“Tried to support -- not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Oak Ridge
“Tried to support -- not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I tried to support Southern chains, but this restaurant makes it hard. Poor service (table by the restrooms when the entire dining area awas open with NO patrons), poor service (totally forgot to bring my wife's drink) and marginal cleanliness (brought us to a table that was not wiped off) combined to a marginal dining experience. The only high point was the hamburger I ordered was cooked perfectly. Other than that, it was marginal at best. With so many choices in the area, I will not return here. Get your act together.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We are sorry to hear about the poor service and cleanliness issues you experienced. At FATZ, we are dedicated to hospitality and to providing you with a great meal experience, and we regret we let you down. We take your feedback seriously and will share it with the team.

Ironton, Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Awesome place to eat for sure great service and great food. I have no complaints at all about this place give it a try.

Visited November 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good Food, Good Service, Low Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am absolutely in love with this restaurant!!! The food is so good and well seasoned. I can't think of the waitress's name, but I always seem to get her when I come to the restaurant. She is very polite and friendly, and is very knowledgeble of the menu, she will make your experience at the restaurant very pleasant. If you ever want something to eat in Greensboro, please go to FATZ!!! I recommend EVERYTHING on the menu, especially the peach cobbler for dessert...I will be returning soon!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing Wrong with this Eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wife and I both ordered Soup of the Day and a Caesar Salad. Soup was loaded baked potato soup. Ahh, sooo good. It had a thick creamy texture. Loved it. We intended to get the side salad, but the full salad was delivered. Even then, the total bil for the two of us came to only $17.00.

Our waitress was doting, refilling readily our hot soft roll basket with soft cinnamon butter.

Service was fast for a sit down restaurant. Ice water with lemon was served.

Fatz is conviently located in hotel/restaurant district.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kitchener, Canada
“Yummy and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed our dinner at Fatz! As a true fried chicken lover, my husband raved about the all-you-can-eat Calabash chicken. We have never travelled to the south before, so the waitress and manager were both very friendly and accommodating with my questions about fried green tomatoes and grits. Both of which were excellent by the way!! We will gladly eat here again, and will try other locations of this restaurant when possible.

• Visited September 2012