“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
louisville
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Both times we have had a very good time. The breakfast is very good (includes eggs and meat dish, cereal, fruit, juice, bread items). The staff is friendly. We have visited other hotels in the area and find this one to be the best in terms of a price vs. value trade off.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
We appreciate the time that you have taken to post your review about our hotel. The full breakfast has been a great addition to our property! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rocky Mount
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

will continue to stay everyone does best to help making stay very comfortable

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for returning to our property for another visit! Make sure your a Wyndham Rewards member so you can earn points from your frequent stays to redeem for free hotel rooms, airline points or gift cards just to name a few.
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have stayed at this location of the Wingate several times now and am pleased with its location, as well as the extremely clean rooms. Parking is free.

Located just off I40 but far enough away that there is absolutely no road noise in the rooms. There are also a lot of restaurant choices in the area.

Several weeks ago the hotel also started having a free evening manager’s reception on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Things that I have eaten at the evening reception include sandwiches, salad, wings, and potato skins. There is beer and wine available.

Breakfast is not as well stocked as the evening reception with the standard breakfast fare. They do have 2 waffle makers, and egg product and bacon along with your traditional continental breakfast foods. Nothing extraordinary, just a good hot meal to start off the day.

Checkout is not until 12pm and this allows me to get work done in the morning without having to rush.

The room itself is spacious, with flat screen TV, sofa and large work desk. The rooms I have been in are extremely clean and the beds have all been comfortable.

My only complaint is that the wifi in the hotel continuously drops my companies VPN and if I want to work online I have to use my air card. Using the internet is not a problem but the hotels network does not agree with my secure company VPN connection.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for posting your review on our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the Internet dropping your company VPN. I have talked to Deep Blue Wireless and they suggested that you call their 800# (listed on the desk card in your room) when you are connected and they can look at it to see if they can help with your issue. Feel free to seek me out on your next stay and I will be happy to do all I can to resolve your internet issue.
Again, thank you for your comments!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I almost hesitate to write this review, because I don't want too many people to discover this hotel. But after my experience this week, I feel compelled to do so. I found this property in the fall of 2011, when I began traveling frequently to Greensboro for business. I was impressed immediately with the cleanliness of the lobby and rooms, and had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the comfortable office chair and desk in my room for working. But I was even more impressed after I checked out. When I was at my meeting, I received a phone call from the hotel. I assumed there must have been some problem with my bill, but no - they were calling to let me know I'd left my Blackberry charger. Bless their hearts! I've left items in other hotels, and never gotten a call like that! The service is impeccable, from check in to check out. The housekeeping staff are as friendly and professional as the front desk staff. One time when I made my reservation, I asked for my favorite room by number. When I arrived, I was a little bummed out to see that I had been assigned a different room. But when I went up to the floor, I found myself with a key to my favorite room! They recognized the room I "meant" even though I gave the wrong number when I made the reservation. Impressive.

I've stayed here about 12 nights now, and the only time I had a negative experience was during NC A&T Homecoming weekend, when I had a group of partiers next door one night. That was awful. But that appears to have been an isolated experience, and normally the hotel is as quiet as a library. The only other negative is that the treadmill in the workout room has been broken for a few months. If a treadmill is important to you, be aware. The elliptical trainer works, and that's what I used last night. Usually I take advantage of this property's "deal" with the Rush Fitness Complex. If you show your room key and a special piece of paper identifying you as a guest, you can work out at the Rush down Wendover for free. A fabulous perk!

Based on my experiences at this hotel, I made a reservation at a Wingate by Wyndham in another city. Be forewarned - all Wingates are NOT the same. That one was... well... gross. My room at that hotel smelled like stinky feet and there were huge stains on the carpet. I cancelled my second night's reservation there, and came back here. Oh how glad I was to get into my pristine, comfortable, pleasant smelling room at the Wingate here in Greensboro last night!!

Thank you Landmark Center Wingate, for maintaining such a beautiful and comfortable hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your review of our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to do it. It is this kind of review that helps make us successful as well as the staff that deliver the experience to you! I am sorry that your other Wingate stay was not what you expected!

