“Better than expected in perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Better than expected in perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I usually stay with competing hotels but opted for the Wyndham because the Furniture Market was in town and there wasn't much else available. My daughter and I were in town on a college tour trip visiting UNC Greensboro. I couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. It was clean, quiet, smelled fresh, and the staff at check-in was really friendly. Our room was also really clean and was really large compared to a LaQuinta I stayed in the following night in another town. Breakfast the following morning was satisfying although they could stand to cook their bacon a little crispier. It was like chewing on a piece of limp greasy fat. Location is fantastic....lots of restaurants immediately close by and the college was less than 2 or 3 miles from the hotel. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We strive everyday to provide a clean hotel and our signature "Count on Me" service. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greensboro.

Be Well,
Lauren Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Windsor ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Booked with expedia.ca, which labeled it a 2 1/2 star hotel but based on the quality of the room and breakfast it deserves 3 1/2 stars.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed at the Wingate for the 4th of July weekend with my friends and my partner. We chose Wingate because the price was very reasonable (they had a deal that if you booked 3 nights you would get 30% off), they had an outdoor pool and we had a good experience with them in Pensacola years ago. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The staff is courteous and professional. The breakfast buffet is well-stocked and had 2 kinds of waffle mixes available to our delight. The rooms are spacious but the decor is a little traditional for our taste. Overall a great experience! For a budget hotel, Wingate is really a great choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Timbuktu, Mali
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I booked this hotel several months before my daughter was to attend a course there in one of the conference rooms. I requested a late checkout at 5.00pm due to her course not ending until 4.30pm. At the time of check in, I was not informed that the late check in was not possible for 5.00 pm. On the day of departure, at about 11.40 am I received a call from the front desk asking me to vacate the room by 1.00 pm (i.e. only 1 hour late checkout granted, otherwise I would have to pay a second nights rate for the extra hours. I argued that the front desk check-in clerk should have made this clear to me. The Gneral Manager then came on the phone, and was very rude and impersonal, said she would extend late check out only till 2.00pm, and was generally very discourteous and unprofessional. I will never stay in a Wyndham chain hotel ever again, due to this incident.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
The Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro strives to deliver our Count on Me! customer service and accomodate all of our guest requests. We sincerely regret about not being able to honor a later checkout than 2pm due to the hotel being sold out and us being able to honor our 3pm check in guarantee.

The Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro Team
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I frequently travel to Greensboro and have stayed in many hotels in the area. This is definitely one of the good ones. The room spacious and clean. It has a good breakfast and free laundry. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at about ten different places on a recent family vacation through Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina, and the Wingate in Greensboro was easily the best of all of them. We have a son and a daughter, 13 and 11 respectively, so we needed three beds. We got a very large suite with two comfortable queen beds and a very nice queen-sized sofa bed, two flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, a huge bathroom, refrigerator, microwave, etc., all for about $100. The free breakfast was very good, but a real highlight was the free dinner -- the hotel was having a "happy hour" that ended just as we were checking in at 7:00, and the staff invited us to join in. They had a buffet with chicken alfredo and chicken teriyaki that my kids are still talking about as one of their favorite dinners of the trip, and they even offered my wife and me a couple of beers. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and made our stay at the Wingate the most enjoyable of our trip -- and at a bargain price. The Wingate chain bills itself as "built for business," but I'd rate it excellent for families as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Arrived late, needing sleep, had booked two queen beds, on arrival got 1 king and a sleeper sofa. Offered "hot" breakfast, which was reheated eggs and bacon, and HUGE line; they were slow refilling the serving dishes. Juice machine needed a refill. Sunday was same story. Ice machine on our floor was jammed. Business travel is about moving quick. Eating a hot meal at the hotel is faster and less expensive than going out..., but had to go out anyway. Several adjacent hotels, and for the offer vs. Windham's delivery of promise..., room was $20 too expensive each night per person. Had our group been any larger; it would've been a disaster. I think my group was ripped off.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro? Share your experiences!