“Weekly traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Weekly traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I come to Greensboro twice a week for the past year an its always a pleasure. The customer service is over and beyound professionalism. The front desk staff, Victor always has everything ready for me. Damita is always professional and has a great smile. By far its the greatest experience I have while traveling.

R Davis

Room Tip: The Suites are spaces and comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CNHotels, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We thank you for your continued business and support. We take our job of home away from home very seriously. Whether your travels are one night or 20, we will do our utmost to provide a quality product and quality service to enhance a mutual benefit.

Thanks again,

Chris Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My work requires traveling, in four states, one being North Carolina. Whenever I am in the Greensboro area I always book my room @ the Comfort Inn. The rooms are average, clean. What draws me to stay there is the service. One person in particular, at the front desk, Victor. Victor always extends a warm welcome when I arrive. He excels in all areas of customer service! When you travel as much as I do, it's nice to be able to recognize someone who actually does their job with a smile.

C.G.
Raleigh

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I take the business trip in east cost eara every two weeks ,so I have stayed at many hotels .I would like to share my exprience of my stay at this good hotel.
1,good front dest staff ,(like a friend)
2,clean room
3,reasonable room rate
4,easy to find every thing in this eara.

Room Tip: Most friendly hotel which I stayed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wheatfield, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very nice hotel, a lot of places for many needs surrounding the area. Do not use the suggestion book for places to eat. We tried Shooters Sports Bar and it was awful. The service there was terrible, the food was the worst and the staff were rude and uncaring. Would not ever suggest that place to anyone.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, do not go by the choices of places to eat in their suggestion book. Shooters Sport...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
comfort1103, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Unfortunately, yes Shooters is a pool hall that only serves bar food. However they are one of our partners for entertainment in the city. Our suggestion book offers a range of places to go from places like Shooters to upscale restaurants. The front desk is also very knowledgable about the local flavor and is always willing to point you where your tastebuds desire. I am glad, though, that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of the staff. When you return to town, allow them to send you to some of their favorite spots and I assure you that you won't be disappointed.
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed with Comfort Inn back in March 2012 with our lacrosse team but they did not charge our credit card till June. This was a huge incontinence as we are on a planned budget and because the charge was filed so late the money had to be taken out of the next years budget and we do not have the money to cover a hotel stay from LAST year in addition to the hotel stays we will need to make this year.

It is completely unacceptable for an establishment to wait four months before charging a credit card and completely insensitive to the needs of an athletic team who are on a planned budget. I would recommend finding a hotel with a more professional way of handling the business aspect of your stay if you are traveling with your team.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for the mix up with your charges. Of course we would never intentionally be insesitive to the needs of people and groups that are on a budget. It appears the charges got held up in the processor and weren't discovered until June. Not that is helps the situation you guys are in but I wanted you to know that we always handle the financials here professionally. I wish I had know this sooner that I could have tried to help in some way. I hope you guys will choose us again should you return to Greensboro and I will personally take care of your team.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, checking out yesterday. I have stayed with the Choice Hotel Network more than 30 times this year. This hotel is the second worst I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly and were the positive of my stay. My complaints are few but significant.
1. The a/c unit was loud and out-dated. It didn't run on a thermostat. It was 85 degrees in Greensboro, and I was on the 4th floor, so I had it on all day while I was gone to keep the room cool. The problem is that my clothes in the room ended up damp and the room didn't get that cool.
2. The bathroom didn't look clean and there were cracks in the tile and other things.
3. The vending machines only take quarters! I don't remember the last time I saw vending machines which didn't take bills. When I wanted a soda, the desk didn't have quarters.
4. The computers for patrons don't print. I wanted to print my boarding passes, but would have had to e-mail them from my personal account to the hotel for staff to print. Not only is that a hassle, but I don't like to give out my e-mail to people.
5. There was a constant smell on the fourth floor. I don't know what it was, and it wasn't necessarily bad, but it was overwhelming. Perhaps too much rug cleaner or something.
6. The internet didn't stay connected. I can't remember the last time I had such trouble with the internet. I would try to get e-mail and I'd get a message that "connection to the server failed". I also tried to watch some programs on HULU and it just kept freezing up so I couldn't watch a show.
7. The cable was good until Saturday night, when it went crazy for about an hour.
8. Not all floors have ice machines or vending machines. So, you have to sort of run around looking for them. My floor had soda machine but no ice machine. First floor had ice machine but no soda machine.

Not all was bad. Here are some positives:
1. Very friendly staff, even apologetic when didn't have coins for vending.
2. The workout room was very nice with a universal machine with weights in addition to usual cardio machines.
3. The breakfast was good, and they had Jimmy Dean sandwiches you could microwave in addition to regular eggs and stuff. No Biscuits and gravy, which is my favorite...

Overall the room worked for me, but it was not what I was used to from the Choice Network of hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Although I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, I am very greatful for your feedback so that we can improve the property. There are definitely some areas in your response that need to be addressed immediately. I hope that you will stay with us again so that you can see these improvements.
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here one night during an extended work week. I called ahead to see if i would have room to park my rig, and the staff actually walked outside to check. I thought that was really nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nicely equipped, two double beds and a large flat screen. I thought the bathroom was a little small, but everything worked well with good water pressure in the shower. Really good breakfast with bacon and real eggs. This used to be a Best Western, i think, vut the management and staff here do a great job. Nothing bad to say.

Room Tip: 5th floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feeback!! It is the pleasure of the front desk staff to accomodate all the guests that stay with us and yes we do typically have parking for big rigs. There is at least one truck or bus here every night. Also, I am glad you enjoyed our new breakfast! We just switched to the "hot" breakfast recently and it has gone over quite nicely with the guests.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!