“Trust the bad reviews” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inns

You added Scottish Inns to your Saves list
Scottish Inns
831 Greenhaven Drive, Exit Business 85 South then exit 35 C, Greensboro, NC 27406 (Formerly Motel 6 )   |
Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Defiance, OH
“Trust the bad reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We were on our way from Ohio for a week at Myrtle Beach. My husband works 2nd shift, and we left in the middle of the night so that my son and I could sleep most of the drive. We decided to look for a place with a pool so that my husband could sleep most of the day and my son and I could have some fun while he rested. I wasnt expecting the ritz paying under a hundred bucks for a room, but this was awful. The room looked dirty, and the TV only had 2 channels. Son and I were bored so we put on our suits and headed out to the pool with towels and a radio, hoping spend the day and pass time. There were bugs floating everywhere, I grabbed the skimmer myself and cleaned it. My son was in the water for maybe 3 minutes, when something on the pool floor cut his foot. That was the end of that, we packed up and headed back to the room. No wifi, so computers and gadgets were out. I decided we would venture out to sight see and maybe catch a bite to eat while DH slept, but there was nothing convenient nearby. We ended up bored out of our minds flipping between 2 channels. I was so happy to check out the next morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

This Motel 6 is the worst motel I have stayed in my life. I should have clued in when I saw the registration clerk's office was entirely locked and sealed by thick, bullet-proof glass. Floodlights illuminate the parking lot all night, a seeming deterrent for theft. Our room was disgusting. Our bed's blanket and bedspread were filthy. No restaurants or fast food places are nearby. I do not recommend this motel for any type of travel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

The first night the guy at the counter was fairly helpful but otherwise not much good about the place. The door was bowed so daylight came in through top and bottom. Non-smoking room yet clear burn marks from cigarettes all over the room. Pay per day internet (every motel we'd stayed at previously had free internet) and only available in certain rooms. Room cleaners would call and ask if we needed anything, even if we said no we were fine, they would still come in. The ghetto slums are right next door and continue for some ways. If you are out at night it is not uncommon to see people hanging out their doors, which gives a bit of a "drug deal" type look. We had a room with two beds, they clearly did not fit, one bed was jammed up against the intake of the heat/air.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

drove from Ohio straight after work all the way to Greensboro, NC. I decided that since it was just a 2 night stay in North Carolina, I would go ahead and save some money and reserve a room at the Motel 6. I figured that judging by other Motel 6's I have been to, it will be cheap and clean, boy was I WRONG! I had hope as I pulled up because it was next door to a church, so for some reason, I thought it would be legit, ha!

I arrived around 2am and although I had booked my room online with a credit card guarantee, so that I would not be stuck with a smoking room, I was stuck with a smoking room. I received my key to the room which I obviously did not need because the door was already open at 2am when we got there. I looked at the bed and saw it was just white, because the comforters were on the dingy carpet and the pillows were all stacked on one bed. It looked like the housekeeper was cleaning the room and there was a state of emergency called, so she/he just jetted out of the room.

After the shock of the beds, I went to the restroom and there were brown spots ALL over the walls and floor. I did not even think to sit on the toilet! We did not have enough linens, there were 2 towels, no wash cloths, no hand towels, no bath mat. The ceiling of the bathroom was infested with mold, and everything was just NASTY!

I spoke to the guy at the front desk and the rent-a-cop and they were so "shocked" and helped me out with linen, but I had a feeling that this was a usual routine for them. The night was slightly scary because it sounded like there were a lot of shady characters and vagrants roaming around. I was ecstatic to check out the next day and never look back!

Just a heads up if you do not like huge dogs, I would not recommend staying at Motel 6 because apparently all pets are allowed there. I did not even look at the so called pool they had because it is most likely infested with God knows what!

I spent my second night in Greensboro, NC at Crestwood Suites which was great. The only negative about it is that the walls can be a bit too thin for comfort; but the room was clean, the staff was great, and the location was not sketchy at all.

• Liked — The fact that I could check out
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cyberspace
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Our family rented 2 adjoining rooms for two nights this past week. We chose Motel 6 based upon previous experiences with the chain, and because it was near to our destination. Never again... The rooms were tiny and not entirely clean. The beds were atrocious...sinkholes in the middle of the mattresses. We could not park within a decent proximity of our room. Upon inquiring of the front desk staff because we did not have a sufficient number of towels (1 per person), we were told to come back at 11:30pm or the next morning. There was no clock or refrigerator. Our room keys did not always work. The television sets malfunctioned every time they were turned on. The shower bench in one of the bathrooms did not fold up, forcing us to all use one shower. We received prank phone calls in the wee morning hours from other patrons. All in all, not a very restful/satisfying stay.

On a positive note, the lighting in the parking lot was some of the brightest we've ever had. The ice machine was in good working order. The swimming pool looked clean from a distance, but we did not use it.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Williamsburg VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and immediately noticed that this appeared not to be a family friendly motel. The pool was closed for the season (in June). The motel is run down and appears to cater to the younger and transient crowd. No one that traveled with us felt safe (including the males). My room was smelly, had holes in the curtains, and not cleaned properly (trash behind the night stand). This is my last stay at a Motel 6.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty, unsafe environment
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

We chose this location because we were looking for something inexpensive that had parking for large vehicles (we were towing a trailer) and allowed pets.

This was not very conveniently located from I-40, but wasn't really hard to find.

The clerk on duty was very friendly and was nice enough to cut us a deal on the price because we took 2 rooms. He was also able to accomodate my mother, who is handicapped and was travelling with us by putting us in adjoining handicapped accesible rooms. This worked well for us because this was in a quiet area of the motel. There were a lot of boisterous people staying on the upper floors further down the property. The rooms had outside access which we prefered.

The rooms were fairly clean, but had some maintenance issues, especially in the bathrooms. And even though the rooms were non-smoking, there was a smoky smell in there. Not too bad though once we left the door open to air out a bit.

Although we didn't use it, there was a guest laundry room which could be convenient for those doing a lot of travelling. There was also a pool which we did not use, but looked ok.

The most inconvenient thing about our stay there was that there were no restaurants around for a couple of miles. We got in late and were not interested in having to go back out and drive a long distance to find something to eat. The clerk did give us a number of menus of places that delivered to the motel though and that worked out ok.

The area around the motel had a grassy area that was a good place to walk our dog without having to worry about traffic.

Not the most fabulous place we have ever stayed, but because of the very low price, if we were ever in this area again, we would probably stay there again.

• Liked — Inexpensive, able to meet our needs for a handicapped room, pet and parking for our trailer
  • Disliked — bathrooms really needed some maintenance and upgrading
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Scottish Inns? Share your experiences!