“I love Cleopatras!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between W. Wendover and Green Valley
“I love Cleopatras!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Cleopatras is delicious, fresh, & an overall great place to eat. The food is authentic, tasty, & the servers aim to please. I have been here 4 times & each time the service was great & they encouraged me to try a sauce or dessert etc to expand my palette. My last server, Betty, was very nice & attentive. I live the babaghanoush, any of the shwarmas, & the desserts!!! Everything is delicious & the portions are large. The sandwiches are great - my fave so far!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good value for the dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my first time trying Cleopatra's and it was so delicious I really enjoyed the lamb chops and baba ghanoush. I had great service the server was so nice and welcoming explaining menu items that I have never tried before in great detail. So I decided to try the rice pudding it was superb. I will be back very soon to try some new dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Meat is Gone, No Wait, Meat is Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Husband and I were looking for something different and another restaurant we were headed to was closed on Sunday so, I suggested Cleopatra's as I had been there before and it was scrumptious. During my previous visit I ordered the Macaroni Béchamel along with a side of Hummus Bil Tahina (note they charge $1.00 for Pita Bread) ?? My lunch had been so delicious, that day, I did not hesitate to suggest the restaurant to my husband. Our server stated they were not serving lunch - only Brunch and then proceeded to explain what the Brunch consisted of - sandwiches were included in the choices (aren't sandwiches lunch?) - I asked again, about sandwiches being lunch and was told lunch was not being served but sandwiches were. ???

Husband and I ordered the Brunch for each. A basket with two small Pitas were brought out along with dipping oil - they were tasty but a bit doughy - we ordered two more to eat with the Brunch. The salad was delicious but the Feta Cheese was not to be seen - and then a plate of, what our server told us was, breakfast. An omelet with chopped vegetables (it looked old and tired as if it had been sitting waiting) a couple of tablespoons of whipped Fava Beans and a serving of a Parsley Pie (similar to a Greek Spinach Pie - only with Parsley). The Fava Beans take some getting used to - but if you like them - swell - we didn't.

Our main plate came out next - this plate had about two tablespoons of Musakaa Bellahma (Eggplant-beef-tomatoes-garlic and bell pepper) the beef was nowhere to be found though. It was still tasty but the beef was left out. Three-four slices of Zucchini/Squash/Red Pepper, a ball of Flava Beans that had been deep fried (much too long) and when cut into was green inside. We asked the server what it was and was told it was Flava Beans - just like the whipped tan colored Flava Beans that were on our first plate - magically it changed color when fried? She could not tell us why the inside of the fried ball was green - we didn't eat it as it was overly fried and did not taste right. (just so you and they know - it is ground fava beans, cilantro, parsley, dill, onion, garlic and chives and it comes with a dip (not on our plate))

The main plate also had two types of rice - a white rice with dried vermicelli and a white rice with cinnamon/raisins and nuts - this rice was tasty but not the white with vermicelli (much too dry - no moisture). There were also two dried out sausages of chicken on the plate - husband tried his and just shook his head - the meal was basically disappointing - seemed all cooked too long or reheated after sitting around on a counter or such. On the top of all of this - sat two small cubes of a Chicken Kabab which were good.

We anticipated the next plate would have the Beef/Lamb Shawerma and the Chicken Shawerma but our server came over and told us dessert was coming out next. What happened to our Shawerma - we asked. Our server looked surprised and exclaimed - you didn't get it? (why did she act surprised - she was our server - the only one serving us - wouldn't she know if she brought it out or not -odd) She went back into the kitchen, came back out and told us it was gone - there was none - the meat was 86'd she informed us. I then told her to bring something else or reduce our bill. Server goes to the back again, comes out and then tells us that she called the owner in California (CA?) and she will give us the Beef/Lamb Shawerma and Chicken Shawerma as a lunch portion and not charge for it. That is swell - great and wonderful - but wasn't it gone a few minutes prior? The food magically reappeared??? We said thanks and had it wrapped up to take home - dessert was on the way.

When our server was talking about dessert, when we first sat down, she told us the rice pudding was quite good. We wish, now, that we had ordered it - instead, since we like the Greek pastry (that looks like shredded wheat) we ordered Konafa - thin hair dough baked with a layer of nuts and honey -- unfortunately it was hard as a rock - crunchy - you could not cut it - had to pick it up, bite into it and watch it crumble onto your plate.

Our bill came to $42.00 - Two for Brunch. Advice is don't go to Brunch - try regular lunch menu or dinner and wish for the best. Also - if you do want to try the Brunch - it is $15 and you can pay an additional $5.00 to share the plates - one order is enough for two people - you don't need to buy two brunches. We were not informed of this until about half way through the meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mommyexpat
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We got some really good food. The fewl was lovely. Service was swift and polite. It was a really nice lunch overall.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Try the desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you are the kind of person that only eats things with ketchup or ranch on them don't eat here. If you enjoying expanding your palate and want to try something new come here and get a real taste of Egypt.