“RUN AWAY FROM THIS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1705 Stanley Road, Greensboro, NC 27407 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #72 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Fayetteville
“RUN AWAY FROM THIS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was very very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. I requested seven rooms for our basketball team.We got there they spread us out ,on different floors no elevators. The place smell like pee and smoke. The carpet in the rooms were very very dirty. The sofa bed we pulled out had a big old red satin looks like vomit and blood. One of the towels hanging in the room had blood stains. There were dirty and wet blanket and sheets laying in front of people's door.I am not an animal lover. Almost everytime I left out of my room there were animals in the hallway. The hotel smell very bad. I don't recommend this hotel to NOBODY. We got there late that nite, most of the hotel were booked up in the area because of graduation and sports event so we had no choice. IT WAS HARD TRYING TO FIND SEVEN ROOMS. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Manager-GWV, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, May 14, 2009
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Greensboro - Wendover Ave.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
pittsburgh pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

my husband stayed at this hotel 3 times in dfifferent years for one month each time, the first time we liked it , it wascomfortable,appeared to be clean. Dishes,pots ,pans and silverware all clean and in their proper place... house keeping was 1 full cleaning , and bed change in between...washing facillities ok... westayed on the first floor so the no elevator did not affect us w, we did not use the exercise room ,saw afew animals in the windows of some rooms. found out it was a animal friendly hotel..... #2 stay we were given a room that We refused because it was filty..the floor was sticky and the furiture was frayed and and stinky... we waited awhile and they cleaned another room for us,it was ok but the carpet was stained........we were not plessed,but being we had relatives
in the area, and it was close to great shoppingand resterants we stayed..#3 stay I learned that not only were this hotel animal friendly with one animal some of theroom had much more than 3or 4 animals in them and not in cages... there was no rooms dedicated for animals..when some one moved out with their animals, no drapes were taken down,no carpets shampooed,just cleaned as usual... this is when we stoped staying there.....I don't like living with animals......

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
Manager-GWV, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, April 29, 2009

charleston, sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

I wish that I had read the previous review before booking this hotel. My husband, four young children, and I checked into this hotel. I'd booked the reservation online. The staff was nice, but the rooms were aweful. It was about 1:00 AM when we arrived and all we wanted to do is get some rest. The room smelled bad, the bed sheets were yellow and the chairs had aweful stains on them. I want even begin to speak about the kitchen and bath. I went to talk to the night attendent and she tried to find us another room on another floor, but although it smelled a little better, it was no different. We asked for our money back and went to the Amerisuites across the street.

• Liked — I was able to cancel my reservation.
  • Disliked — It wasn't represenative of the information on the hotels website.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
heartway-hotel info
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

Management of this property does not keep promises.
No support from the management for housekeeping departments. Kitchens needs work, appliances don't work properly, such as toasters burners from the stoves.
Bathtubs some don't drain. Toilet in one room clogs.
Maid just handed over a plunger, no assistance.
This place also has no elevator and difficult if you have luggage
or handicapped.

UNDER STAFFED PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However it is in a great area for shopping at discount
stores. Lots of restaurants near by and upscale area
in reasonable driving distances.
I would not pay anymore than the rate I paid for.
It was not worth more than that in fact probably less.

I can get a better property
in the same vacinity for just few dollars more and
be more comfortable.

• Liked — Sams Club and Walmar and Target close by
  • Disliked — poor supporting management
  • Tips/Secrets — dont' believe everything you hear from the management
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.

Address: 1705 Stanley Road, Greensboro, NC 27407 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Greensboro
Ranked #72 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Greensboro

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.