I have an employee who's staying at Hawthorn in Greensboro several nights a week for several months. The travel is wearisome, but he likes the hotel, and he *really* loves that they have waffles for breakfast. His only complaint (made partly in jest) is that they only have margarine, not real butter.
This guy is doing a great job, and this business travel is really hard on him and his family, so I called the hotel to see if I could pay someone to deliver a pound of butter to his room. Well, Jennifer and Kathy (both managers there) hopped right on it! They understood that it’s the little things that make a big difference, and they assured me that they’ll have butter for him when he shows up on Monday. (And they wouldn't even let me pay for it.)
A big yay to Jennifer and Kathy! What an *awesome* example of customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL NEW --- $2 MILLION RENOVATION COMPLETE AS OF OCTOBER 2013!Come experience the first all suites hotel of its kind in the Triad, the brand new Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - Greensboro. Our richly appointed suites make the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Every suite offers a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, stove top/range, and dishwasher, plus brand new Simmons Beautyrest bedding and Samsung HDTVs. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk with complimentary HSIA, or utilize our state of the art business center. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls and two separate phone lines. Hungry? Enjoy a delicious, hot breakfast buffet each morning on the house, or visit our on-site convenience store open around the clock. Work off some stress in our 24 hour Fitness Center, or take advantage of our free guest membership to The Rush Fitness Complex. Staying a while? You can still pack light and rely on our on-site complimentary laundry facility. And don't leave your best friend at home...we are pet friendly,too (fees apply). Conveniently located off I-40/Hwy 421 at Exit 210, just 3 miles south of the Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO/PTI) in the Deep River Office area, and easily accessible to I-85 and I-73. High Point University, Four Seasons Mall, Celebration Station, the Greensboro Coliseum Complex and a wide variety of restaurants are just minutes away, as well as close proximity to Castle McCulloch, Emerald Pointe Wet-N-Wild and local companies including: RF Micro Devices, FedEx, Volvo, Honda Jet, and many others! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Greensboro
- Candlewood Greensboro
- Greensboro Candlewood Suites