“Hard to find but worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
50% off 3rd Night
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Dallas Texas
“Hard to find but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The only difficulty is in getting there off I-40. The rooms were large, quiet and comfortable. I would prefer 2 TVs (one by couch one by bed) but instead it had one you had to rotate. Being alone this made no difference. But if my wife were here I would want Monday night football and she something else

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hyatt Place seems to follow the same blueprint, for building and management. The hotel must have an outline on specific breakfast items, as they are the same at all the hotels I have stayed at. The hotel is located off the interstate, but the local road on which the hotel is situated can be sneakily forgotten easily.

The rooms are similar, although little things could be improved.

-Actually freshen up the L shaped couch, so they do not smell like yesterday
-Include a bathroom fan
-Offer breakfast items that are not composed of 3 food groups, but singular (maybe everyone does not want to each cheese on their egg, which is hooked to a english muffin or bagel).

This location is near several local restaurants, within walking distance is a Japanese Steakhouse (sobuto), Jimmy Johns. Within driving distance, Tripps, TGIFriday's, Subway.

The pool is located outside, no hot tub.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here with my twins 15 on the night of July 7th, the night before the boys started camp at Victory Junction. It was a Saturday night and I found the price good and location good as well. I like staying at Hyatt Place's in general as I can get 2 beds and a pull out couch and the boys like the free internet and the big TV.

I sww that some revieweres complained about the rooms being older, but I guess our room must have been on of the updated ones as everything was in good shape, clean and the bathroom was great.

The location for us was good as it was just off the highway and a short distance to places to eat and stores so we could pick up some last minute items the boys forgot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here for a long business stay. To be honest it'd prob be ok for 1 or 2 nights, but for a longer stay you start to notice things a little more! The rooms are quite spacious with good size bed and large sofa area (which can pull down into another double bed). But the rooms have a really musty smell and the road noise is quite noticiable (next to the freeway). Also the service isn't quite as good as some other places. (Being a Marriot member this is quite noticable!)
The pool is cold (even on nice warm sunny days), and the fitness centre is really quite a poor effort (2 treadmills and 1 bike. Not even any free weights). So this place is good for 1 or 2 nights if you are on a tight budget (wifi & breakfast are included). But for longer stays I'd recommend elsewhere! I'm moving across the road to the Marriott Courtyard!

Room Tip: Most rooms are the same, but maybe if you choose a front facing room (away from the freeway at the b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lenoir, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I resently traveled with three 11 year old girls to see a professional softball game in Raleigh. The night before we left I booked a room with the Hyatt Place in Greensboro, NC. Having stayed at many Hyatts this year I felt comfortable with my room choice. I paid $134 non-refundable rate to make my reservation. When I arrived with three sleepy little girls, I was told that the room I had pre-paid for had a plumbing issue and that they could not rent the room to me. Instead they were going to send me to another Hotel and they would pay for it. I asked how they thought they were paying for it if they already took my $134. I was told that I could either take the other room or they would refund my money. I was so angry at this point that I told them I would just take my money back. I put the girls back in the car and drove 3/12 hrs in the pouring rain home. The next day, still angry over my ordeal, I called back to the Hyatt Place in Greensboro and asked to speak to the manager. I was told I could not speak to the manager, and was asked if they could help me. I told the gentlemen what had happened and he said, we are sorry, but we had some folks not check out when they were suppose to. I then explained that I was told it was a plumbing issue. They knew nothing about a plumbing issue and again all we can say is sorry. Well all I can say is 'NEVER TRUST A PAID RESERVATION AT HYATT PLACE IN GREENSBORO"!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotels. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. The location was very simple to get to off the freeway. There was quite of few restaurants around this hotel and some of them is within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Brentwood , TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not sure what others were complaining about as my room, which was really a suite with mini fridge and bar area, was completely remodeled. Granite countertops, huge flat screen TV, desk and pull out sectional were all in excellent shape. Nice pool with lots of restaurants and stores in walking distance--or you can take the free shuttle anywhere within a mile or two. I was here for ten days on business and each day the breakfast staff offered at least 2 new ( of 3 total) hot items plus different cold items. While I was here there was fresh cut up mixed fruit plus the usual apples and bananas along with the sad looking fruit topping the previous poster mentioned. The staff was always prompt, friendly and helpful. This was my first time at a Hyatt Place but it won't be my last.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Greensboro? Share your experiences!