“Ok for the price!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Virginia
“Ok for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

Was in town for NC A&T's graduation and needed accomodations that were nice, yet reasonable. We originally had booked at Studio Plus but canceled after reading the horrible reviews. After long research, decided to book at Crestwood. We had 2 suites for 2 nights and the price was less than $150. This was very affordable for 4 people.

The only thing wrong with the room was the filthy shower curtain liner but the staff went out of their way to make it better for us. They had no new curtains in stock so they washed the curtain for us immediately. I would say the matress is not the most comfortable, this could be an upgrade.

• Liked — Reasonable Price
  • Disliked — The fact it was an extended stay means any and everything has stayed there.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

The location was very convenient to the airport - it was only about 5-7 minutes away, but with none of the noise one would expect being close to an airport.

The room was okay for the price, though it seemed as though the tub was one of those intall-it-yourself type of deals that squeaked and groaned with every movement one made, slight or otherwise.

As I learned from other reviews. I requested cleaning service immediately when I got there, but still received none. When I checked with the night clerk, she said that it was noted that service was done, but I informed her that I was looking at the bed in the same condition it was left and the same towels that were used the night before.

Overall, for the price, it was a reasonable place to stay. I don't know if I could take it for more than a weekend though.

• Liked — Location to airport and Greensboro Coliseum
  • Disliked — Poor room service, but hospitable staff
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

After reading other reviews on Crestwood Suites here on this site, I was convinced it was the best place for my husband and I to stay at on our trip to Greensboro, NC. The positive reviews of the other travelers were exactly what they wrote: the room was clean, the amenities were very basic but complete - kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, electric range/oven), bathroom, desk, reclining love seat, comfy bed, tv and wi-fi. Crestwood Suites is ideal for any traveler looking to stay comfortably in Greensboro and surrounding areas and at a very affordable price. A work table provides room for working on your laptop and eating. I highly recommend this to everyone. Beats staying at a hotel that doesn't even have refrigerators and microwaves and cost more! Definitely will stay there if ever we go back to Greensboro. Plus, it's only 5 minutes from the airport.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

Booked a two night stay through Orbitz. The facility looks fairly new and seems to have the basic needs but has some issues. Desk staff was not friendly and barely said two words to us during check in.. The first room we received had not been serviced from the previous guest as evident by the unmade bed, towels on the floor and pile of garbage. We requested another room and this one was dirty in the corners, on window sills and smelled musty. The volume on the television worked poorly. Found out later that you only receive room servicing the following day upon request. Walls seemed thin and noisy neighbors kept us up part of the night and the neighbor across the hall was burning incense to cover up the smell of ???? I later requested another keycard to supplement the one my wife had, and they handed me one without checking my identification! Front desk hours are limited and nobody was available to help us with checkout. Checkout consisted of slipping the keycard under the door - no receipt. We travel occasionally and can overlook an isolated issue but the Greensboro Crestwood has too many to be considered isolated.

• Stayed May 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2005

I have stayed at this Motel on several occasions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is not for the traveler who expects hotel service, it is for the extended stay traveler. You should not expect daily maid service, you get one light cleaning, and one full cleaning (incuding new sheets) per week. There is a kitchen with pots pans and dishes provided, but you clean up and wash them yourself.

The price is very good for extended stay (5 or more nights). You do not get the extras, fitness center, restaurant, etc, but all are located nearby and easy to get to.

Overall a very good value.

• Stayed March 2005
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

I had booked a room at the Crestwood from May 26th to May 30th to attend my granddaughters wedding. I checked in late at night, finding the room very musty smelling, but exhausted, I decided to address the issue in the morning. Upon waking I found I had bug bites on my face, arms and body. I went immediately to the front desk, told them my problem and requested another room, or hotel. I was told, due to a NASCAR event in Charlotte that there were no rooms available... anywhere nearby. I personally called around and was told by hotel after hotel the same thing. So I was more or less trapped and forced to stay at the Crestwood. I bought bug spray and candles to burn in my room, hoping to make the best of it. My stay there was a pure nightmare and the management at Crestwood has refused to do anything to compensate my stay. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

We were shown a preview unit in October, which resembled a Residence Inn room, only much smaller. We were traveling in a group of seven adults for business, and blocked 6 rooms. When we arrived in April of the following year we found the rooms were filthy, toilets not cleaned, dishes dirty, trash from previous tenant still in receptacles. In addition, light bulbs had been stolen from lamps and not replaced. One room had carpet damage, and they had taped it with duct tape to repair.

Complaints were handled with "deal with it". In this part of the country when they host a major market there are no additional rooms to "move to" as hotels are sold out. In the 8 days we were there the rooms were NOT checked daily, towels were not provided unless you went and got them yourself, the phone system for wake up calls and messaging did not work, the room keys would not work and you were locked out, and no one was on duty to assist you. One morning we went downstairs for coffee, returned and could not get in our room. The card worked when we used it to get back into the lobby, but the card would no longer open the door to our room. We needed to get back into the room to get our brief cases, phones, id, etc. and there was no one on duty, and all calls to the after hours number went to voice mail.

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had in business travel. The staff was rude and made it clear they did not care. The carpet and furniture were dirty, the housekeeping nonexistent, and we were billed three times the normal rate because we were in the furniture industry. We were paying $90 a night, and a local who was staying there said he was paying $39. There was a large banner on the outside of the building saying double occupancy only $49 a night.

Been to Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport? Share your experiences!