“"The South" and Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Visit web site to confirm location
north carolina
“"The South" and Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Why is it that no decent pizza place can survive in the South? Donatos came and went and now there is another good but different pizza chain which I fear will suffer the same fate.

This is good pizza and they have good deals on slices (thick only). As one reviewer describing this as terrible I would only state that the restaurant obviously gave indications that their specialty is thick style pizza and perhaps they should have given in a tried the specialty before slamming the restaurant. Good pizza reminds me of Pizza Hut 20 years ago before they cheapened their pizza to frozen standards. Lunch deal with two slices and a drink $5.00.

Visited July 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Just like home!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I grew up eating Jets Pizza outside of Detroit, where it all started. My family moved away 7 years ago, and I haven't been able up find a replacement for our beloved Friday night pizza. Until I was driving around town and saw a delivery car; to my delight, there is a store in Greensboro!!! We ordered our pizza and ate in in the store. The staff was helpful, the store was clean, and best of all the pizza was fantastic!!! Just like when I was a kid. Sometimes, long distance franchises loose the authenticity of the original, but not here.
I agree with another reviewer, get the 8 corner pizza with turbo crust.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, nc
“Misleading.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stopped in on a Sunday afternoon while doing errands, because they advertised "slices" on the window display. Well, the only individal slices you could get were thick crust; slices not offered in NY style crust. That was the first thing that went wrong. So we decided on the lunch special #1, for $7, which is a small pizza with one topping. When we asked for it in NY crust, we were told you could only get NY crust in a large pizza. ????? What????. Ok, so I should have said "forget it" and went across the street to Panera Bread, but I ordered the large pizza, for $9.99. After two sodas added on, our total was over $15.00. While waiting, I used the restroom, which had no paper towels. When the pizza was ready, it was swimming in grease on top. They gave us plastic forks and knives, but the knife could hardly cut the cheese to pull the slices apart. When I did manage to get a slice apart from the others, all the toppings slid right off the crust when I lifted the slice out of the box. The crust was very wet from the sauce, and grease. It's pretty bad when they have to put a liner in the bottom of the pizza box to soak up grease, etc. What slid off the pizza go stuck to this liner. Yuck, yuck! Overall, poor taste, soggy crust, felt misled by the advertising of slices, and that one style of crust could only be purchased in a large size. That should tell you that the dough is not made fresh, but is sent frozen.

Visited December 2012
“GREAT ODENS BEARD! That's some good pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Wow! Totally unexpected deliciousness. Pizza pick up joint has the best pizza in town. Get the Turbo crust on the 8 corner pizza. $12.99 can't be beat. So awesome we have made it an every week thing. EATIN IT RIGHT NOW!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere