“Cheap. That's the only perk.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Greensboro Coliseum

You added Super 8 Greensboro Coliseum to your Saves list
Super 8 Greensboro Coliseum
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2108 W. Meadowview Road, I-40 exit 217, Greensboro, NC 27403-3617   |
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Cheap. That's the only perk.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed in many low-budget motels, including many along the lines of a Knights Inn or a Motel 6, as well as hotels that are in the 4-star range, and I can confidently say that this motel was in the bottom of all of them. I've had great experiences in Super 8 motels in the past that would easily compare to some of the better hotels I've stayed in, this was not one of them.

I'll note that this one is (as signs all over the lobby tell you) independently owned, boasting this with the architectural drawings of it's conception from the architect that designed the place. An architect who should scrub it from their portfolio.

OK stay if you're there for an event and want to keep things on the cheap. If you're looking for anything more than that, keep looking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheila P, Manager at Super 8 Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a guest review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 336-855-8888.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Candler, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Read some pretty bad reviews for this hotel but I was traveling alone for an event at the coliseum and it was one of the cheapest hotels in town, so I decided to take a chance. I have to admit I didn't get a good feeling when I pulled into the parking lot. It did look a little run down and didn't seem to be in the best part of town. The lady at the front desk did allow me to check in a couple of hours early so I could settle in before having to be at the coliseum which was nice. The room was not impressive. There was some paint chipping off the walls and I noticed some cracks in the walls in the bathroom, but it was clean (no sign of bugs, dirt, etc.) and I did have a refrigerator, tv, and hot water (no iron in the room though, this was a problem but something that was my fault for not checking in advance). Overall it was a decent experience. I was warm and comfortable and clean. This hotel served it's purpose and I feel like I got what I paid for. I was looking for a clean bargain room that I knew I would not spend much time in. It was very close to several restaurants and I could take the back way to the coliseum and be there in less than five minutes. If you are looking for a nicer hotel with some more amenities then I would suggest crossing back under the I-40 bridge and finding something there. But this hotel is good for what it is; a good place to sleep and shower without spending a lot of money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Greensboro Coliseum? Share your experiences!