“One of my favorites” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Josephine's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual Fine Dining for every palate. Locally owned providing local farm to table ingredients.
north carolina
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love Josephines. I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed in the food.
My only complaint is that sometimes the service is not great. The wine list is also pretty limited, but what they have is good, although pretty pricey.
I love that they have small portions of some of the entrees, and wish they had more of these.
I also wish they had mini desserts, but who needs dessert anyway?
They always have specials which are always good, but they do run out of these quite often.
I love the comfortable atmosphere and the creative food and will continue to come often.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Abbeville, LA
“Great place for dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were passing thru Greensboro, visiting with friends. Our friend suggested this restaurant. Two of us had the crab cakes and one had the Salmon... they were all great. Our waitress was so attentive and we were never in want of anything. It was a little pricey but good value.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
north carolina
“Very good upscale restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I consider myself a Foodie and, unfortunately, there are not very many restaurants in Greensboro, fit for a Foodie. But this is one! The inside decor is comfortable grays and blacks with banquettes and outside there is a little space, short on atmosphere, but nice nonetheless. But you come for the food, and it is outstanding. They are known for their Flatbread appetizers, which change daily according to the season, and are outstanding. We had small plates for our mains, and they were quite sufficient. The seafood (scallops, tuna, crab crakes) were all prepared perfectly, and came with interesting accents. Desserts were very good too. We've eaten here a number of times and have always had excellent service. The wine list is not too extensive, but we had a nice wine each time we came. I think it is funny that the owners of the restaurant also own a sandwich shop, Lindley Park Filling Station, near UNCG, that is very popular. I would love to see the owners ramp up Lindley Park to offer unique and interesting sandwiches like the unique food they offer at Josephine's. My day would be complete!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fun date night dinner in Greensboro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Josephine's is a fun place to go for dinner. With exceptional service and a creative menu, each visit is a new experience. My wife and I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine from a decent wine list. We had the bean soup appetizer which was surprisingly spicy but delicious. Our entree's included the Scallops and a Salmon and Lobster Cake Sandwich. The Scallops were cooked to perfection. The Salmon Cake was good but had too much going on with a chutney that overpowered any flavor from the cake. This was too bad and is the exception from the previous visits. The atmosphere is fun and we will definitely go again as it is a fun place to have a great meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

the grouper was excellent... a bit pricey at $30, but good food.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Visited June 2013