“Enjoyable Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Enjoyable Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Only bad thng that has happened at my 2 stays at Micotel was an ac unit that wasnt working properly, which then, they switched my room out quickly. Staff was pleasant. The fellow guest didn't seem like weirdos (Talked to on guy about NBA). Beds are decent. My only problem with the room is the TV and its location.That is my biggest concern Continental breakfast was basic but not bare bones like other places.Overall pretty decent stay...Again my only complaint is the TV (is HD a stretch?) and its location (the ceiling haha).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
DRYDEN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Noise from a teen sport team was addressed AFTER phone calls from numerous hotel guests. Calling my home phone to tell me they wanted to move me to another room, because of a leak from my bathroom to the one below was ridiculous when they had both of my cell numbers & knew I was in town on business for an additional 5 days. They couldn't even stick to a confirmed reason to move me... they needed to... they didn't... they did, etc. The first room they took me to smelled so bad, I was gagging before I was completely in the room. Final room seemed fine.... though I was called 5 minutes after being in the room to be told the TV wasn't working properly and would be replaced in the morning. I didn't wait for the replacement, because when I woke up about 2:30am to go to the bathroom, I was greeted by 2 bugs in the bathroom, then one on the built-in night stand, an additional one in the bathroom and a final one in the frig.
The desk clerk on duty refused to help find a room at another one of their hotels, for that matter he wouldn't even hold the door open, so I could get the luggage cart thru the doors.... which resulted in a pulled muscle.
When I asked why he is working in a service industry, he had the audacity to say he tried to help. Really????? With what????
And the manager had great reasons for not calling me in a timely manner... none of which were acceptable.

KANNAPOLIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

i checked in on oct 10 for EIGHT nights, i work nights so sleep during the day. on the 4th day i was there the maid came knocking on my door saying i needed to check out and interrupted my sleep i told her i was not checking out til the wed. THEN the front desk called into my room wanting me to come down and PAY for my room. I expect when i CHECK IN that it is done RIGHT so that I am not WOKEN up during the day because your staff can't do their job properly. I stay in hotels in that area about 15-20 days a month and your hotel will be the last resort I use in the future. And I also think that your rates are way overpriced for the quality of the rooms.

LADYS ISLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

3rd stay at this Microtel.
The only improvements I would recommend is better communication with future guests. Each time I have made reservations by fax, I have had to follow up to make sure the fax was received and the rooms reserved.
Also, upon checking in, I found I was being billed differently than what I was shown while making reservations. This was quickly corrected upon check in.
Also, I find they have very little staff to answer the phones at times for reservations and confirmation.
Ans last, my room was not touched by housekeeping during my stay.

Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in Greensboro to vend a quilt show there. the town of Greensboro has 2 motels...big choice...knowing the name Microtel and stayed in several I took the Microtel. What a mistake!!! the room was dirty....the bathroom had stuff all over the floor and the bed did not look like it had been changed. I complained got a new room a little better. The "breakfast" was served in the laundry room on top of the washer and dryer. We went to McDonalds! when I asked about this I was rudely told if I didn't like it I could move to a different hotel. I had less than 30 min to get to my show to work...this was not an option. the desk which was run by husband and wife were very rude. I was told they run a clean operation. Don't believe it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Greensboro? Share your experiences!