“Great service and good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis Street
Description: Table 16 Restaurant has a seasonal approach to menu development. The concept & philosophy of globally influenced, New World Cuisine was derived from the extensive exposure gathered by chef/owner Graham Heaton during his travels & training. It is a style of food that incorporates tremendously flavorful spices, chilies, grains & sustainable seafood & at Table 16 is dedicated to sourcing and supporting the state's vast pool of edible & delicious products, from local game, dairy & produce-turning them into magic for the mouth and sustenance for the belly. The restaurant is avant-garde and strives to keep the experience different for each visit while remaining accessible & affordable. Table 16 Restaurant produces daily a style of food and experience that cannot be found elsewhere in the Triad including weekly specials including a $30 garden prix fixe special on Tuesdays, $30 Surf and Turf & Prime Rib specials for on Wednesdays & $35 four-course chef's tastings on Thursdays. There are features on adult beverages each week to complement each dinner special-from $8 top shelf martinis, to reverse no corkage fee night which offers guests $15 off any bottle over $60.In the quest to be the Triad's favorite spot to frequent, a brand new bar menu was launched in 2014 offering mouth-watering flavors in the comfort of the newly renovated bar. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a quick, informal & inexpensive bite to eat & your favorite drink before a show, night on the town or just before heading home for the evening.Want the full Table 16 experience? Spend the evening at Table 16 and have a chef's tasting menu us, an approximately two-hour culinary journey-beginning with lighter fare and concluding with dessert-all customized to your dietary restrictions.We are happy to craft meals for vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diners, pescatarians and those with food allergies & other dietary restrictions.Hosting private luncheons & dinners, catering celebrations, participating in multiple charities, supporting several non-profits, and generally spreading good nature by providing a cheerful and most enjoyable dining experience, Table 16, now in its seventh year of business, is an anchor in the community with its unique vision for creating haute cuisine that balances elegance and value.Google Table16 and you will find that the restaurant has been rated 5 stars by local food critics three times in the past few years and has an abundance of rave reviews explaining why it has become so popular with the Triad's residents.Chef's BioGraham Heaton is the chef/owner at Table 16 Restaurant, located at 600 South Elm Street, in the heart of downtown Greensboro. "I am not a Greensboro born and bred chef. I have traveled extensively and chosen the concept here at Table 16 Restaurant from my time spent as a chef in the cities of Miami and New Orleans and from the style of food so abundantly found there. I have worked for two James Beard award-winning chefs, two others who have had the opportunity to put on dinners at the Beard House, and one who won the distinction of Iron Chef America. I have been employed in five different Mobile rated 4-diamond/4-star properties throughout the state of North Carolina and the South East.""I am a 38-years-old father of 3 children, and originally a native of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I moved to Greensboro 8 years ago to finally hang my hat, to start my business and to raise my family. I have grown to call this city my home and its inhabitants my friends. In return it has shown me much love and support. It is a privilege for me to find myself here, as a teacher, employer, family man, artist and business owner. "
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great service and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went here to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We were dressed up but most people were not, which is disappointing. Our waiter, Daniel did an excellent job! I had the Mahi and my husband had the steak(not sure of the cut). My fish was good, but his steak was great!!! It was rather pricey. I had a few good martini's. We did not order dessert.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greensboro, NC
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Summer menu is outstanding. Every entree tempting. Desserts to die for. Attentive personalized service. The complete dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“A 5 Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I consider myself a foodie but that can be difficult with dietary restrictions. It was always a dream to be able to visit a 5 star restaurant and be able to tell the chef what I can and cannot eat. This is the place to do that. We had an 8 course pescatarian focused meal and it was the single best eating experience I have had to date. Worth the money spent.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food but service sufferers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a small restaurant in Greensboro, NC. The food was excellent. The vichyssoise soup was great as was the duck sausage appetizer.

We had Arctic char which for me was quite good. It was said that it was a light fish but it was closer to salmon which was not so appealing to one of our diners.

Interesting was that when we inquired about what was in one of the sides, the wait staff had to ask the chef/owner who reported that he did not know and had to look it up. A bit surprising for the head chef.

Wait staff were very nice but not particularly knowledgeable about the menu items. They need more training for this level and expense of restaurant. We were told it was a new menu to justify the lack of understanding but they should be trained on it in advance.

Wine bottle prices were surprisingly reasonable. After tasting a glass of wine we were not asked to taste a new bottle however. A simple normal procedure but again they were not experienced or properly trained for the quality of restaurant.

Overall we enjoyed it and would rate this higher due to the food but part of the experience is the knowledge and skilled service which was lacking.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Worst Wine Tasting Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We attended a wine and mingle event advertised to feature 4 rose wines and appetizers for $15. Although we arrived at the starting point, 6 p.m., we were seated and no one attended to us except for a glass of water and when we inquired....at 6:30 p.m.....we were told they were waiting to see if others came. I mean we were left totally on our own outdoors with no indication of what would be happening or when.

Eventually, the wine rep came and started. Two "sips" of wine were served instead of 4. The appetizers featured a meat which was laid across fried green tomatoes and a risotto cake -- even though one in the party was a vegetarian.....and there were no options. The second was a dessert and one was removed untouched as desert was not what was wanted, what matched with the wine, nor was it an appetizer. And, again, in one hour and 15 minutes only two sips of two wines were served. When we pointed out that was not what was advertised, the waiter said that was all that was there. And it was a tip situation since it was served and appetizers were not laid out.

We went subsequently to another place downtown and consumed a bottle of wine and were given appetizers for the same price and it was far superior. This event was poorly planned, did not conform to what was promised, and was singularly the worst wine tasting I have ever experienced and I have been to tastings around the world. What we were given could have been accomplished in less than 20 minutes and we were clearly not valued as customers as it was not important to respect our time or our attendance. I am still baffled how they could charge $16 for this fiasco and then expect us each to tip a waiter who was totally uninformed about the event. Not only did it turn me away from any future tastings, but it also made me certain that I will not give this place my business in the future as they clearly have no desire to serve appropriately.

Visited May 2014