“Great food, service..not so much” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 785 Restaurants in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Hamburgers, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great food, service..not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have loved coming for lunch and Sunday brunch LPFS for a couple years. They have a very unique menu, full of yummy sandwiches and salads. I normally always get the Brice Street if I go for lunch and for brunch I get the eggs benedict with bacon. A friend and I went yesterday for brunch and service was slack and slower than usual. Food was a little iffy, but the bloody marys are delish. The service hasnt always been this bad so I think possibly a couple new employees are to blame..not sure though.

• Visited August 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wish I could say it was still one of my favorites...SERVICE IS RUDE!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Well where to start? My husband and I used to be regulars, like at least 3-5 times a month for lunch however after rude service we had slacked off going. Today I called to place a to go order and was greeted with the rudest service to date. So bad I actually called back and cancelled my order and speak to a manager. When the guy answered and I said I wanted to cancel he hung up without letting me say anything further. Sad because the service and food used to be amazing...not sure what has happened but I doubt I will consider it again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Another one of those local, neighborhood gems we'd neglected for a while - so this became our lunch spot today. This is very small, cool, kinda funky place in the Walker Avenue neighborhood where I spent my early teenage years.

A lot of the salad and sandwich choices are named for streets in a 2 or 3 block radius. This place was a filling station, as was the place across the street that now houses a pizza restaurant, and just across the street, down further, is Emma Kay's, which was Raynor's Barber Shop in the 50's & 60's.

This is a soup, salad, and specialty sandwich place, with some interesting choices, and some interesting takes on a few traditional items. For example, they offer an open-faced pulled pork sandwich melt (The Wright Avenue) - yeap, swiss cheese on pig. It is served on Texas Toast with slaw, and goes for $8.95 with a side. While it will not replace traditional NC style barbecue, at least for me, this is a nice change of pace, with some heat in the meat, and some zip to the slaw. The cheese didn't add anything for my taste.

The Corner ($4.25) is an all beef wiener in a dense, crusty bun, and comes with chipotle ketchup, red onion, and sweet relish. I ordered it because I eat hot dogs - once was quite enough. It does come with a side, so there is some value here. I tried their Pasta Salad, and it is very nice. They also have a Sausage Dog - which is a better choice, I think.

The Park Sampler ($8.95) is a choice of 3 salads from Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, Rosemary Chicken Salad, Black Bean Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper HummusNew Bliss Potato Salad, Garden Salad, and the aforementioned, Pasta Salad.

The Egg Salad is exceptional - loaded with great flavor, and nice chunks of egg white. The Chicken Salad is also very good, and rather different - with bits of chopped green and red pepper, and a mild rosemary taste. The Tuna Salad is equally good.

Some interesting, eclectic food choices in this tiny place - 6 bar seats, and about the same number of small tables. Service is generally good, but things can get hectic at peak times, and brunch on Sunday. Ownership is same as Josephine's a couple of blocks over on Spring Garden

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“David Nance rocks the kitchen!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great mushroom burger cooked perfectly and super tasty potato salad! Loved every bite! I will stop here every time I am in town!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great place for a drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped by Lindley Park for a quick drink outside on the patio. Great atmosphere and very friendly service.

• Visited June 2014