“Great place to stay while furniture shopping” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Lanada Rd, Greensboro, NC 27407   |
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Bristol CT
“Great place to stay while furniture shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We made a trip to the furniture stores and stayed at this hotel. It was about 10 miles away from the stores that we planned to visit but it was worth it. We like LaQuinta because they have good service and are a good value. We were happy with our clean hotel room and nice breakfast. The desk personnel were extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Bern, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My rating reflects my experience with the hotel management at La Quinta as I never did see a room.
I was in Greensboro for a conference and very excited about staying at La Quinta as it came highly recommended by family who had stayed here last time we were in town. When I arrived at the hotel around 8 p.m. I was told by the front desk attendant that the hotel was full and there was "no room in the inn." The managment made several unacceptable offers, but did come around to a satisfactory solution. I am pleased that both the front desk clerk and the manager were able to understand the situation from my perspective and fix the problem accordingly. I go to Greensboro frequently and look forward to trying the LaQuinta on a future visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
juju1974
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, and I was very pleased with my experience. I got to the hotel late but it was no problem, and the front desk attendant was extremely nice and helpful. I had two fairly big dogs with me and there was no problem at all having them stay with me, and there was no extra charge for them. My sister was with me and we asked if we could have rooms near each other, so the front desk person changed our rooms right away. My room was really great, big and very clean, with a microwave and mini fridge. The price was very reasonable. I wasn't able to eat breakfast while I was there, but there was breakfast offered each morning. I spoke with someone at the front desk the second day I was there to say I wouldn't need the 3rd night I had originally booked, and this was no problem to cancel. I also asked for a late checkout, again - no problem. There were several guests who had dogs and this made me feel comfortable having my dogs there. This is very important to me. The only drawback is that there is very little grass for the dogs to walk and use, but it was ok. A really nice thing about the hotel is its location - it is very close to the highway, and there are plenty of places to eat, get gas, and buy whatever you need while you are there.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers, and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Came in contact with this hotel and from the start the general manager
Anthony was fantastic ! Friendly , kind and very helpful.
Then had the pleasure of meeting James,Courtney and Brian. These 3 make the
guest feel so welcomed and they are so helpful with everything
they do . The hotel itself is clean , quiet and very
convenient to places to shop and eat.Anyone who travels
to Greensboro should take the opportunity out
to stay at this hotel , you will not regret it .The housekeeping staff
is great as well . Had a fantastic housekeeper
Claudia.

Room Tip: Anyone at the front desk will help you and make you feel as part of the " family "
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frederick md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything was nice, clean and resonably quiet... except when someone in my hallway left a dog unattended (against the rules.. which makes it bad for the rest of us responsible pet owners) Anyway..once I figured out the heat and AC.. he room was very clean and comfortable. Had a nice 3 nights.
One complaint about the furnishings in the room. I had a king room and the recliner in there was new and was PLASTIC and not at all comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wallace, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here Oct 12, 2012. When we arrived the guest in front of us had come down to complain because she had walked in on someone already in the room she was assigned! Our room was smoking and we booked non-smoking. We couldn't call down to ask about being moved because the phone didn't work. (We were told the rooms were newly remodeled) My husband and I went to the front desk and the guy did try to help by coming up and spraying the room but no others were available. The spray did not help and my daughter spent the rest of the vacation dealing with an allergy attack. I told them she was allergic but it didn't help our case. We were not offered any other alternatives.Not sure if Hotels.com messed up the reservation or the hotel. But the worst part was the pair of yellow, lace thongs hanging on the wall from the sprinkler! Who knows how long they had been there! I don't know how you could clean the room and miss them! The door to the room did not seal when it was closed. With the lights off in the room and on in the hallway, you could see a huge gap around the door.The breakfast the next morning was a good selection. The problem we encountered was a girl lying face down in her plate with food stuck to her hair and face! Another guest informed the guy at the front desk 3 times that there was a problem with her. He never walked over to ask if she was okay and still didn't when she fell off the table and hit the floor! Finally when several guests told him to call 911 because she would not repsond he walked over with the phone and made a call. That was not a good experience for my children! I am afraid I will not stay here again and I can not recommend the La Quinta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pennsauken, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived after driving 8 hours to La Quinta in Greensboro NC. First time for this hotel it was recommended. My husband checked us in and they had a young lady that has only been working for 4 days doing this process by herself. We paid cash for our stay up front as we do ALL the time. Well she failed to give my husband a receipt! ( do to her flirting about his name being so cool!! HMMMMM!!) well needless to stay we wanted to stay an extra day so upon my husband going to add another day ( and paying cash) a different person asks my husband does he want to put the cost of the whole stay on the credit card they use to hold the room??? HUH! we paid cash!! By the way I have a receipt showing we paid cash and they still want to charge the card! what is going on then the guy says oh it shows you paid cash but it wasnt posted. wait WHAT!! so another employees says yes the new girl didn't post the cash transactions so we had an overage of cash after her shift. so why are they trying to get the room fees twice!? so needless to say my husband gets reassured that it has been corrected and we wont have any problems!! WRONG they charged my credit card and got my cash!!!! so now what we didnt want to happen has happened and now WE are being inconvenience into tracking down the incompentent person that did the wrong process and the manager who would allow a 4 day new girl on duty during a HUGE wrestling convention!!!!

I travel all the time and have never had this happened! not a good look La Quinta. This is a management issue that was not handled properly the staff is not trained properly to have money transactions handled carelessly, I am sure there will be many other customers that checked in that same weekend because that cash that wasn't posted was large!!!

The room was nice and bathroom was clean, the location was great no shortage of places to eat.Plenty of retail stores as well

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro? Share your experiences!