“Old hotel, Rude Staff, Okay Location” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Florida
“Old hotel, Rude Staff, Okay Location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion is that the location is close to everything. Other than that, I would say go somewhere else! The person working who "helped" us, Tania (or something similar) was extremely rude to myself and my family. It was clear she hated her job and the rest of the staff we encountered that day were equally unpleasant. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, I do not know. The rooms were normal sized, you can tell they were recently painted, but our room had trash in it. There was a lot of ourside noise and some very scary people lurking around at night. If you're in the market for a cheap hotel, this is your place. but if you want friendly service and CLEAN rooms, look elsewhere. You get what you pay for.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RAHEJA, Manager, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Hotel has been completely renovated August 2009. Everything from the beds,furniture,silk drapes, bedding, Ref, microwave,and flat screens all are brand new. All the rooms are brand new.

We have worked very hard and renovated the hotel and made it a beautiful place for our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

This hotel is under new ownership and has been totally updated. The property is older but the rooms have all new furnishings and all the amenities complete with fridge, microwave, 4 cup coffee maker, flat panel tv and free wireless internet. Upon arival, I was a little skeptical because of the age of the outside of the property but after I got to my room I was totally satisfied. The staff was friendly and my room was clean. It is close to many restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

To attend a family funeral in Greensboro, I booked 2 rooms in this motel for myself and extended family. Good room rate in a convenient location. Easy to get to if you rely on a map, but the driving instructions included with the reservation were incorrect. (East & west, left & right were backwards in directions for travelers approachig from the south.) Before driving there, verify your directions by using googlemaps, GPS, or something similar.

On arrival, I was taken aback by the security features. During daylight, the main desk is accessible, but at night you must deal with desk clerk through a security window. (Maybe they've been robbed in the past?)

Rooms on the second floor open onto a hallway -- not outdoors or balcony. At first I thought that would be safer than ground level, but changed my mind after seeing that a security door was totally missing! The door frame was there and the box for sliding a key card to open the door, but the door itself was gone. The hotel is under new ownership and is undergoing some renovations/improvements. I hope that, by the time you read this review, that missing door will have been replaced and alll entrances to the second story will be secure.

Ground level rooms' doors open directly onto the parking lot. At first I was concerned about security at night, but the parking lot and sidewalk are very well lit, our doors and locks were strong, and we felt safe indoors at night on the ground level. We stayed in the rooms closest to the main office.

The hotel offers free wireless internet, but it is not secure, so I did not use it.

The bedrooms, public areas, and grounds were very clean and recently painted. Our room was very quiet despite facing High Point Rd. Hotel staff were welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast was simple, continental fare -- quick and easy. Location provides easy access to I-40, High Point Rd, Holden Rd.

If you are looking for a clean, quiet, basic motel room with friendly staff for under $80, this hotel will do the job.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum? Share your experiences!