The continual treadmill issue has finally been resolved and it is working like new. Be on the lookout, we will be remodeling the Fitness Center to make it larger and add more equipment.

We promise to try and make every trip to our Wingate the best that it can be!
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

First time I ever stayed at a Wingate Inn and it will be the last time. From the front lobby, the place looked pretty decent and I received a good rate.

Thin Walls- Sketchy People
Staying there was not good at all. Had paper thin walls and heard a loud party going on all night next door. The people next door were playing loud music, yelling, and cursing. Hotel did nothing about it. Finally turned on my radio's white noise loud to try and block it out. Bottom line is that there were some sketchy people staying here. Looks like this place might have been nice 10 years ago, but is kind of sketch today.

Poor Management
After spending close to $600 at this place on two rooms, I noticed there was a $75 charge on my account several weeks later. I called up to the hotel and two different employees could not tell me what it was. After calling several times and finally getting the manager, I was told it was a charge for a "bed skirt".
Basically, there is no way to contest this. They said the bed skirt was missing, so I'm charged for it. No one called me, notified me, etc. Just a charge shows up and it can't be explained for a while. Why would anyone want that nasty bed skirt? Who knows what in the world has gone on, on that thing. Why would someone want to steal it? Not me, that's for sure.

Rude Manager
After speaking with the manager, I determined I would never stay at one of these places again. She was patronizing in my conversation and informed me that, that bed skirt costs a whole lot more than $75. What am I supposed to do, thank her for the discount? She had no explanation as to why I wasn't contacted about this matter. Even though I spent a ton at her place, she wasn't interested in even talking about this.

Basically, if they say you took something there is no way to contest it or prove you didn't. They won't even ask you about it, you will just get charged and have to figure it out.

BTW, I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place around the corner. Stay there. Wingate Inn is hood, don't stay there.

Room Tip: Go to the Hyatt Place around the corner.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We are sorry for your experience at our hotel.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This interior corridor motel is conveniently located just off I-40 in an area of shopping and restaurants. There is plenty of free parking. Our check-in was quick and as reserved. In the room we found a small gift bag with bottled water, snacks and a personalized note to us by name, thanking us for our business as Wyndham Rewards members.

The large room was decorated with painted walls and framed art. The furniture included 2 comfortable queen beds, night tables, a desk with office chair, an upholstered chair with ottoman, a wooden chair, a table and lamp, a bench for luggage, and a 3-drawer dresser which served as a stand for a 37” flat panel television. Amenities included a closet, clock radio, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron and board, and a single-cup type coffeemaker. In addition to the desk phone there was a cordless handset on a night table. Everything was clean and in good working order. The room was comfortable and quiet. The furniture was a step up in quality from the usual style found in motels.

The free wireless Internet connected quickly and maintained a 54Mbps connection. A business center off the large lobby provided several workstations with printers.

The “all-in-one” bathroom included a 6-foot long vanity and was nicely decorated with wallpaper and upgraded surfaces. The only gripe was the faucet spout only extended over the sink area about one inch, causing a lot of water to splash back onto the counter surface around the faucet.

In the morning we found our bill had been slipped under the door, along with a complimentary copy of USA Today. A nice touch!

The free breakfast in the large dining area included coffee, tea, juices, milk, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, English muffins, bagels, toast, muffins, Danish, cereal, oatmeal and fresh fruit. An attendant kept everything stocked.

This was one of the most exceptional properties that we have stayed in. It was easily equal in décor, accommodations and room amenities to many luxury hotels, but at a much more reasonable price and without the nitpicking extra charges.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your patronage and taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel.
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Our daughter moved since last year so we had to find a new hotel that was nearer her new home. We tried this hotel and it was quite nice. It was renovated last year and the rooms are big, with a sitting area, coffee maker, fridge and micro. They have a pool, outside, a hot tub, inside, a fitness room and a business center. The staff was very accomodating. Morning brings a great hot breakfast including eggs each day. For all this the price was nominal.
We will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and had no problems at all.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro? Share your experiences!