“My new favorite restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 336-852-9707
Martinsville, Virginia
“My new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I keep forgetting...If you have not been here, you are missing out! We tried 4 different appetizers and all of them were excellent (Mousakka was my favorite...still plundering the interwebs for the recipe). The main dish I ordered was Chicken Shawerma (chicken and seasoned rice) was awesome. The salad and house dressing may have been the best I have ever eat in a restaurant. I tried the Kharoub (drink) for something new. I had to ask what it was and was told that it is a fruit juice. I thought it tasted like a very sweet tea, it went well with my meal and I would have it again. It is a small restaurant and a very interesting place to eat. The Chef came to our table and chatted with us a few times, making the experience more personal.

I also had it for take-out I couldn't finish the plate but it was the first time I have ever wanted to finish the salad instead of the main course! It payed off for lunch the following day...LOL

I think it could easily become my favorite restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food was Excellent and the service was just as good. The prices were very reasonable, I will be eating there again.

• Visited January 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Will give it another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We really wanted this place to be good. The environment is fun. The people are warm and friendly. The appetizers were good. But we were disappointed by the entrees. We had chicken shawerma and Tagines - Spinach with Ground Beef. Both entrees looked great but were lacking taste. We will go back to have great appetizers and hopefully better entrees.

Visited January 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Dinner Trip On The Nile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a gem of an Egyptian restaurant. The food and the ambiance are very Egyptian, presided over by the very sociable Chef Samir. The clientele includes many Middle Eastern people who know "home cooking" when they find it. The menu selection is wide, and service is attentive.

I had a dinner of small dishes from the appetizer menu.They were: hummus with beef, babeganoush, calamari in tomato and pepper sauce, Egyptian potatoes, and eggplant in garlic oil. That was more than enough for one, and I stopped there. Egyptian hot tea and baklava finished me off!

As one who has traveled to that area, and just generally a lover of food from the region, I can say this is some of the best that I have had anywhere. There were so many other items I must save for a future visit. But, watching some of the beautiful kabobs, tagines, and other dishes being served around me, you can be sure I will be back.

Visit the website just to enjoy the pictures and Egyptian music!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barrington
“Nice place will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Really good food. Chef comes out and asks how things are. I really encourage others to try this place.
I had the falafel and shish kabobs. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. I'll be back.

• Visited November 2013