“Hit or Miss - DON'T ORDER STEAK” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Hit or Miss - DON'T ORDER STEAK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

First time at a Fatz and since I had a great Salmon dinner one night and so I went back the next to try out the steak. I wish I hadn't. I ordered a large sirloin steak medium rare. It arrived raw - not rare, but RAW. It was purple and red in the middle and I think it even moved when I cut into it. I sent it back and asked nicely that we try for medium instead of medium rare. The steak returned to me, but was now rare. I politely told the staff that I would not accept the steak back a third time and that we needed to start over. Thirty minutes went by. I was then served a properly cooked steak. The staff was nice enough to comp my meal, but I left payment in the form of a tip for the wait staff as what happened in the kitchen was not their fault. What was really shocking is that the manager NEVER came to say he/she was sorry or anything. Another neighboring patron who witnessed all of this made the same remark and even complimented me on how I handled the situation. I may go back to Fatz, but if I do I will never order the steak again. Good luck.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We are sorry to hear that it took three attempts and 30 minutes to cook your steak to order and that the manager did not stop by your table. We agree this is unacceptable, and that it does not live up to the high standards we expect of our team. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback as we can’t get better without it.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Like Old Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ate here 24 May 2013 for dinner. Had not been to one in over 10 years only because I really have not seen them in the places I have been. The family wanted to try something different so I told them the last time I had been to one the food was good to me. So we went and everyone enjoyed their dishes. The restaurant was across from our hotel which worked out great. The property on the outside was nicely done. The inside could use a little updating. The staff was the happy go lucky type. But the bathrooms could use a lot of updating and cleaning. Since I know I would not be able to remember everyone’s dish, I took pictures instead. Overall everyone was satisfied with their dishes. Would eat again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Casual, friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my meal. There was some misunderstanding of what I ordered. When the order was brought out and not what I thought I ordered, it was immediately corrected along with apologies (even if the mistake might have been mine). The flounder sandwich was delicious. The dinner was served with 2 small sweet yeast rolls and flavored butter. They were exceptional! Great and friendly service and great experience!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, TX
“First time, very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have seen these around the area but never stopped to eat at one, but the person I was traveling with said they were really good, so we went to this one for dinner. Service was good, food was really good, I was surprised as it was more upscale then I expected from the name, would go back again.

Visited April 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was the most enjoyable part (besides spending time with my fiance) of my Valentine's Day weekend. The service and the quality of the food was great! I love the atmosphere in this restuarant.

Visited February 2013