“Simple Pleasures - Thai Style” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Thai
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Simple Pleasures - Thai Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The first thing I noticed was that the building and the dining area was super-clean and that lots of care had been taken to make this a comfortable place to eat. The decor is simple and colorful and nicely done.
The service was very good - our waitress was very pleasant, knew the menu and the recipes well, and could make helpful recommendations. She was also attentive and seemed to know exactly what we needed and when.
I was with a small group of people who each got something different, and everyone commented that they really enjoyed their dishes. I ordered the TOM KA GAI soup which is thin-sliced chicken in spicy coconut milk. I've eaten this variety of soup in lots of Thai restaurants across the country, and this was exceptional. I also had the Thai Fried Rice with chicken and it was delicious as well. I particularly liked that the food was not overly spicy. I'm aware that people's desire for spiciness is varied - this was perfect in that I could enjoy it as it is, or add spice to it if I desired.
I am also pleased with the location, because I'm often in the area of Four Seasons Mall and this is just a few blocks north of there.
I am excited about having such a high quality (yet simple) restaurant in the area - kudos to the owners and staff.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Thai + drive thru = awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Ok.. We all have had the experience of getting home from work, changing into sweatpants, and then realizing that you don't want to cook what you have in the fridge. Thai corner kitchen is so convenient. Just leave the sweatpants on and drive thru. : ) the food is consistently good. I would eat here once or twice a week if I could. I like any flavor curry. The green is particularly rich and flavorful and it has the cutest little slices of hot peppers (it looks like jalapeños.) : )

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good, inexpensive Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stopped by while visiting on business. I order the Pad Cha (special that day) and it was delicious. The place was very slow and had a very "hole in the wall" feel to it. There only seemed to be two guys there (waiter and cook). The food came out fast and was very good. The price is also very reasonable. I would go again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kokomo, Indiana
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were driving by and saw their sign for Thai food. The building looks run down and old but we went inside to check it out anyway. They were very friendly and helpful. We had pad thai and pad see ew. Both were very tasty and cooked well. The place seems to be more of a take out restaurant. I would definitely recommend this place for great Thai food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Va
“Don't judge a book buy it's cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a very nice lunch here. Stopped by on my way out of town. Admittedly, I am not that adventurous with Thai food, so my experience with the cuisine doesn't go much beyond Pad Thai. That being said, I enjoyed my tofu Pad Thai which was cooked perfectly. It wasn't too soggy or overdone. Mild here really is very mild, so if you like a little more of a kick definitely ask for it. I also got an appetizer of crispy duck rolls which were quite tasty. The plate comes with three rolls. The building is no frills as is the sign out front (Just plain black lettering on white -- I missed it the first time I drove by) and the parking lot is arranged oddly, but it is definitely worth venturing inside. Their current sanitation rating is 99.0. The young lady taking care of the small dining room was very pleasant and attentive. Actually I forgot my credit card here, and she was kind enough to hold it for me until I could get back to the restaurant.

• Visited February 2014