“Nice jacuzzi suite” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Nice jacuzzi suite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We did enjoy clean suite with jacuzzi in room, nice TV, comfy bed, and newer furnishings. The knowledge and service of staff was definitely lacking though. Upon arrival, waited in line about 30 minutes to check in...only 1 "new girl" on staff on a Friday night. At 11pm our first night, we discovered our shower was broke. Getting front desk to let us take shower in another room that night was like pulling teeth! An accommodating staff would not have argued with us over the phone for 15 minutes explaining that it would cause their housekeeping have to clean another room. Breakfast food and service definitely lacking..horrible coffee, rotten fruit, messy/dirty counter, and didn't replenish food well. Would recommend bringing eye mask as drapes don't close, street light shined VERY bright in room all night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We could not have asked for a more comfortable hotel. The room was spacious, excellent bedding, great linens, wonderful housekeeping staff, good breakfast and extremely clean. I think I have run out of adjectives!

It is a little difficult to find as it is tucked behind a shading looking Days Inn. But once there the grounds and hotel look fine. The hotel is very sound proof as we were close to the elevator and ice machine but did not hear either. We never heard anyone in the hall ways or traffic. The only sound we ever heard was the toilet in the next room flushing as these toilets make a horrific sound! More like a vacuum than a flush!

Our stay was almost perfect. The only down side was the limited breakfast. They did serve several different types of danishes, cereal, and muffins. One morning they had a powered egg omelet and a microwaved tasting sausage, but that was about all. The staff kept the area very clean and stocked and was pleasant to speak with each morning.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if they are a government employee, the rate is quite good. I'm not sure I would stay here with the regular though as it is quite expensive. I was here during the ACC Basketball Tournament and that may have made the rates higher. Regular rate was close to two hundred a night and the government rate was one hundred. Quite a big difference.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

On our way to the University of NC for an ACC Championship, my husband and I stopped off at the Comfort Suites on Isler Street. We stayed in a double suite for one night and we were very satisfied with our stay. The room was clean, beds were very comfortable, newer hotel, breakfast was satisfactory, and price was right! We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I was very impressed with this hotel. My company was paying, and made us stay at a "cheap" place. I usuually prefer Hilton brand hotels, but had read good things about this hotel, and found a coupon in the Travel Guide for $69.00 per night. So ok, we tried it out. I couldn't have been more pleased. My room was clean and spacious, with two queen size beds, a HUGE TV, pull out sofa, nice bathroom, and beautiful view of the forest. I found it very peaceful, and it was an easy drive to my meetings. The business center's air wan't working when I was there, and the attitude of the staff left a little to be desired, but overall, I enjoyed my stay. Very good value for my money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Spent 1 night using traveler's coupon. Paid only $80 plus tax for a 2 Queen suite. The hotel is not easy to find, because it is hidden behind the Days Inn (you have to drive through the Days Inn to get to the hotel). The hotel is very close to a large shopping mall and the Convention Center.
This hotel is amazing all-around. Friendly, very helpful staff; beautiful lobby and breakfast area; separate VERY LARGE business room with 2 computers and printers; nice indoor pool and hot tub (although hot tub was closed during our stay, and the water in the pool was too cold to get in). The room was fantastic - very large and luxurious with very comfortable queen-sized beds and pillows, pull-out sofa, huge flat-screen TV with loads of channels, microwave and fridge, large bathroom with granite, and the window had a nice view of the woods behind the hotel (instead of your typical view of the parking lot).
The hotel is still fairly new (and it shows) and very tastefully decorated. It has been the best Comfort Suites that I have stayed at in a very long time.
Breakfast was good/average, although I found it odd that the "hot item" that morning was bacon strips - no biscuits, no eggs to accompany them. But no other complaints.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
bossman4444
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I stayed in Greensboro for 10 nights and really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms are very nice, over 200 channels and on demand hbo( thats awesowe). The breakfast is good with two choices of eggs, a meat , and a waffle maker. This hotel has the fastest wireless internet I have ever used.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Irvine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I work for a travel company partnered with the choice hotels, we stayed at this Comfort Suites for 1 week for business and I had the worst experience ever staying at a hotel. After the first day I experienced extreme itching up and down both of my legs, and big red bite marks. It was horrific. I asked to change my room and they had a huge attitude about it and I told them look at my leg I was bitten in your hotel. The front desk clerk said you must have brought in a disease that’s the kind of guest we get here. What the [--]. Could not believe how rude this hotel was. Also my doctor diagnosed the bites and said the most likely cooperate was a BED BUG. How discussing is that. Beware of this place!

Respectfully,

Concerned

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Greensboro? Share your experiences!