“Worst Service I've Had In years” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #356 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
North Carolina
“Worst Service I've Had In years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to ECW last night with my husband and a friend of ours. It was my first time ever going to an ECW, and I sincerely hope our experience last night is a fluke. Looking at other reviews it seems people like this place, but with service like we got last night I don't see how. It may have simply been our waitress, who's negative reputation preceded her.

It was absurdly loud, and the entire place seemed to echo. No doubt due to the large center area. Not what I'd like with dinner, but being so close to a college campus and hosting a bar, I couldn't really have expected less.

We were never waited on. At all. So I'm afraid this review cannot feature any feedback on ECW's food, though the menu items looked delicious. We waited roughly 25 minutes on our waitress to come by our table and she never did. No drink orders, no "Hi, my name is Blahblah", no nothing. We watched her wait other tables, bring out drinks to other people, and even checked on some girls seated directly beside us numerous times. We made eye contact, we stared at her, tried waving... she never came over. That reputation I mentioned preceding her? The friend we were with had mentioned a snotty waitress at ECW from a prior experience. Apparently they had waited 20+ minutes on the check, and when they asked for it at the cash register the waitress spat back with "I have other things to do." Hardly what I'd call good customer service. {I can't recall her name. Starts with an "A" though.} Sad to see her horrible service isn't a one-time occurrence, either. So we left ECW and opted for someplace else.

I may try ECW again in the future s'long as the waitress from last night isn't my waitress again.

• Visited August 2012