“Not As Impressive As I Thought It Would Be” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Internet
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Pennsylvania
“Not As Impressive As I Thought It Would Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed for two nights a this hotel. Rooms are very nicely decorated, and look updated. However, the housekeeping staff never replenished the shampoo, coffee packets, etc. and the room always felt damp because the bathroom has no exhaust, which means the steam from the shower has to go somewhere! The rooms only have double or king beds - no queens, which is a pet peeve of mine. For the price of this hotel, I guess I was expecting more. Will look for another hotel if in this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Samantha E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons, responded to this review, June 17, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is my first stay at this property. The front desk staff were pleasant. This is a very larger property and during my stay they were at 100% occupancy. The rooms were nicely appointed. I loved the shower as it had a shower head that was in the ceiling and the water came straight down on you. Nice touch. The bed and pillows were not the most comfortable for me and woke up tired.

I was surprised with Sheraton properties being more upscale that they did not have complimentary USA Today or Wall Street Journals papers available. Only the local, very small newspaper which was a disappointment.

I am a member of the Delta Air Lines/Sheraton Hotels Elite Crossover program. I asked the front desk what I received as a member and at first no one had any idea, then I was told I had to put a code in when I made my reservation. I never heard anything like that when I signed up for the program and no other hotel chain makes their stomper do anything like that. You get your points and miles without doing anything except make your reservation.

I spoke with the Assistant Manager, ms. Jones who was very helpful and nice. She called the companies customer service to which we waited 15 minutes for a human. After speaking with a young lady who was less than helpful, I proceeded to hang the phone up on her as it was a complete waste of my time. She told me I needed to call Delta to find out what I get.

This paperers to be a very disjointed program for both parties and looks like this is Sheraton's fist foray into a combined loyalty program. As of today I still have no idea what I am supposed to get from both companies and this will be my last stay at any Sheraton property if this is the kind of service and amenities I will receive a t a high end hotel chain.

As a lifetime Platinum with Marriott , i will stay 10-15 minutes away next time.

The restraint was nice and fairly priced for dinner, lunch and breakfast.

Not impressed!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Samantha E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We are very apologetic that your portions of your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We do not like hearing that we fell short on delivering on your expectations, your experience is certainly unacceptable and not the hospitality we are known for. We appreciate your comments; it helps us improve upon our services.
Broad Creek, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have enjoyed this hotel and conference center for the annual water conference for several years. The service is good; the rooms are newly . The rooms were very clean upon arrival and the duly maid service was great. The food at the conference center was quite tasty.

Room Tip: Tipping the bellhop is a great idea!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
The Sheraton team appreciates your positive comments as they let us know we are providing the service and amenities our guest deserve. Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a wonderful review. We'll see you next year!
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Several items made this one of my worst stays ever. I travel a lot and have stayed here in the past, however, even with the renovations service has declined. In the room I could only get intermittent internet service. The TV could only get 2channels. The AC kept the room at 74 degrees and could not keep up in the afternoons. The bed was less than comfortable and very small! The new shower is great but the room is not comfortable!

Room Tip: Get a King size bed and a room away from the afternoon sun.
Green Features: Ok at best. Doesn't matter when you are not comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We are very apologetic that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We do not like hearing that we fell short on delivering on your expectations, your experience is certainly unacceptable and not the hospitality we are known for. We appreciate your comments; it helps us improve upon our services.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton in Greensboro for a conference. The room was very clean. The bathroom has an open shower with a partial glass partition and no door which was difficult to adjust to but it was nice once I got the hang of it. The rain shower head was lovely. There really wasn't much space to put things in the shower and if you shave your legs it was kind of dark and you had to do a balancing act to make sure you did not fall over since there is nothing to brace yourself on but I managed to get it done without a major incident. The bed was soft and comfy. The room service was good and quick. I did not see a thermostat in the room and it did get a bit warm but I probably walked right past it and did not notice. The stores and dining areas in the hotel are nice but a bit pricey. You can walk from the hotel to the mall though and that was nice since the weather turned out colder than expected and I needed additional clothing. The only issue I had was that the conference rooms were freezing and the store in the hotel did not sell lap blankets but I was able to find something to keep me warm. Overall a great stay and I will be happy to return if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments in reference to your stay. We are delighted that we met your expectations, and you had a satisfying stay, and look forward to connecting again in the future for any of your hospitality needs.

Been to Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons? Share your experiences!