“Great location, room and service” 5 of 5 stars

Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 75 hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
roanoke, VA
“Great location, room and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great location to the coliseum, ran a shuttle to concert event, $10 per person round trip. Breakfast buffet was great! Room was quiet and comfortable bed. I've had great experiences at all Hampton Inn's at which I have stayed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I'm so glad you chose to stay with us, we are very eager to please and are happy that you had a wonderful experience. Please make sure you come back and enjoy our wonderful property again!

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Northern VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is my first time staying at this brand Hotel. I stayed in the King Executive Suite. The room was very spacious, contemporary and relaxing. It was myself and my daughter...she said the bed and pillows felt like "sleeping on a cloud". The service desk was welcoming and accomodating for my request of a high floor. Overall, the room was very clean, actually smelled great (would like to know what kind of air freshener they use there) and I like the color scheme..the shower could use a little extra scrubbing power as I noticed a few stains. The room was larger than I expected and I loved the set up. I had to complete work for school and my job while there, so having the large deskspace was perfect. The hotel was quiet, despite being in close proximity to the highway. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our wonderful property, we really need these comments to better serve our guests. The beds are Serta "Tranquility" and do feel like clouds! We get great comments all the time regarding the comfort of the beds so I'm glad your daughter liked it, as well. I am happy to let you know that Hampton Inn by Hilton uses the Febreeze freshening process for our rooms, so what you smelled was plain old Febreeze that you can find in any store. Thanks for staying with us and make sure you come again to our great hotel, we want you here!

Yours in Hospitality,

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Single night, king bed in this newer property.

Staff were all super nice and treated me like family.

Clean, modern and fairly new. Gym was good, breakfast typical.

Location is right off highways and near plenty of food and entrainment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! Your feedback means a lot to my staff and I, it is shared with them and we get great pleasure from knowing that we gave excellent customer service and provided a wonderful stay to our guests. The privelege to serve you is all ours and we hope you come back if you are ever in the area again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This Hampton Inn was very clean. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The location was great for our visit to three colleges in the area. It was convenient to restaurants and the highway. I appreciated that the rooms had queen beds and not doubles. Slept great. The breakfast rated at the top of the "free breakfast" scale.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Wow! What a great review! Thank you for letting us know what meant the most to you, I'm glad you enjoyed our wonderful hotel and staff and sincerely hope you return. We have a lot of parents who stay here due to the great breakfast, amenities and convenience to all colleges, so naturally we are a great fit. Good luck on your decision and come back to see us!

Yours in Hospitality,

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in town to attend the All NC Invitational at the GAC. The Hampton Inn is in close proximity to the GAC, where the event was held. This hotel is only about a year old and is in excellent condition. The interior decorator did a wonderful job and the staff seems to be proud of their hotel, which makes for a good combination. I would suggest someone be at the front desk. On both checking in and checking out, we had to wait on the staff to emerge. The egress to and from the hotel is not the best. Upon entering, you get the feeling that you should not come in from that direction, but it is the only way possible. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You are right! As a leader in the industry we strive for excellence and I'm dissappointed that you had to wait twice for staff to attend to you. They are trained not to leave the front desk unattended, so this looks like an opportunity for additional coaching and training for me. This is not typical behavior, however, when you look at the other comments and from personal experience, It is unusual and I will address it. I'm happy that, over all, you are highly satisfied with the property and will return.

Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My family of four stayed here on a Saturday night in October. While the neighborhood didn't impress us the hotel did. This looks like a new hotel. The room was very clean and everything was in great condition. My girls enjoyed a swim and also got a few snacks from the small convenience store. We didn't try the breakfast (daughters wanted Waffle House) but it looked good. My husband and I loved the free coffee available all day.
The only somewhat negative was the neighborhood. Sunday morning it was ok but when we drove up on Saturday afternoon there was an unsafe feel. It looks to be a busy neighborhood with lots of hotels and businesses but it looks like a struggling neighborhood as well. Just down the road, where we enjoyed dinner, had a completely different feel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments and am glad that you and your girls enjoyed our property. We have 24 hr security, but hardly ever have any incidents even though some sections of the area look better than others ( as with any city you go to). Needless to say, the hotel stands firm on our commitment to give you the best experience and it looks like we did the job:) Please consider us agian when in the area, we want here!

Safe and happy travels,

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a very new location. Very clean and comfortable; the suites are roomy and the beds so comfortable. The staff was very accomodating, professional and friendly. Will definetly be back when traveling to Greensboro.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Great to hear you will back! We strive for excellence and as leaders in the industry our commitment to customer service is so important to us. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on our wonderful property and staff, we truly appreciate your feedback and can't wait to see you again!

Karen Grissom

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area? Share your experiences!