“Pricey But Worth It” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian
Jamestown, NC
“Pricey But Worth It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I eat there at least once a month. At $7.95 per pound or $18.95 for all-you-can eat, we find that the per-pound price usually gets us out a little cheaper even when we have more than one plate. I think the price must reflect the costly overhead of the location. If you really want to save $2-$5 per visit, go to their web site and download their coupon. If, however, all you are concerned about is filling yourself up to uncomfortable status, there is a $10 national-chain buffet in the same area. Not withstanding the fact that dinner usually runs us $30-$35, with tip, it is a good experience and the food is rarely disappointing. Yes, we have experienced a trip there when the food has been under the lamps a little too long and been dry so we've learned to avoid those and stick with the items that appear to be fresh. My wife is crazy over the sauteed greens and the avocado dressing on the salad bar. The black beans with sausage are great. One of my favorites is the roasted pork but my new favorite is the spinach stuffed flounder. Beware of the house-made hot sauce!!!! I am a huge fan of Sriracha and use it all the time on almost everything. Monezi's home made hot sauce makes Sriracha taste like Texas Pete. Tread lightly (two drops) but give it a try with the black beans. Being that I live a low-carb lifestyle and my wife living gluten-free we have not sampled their desserts but if we did, I'd say - get a small dinner at the per-pound price and save room for dessert.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great people great food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Want a place that you pay by the pound and pick waht you want to eat? This is it? A lower cost version of the Brazilian steakhouse. This is a buffet style wiith a wide variety of salads and hot food. They do rotate out the main dishes throughout the week. This is wonderful for repeat customers as we are -we go here at least once a week. The sweets are out of this world. The owners are the most service oriented people and love feedback. They are open for lunch and dinner. Food travels well for takeout orders too!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Might have been a bad day for the food or a late lunch, but the rice was dry and crunchy, I had never eaten in this kind of buffet, nothing was explained about how it worked, I was told to grab a seat and a few minutes later a busboy came over and asked me what I wanted to drink. I had to ask somone what to do , I was told buffet was by the pound, no one said you could pay a set price, nothing on tables or menus to explain. Put a few small items on my plate one plantain, a spoon of rice one small slice of pork and one small slice of very tough beef and a two spoons of squash and the price was 10.00 without drink.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Lots of Scrumptious Selections!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am not a fan of buffets at all but I have enjoyed dinner at Monesi's many times. Although they have a large selection of tasty choices, I tend to stick with my favs including the plantains, polenta, brazilian collards, and their fish selection which comes with a sauce. I was disappointed that they did not have the calamari salad on the salad bar. I love that dish. I suggest paying by weight rather than the "all you can eat" option. One can be fulfilled at half the cost. They have very reasonably priced wines, as well. My final suggestion is to go early in the evening when the buffet display is at its best. I don't like it when they mix freshly prepared dishes with what has been sitting for an undetermined amount of time. Monesi's has a beautiful selection of delectable cakes, cupcakes and other pastries with which to end the meal or take away. The flavors of this cuisine and this restaurant are ones to try.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro
“Not impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were told about this bc I am Hispanic & she thought I'd enjoy it. Not the case. It's pretty pricey & the food was not good. The steak & pork was tough & fatty. There only 2 really good items. Chicken & a beef dish. Other than that we just were not impressed. It's a ok place but the food is only ok. I will not go back. We were told while there by a customer that the desserts were delicious and even though they looked good we weren't about to pay more money for them. If you want to try something new go but don't say I didn't warn you.

• Visited September 2013