“Ever Heard of a Downgrade?” 2 of 5 stars

Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Americhase Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409   |
Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Ever Heard of a Downgrade?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Made reservations three weeks in advance for a late arrival, called headquarters to request a confirmation. When we arrived at 7:00 PM, there was much stalling and searching for our reservation and finally were told that our queen room was not available and we'd be quote,"downgraded to a double." I told them they could "upgrade us, but no downgrade." Astonished at the situation, we requested to cancel. The clerk refused to cancel, but (as we stood in the foyer trying to decide our next course of action for two tired travelers) she, with the manager's help, found an available queen room/suite. The room was small, very dated, old TV. The only good thing I can say about our experience is it was at least acceptably clean. Double linens on the queen bed barely reached the edges. Two flat pillows on the bed. Several people ran up and down the hall slamming doors, and two van loads of noisy teens milled around outside of our second floor window until 1:00 AM. For a few dollars more, better accommodations are available nearby. We will never go to a Crestwood Suites again.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CrestwoodGreensboro, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I want to personally apologize for the situtation you encountered. We are always striving to improve and hearing from you is an important step in that process! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have any other questions, concerns, or comments.

Tammy Nichols

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a very pleasent stay. Rooms are nice and spacious and clean. This is were I stay everytime I come thru Greensboro. All rooms come with a kitchen and living room which makes for a relaxing stay. TV's are in bedroom and living room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrestwoodGreensboro, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

My staff and I would like to thank you personally for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our amenities we offer at the Crestwood Suites in Greensboro. We take pride in our hotel and are so happy to hear that you had a very pleasant stay! We appreciate your business each time and look forward to your next trip through Greensboro!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

i love this hotel. The location is near so many places to eat and the highway. The staff is great and its affordable and quiet. Its very clean and the beds are comfortable. Ive had had nothing but peace and quiet and my boyfriend and i am very happy with our stay

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you love our hotel and the convenience of our location. The staff here works diligently to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Toaster broke, beds had semen on them, cabinets broke, coffee pot discussing, felt like bathroom floor was caving in, stove pots stuck, dirty human soil stains on couches. Hotel staff was nice but did not follow through with there word. Didn't have any new bed sheets for us. Asked us to pack our room up and move us to another room at midnight.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I want to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I did forward your concerns to our Head Housekeeping to get those areas resolved immediately. I am happy to hear the staff was nice, but I regret there was no follow through with your concerns. Again, I would like to express my apologies to you regarding your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My stay was wonderful i stayed several nights and it was great we came back every weekend after and had no problems at all the ladys was wonderful. They even called yhe room to make sure everythibg was ok. And asked if i needed anything

• Stayed September 2013
CrestwoodGreensboro, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning our hotel on Trip Advisor. The staff here enjoys making sure your stay is pleasant each time and we really appreciate your business. We appreciate you staying with us regularly and look forward to your next visit!

Tammy Nichols, GM
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm very familiar with this hotel. It's not as up to date as others but it's very comfortable and the staff is very friend;y. If there are any problems, they are more than willing to help solve them. I stay here very frequently and the location is close to shopping and dining. Great value for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing! The staff here pride themselves in making sure you have a pleasant stay. I am so happy to hear that our location is convenient for you as well. We appreciate you and look forward to your return visit!

Tammy Nichols, GM
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The only thing I can say about my stay is:
People trying to get into my room...
Toilet leaking and then sending a porter to fix it...when he made it WORSE, I got a maintenance man finally!.......
Bigger dogs than 20 pounds (1 aggressive growler)....more than 1 dog per room in some cases....
Coffee in the lobby? Umm not!...
Screens ripped and not fitting properly, letting in bugs...
Noisy as heck (can hear people in the hall talking, arguing, just normal voices, doors slamming constantly)...
Walking down the hall you can hear conversations in the rooms...
Tub creaks and sound like it's going through the floor...
Holes in blankets. When the manager was told, she said "No way". Well yes way...
Just on and on. There are better places to stay than here. Comp me for a year and I'd still say, no way!!

Room Tip: There are no "quiet" rooms, find some place else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrestwoodGreensboro, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the different occurrences you encountered in regards to your room. I have discussed your comments with our staff and we will work diligently to address these issues and correct them. Again, I truly apologize and hope that sometime in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust.

Tammy Nichols GM

Been to Crestwood Suites of Greensboro Airport? Share your experiences!