“Typical Homewood Suites but the staff make it great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead
Ranked #18 of 75 hotels in Greensboro
Champaign
“Typical Homewood Suites but the staff make it great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed at the Homewood Suites twice on our trip to/from the North Carolina beach from Illinois. Both times we had the two-bedroom suite. They are very spacious with the typical Homewood Suites amenities of a kitchen and a pullout sofabed in the living room. We did not arrive in time for the manager's reception either time. The breakfast could have a bit more selections like some other Homewood Suites but it was fresh and tasty. The elevators are a bit far from the lobby and some of the rooms so make sure if you have a lot of kids and a lot of luggage to ask to be close to one of the two elevators. The kids really wanted to use the pool, but it was closed for upkeep. I used Hilton Honors points so cannot speak to the price/value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

we had no issues the one night we stayed. We were going to leave our car there during our stay and just ride the shuttle, but we knew we'd be ready to head home when we flew back. We did go to the managers reception the night we arrived. The Salisbury Steak was OK, but nothing I'd have again. I did have a glass of beer (miller lite), which is free, but it seemed very flat, maybe because it was hard to "pour" from the tap into a water glass. I do recommend staying here. One nice thing about our room was that it had a private balcony.

Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in Greensboro for a college graduation. We flew in on Thursday and stayed at the Homewood Suites Thursday night. We wanted a hotel that was close to downtown as well as the airport. We also wanted a "suite" so our son could stay with us and we could visit. The Homewood met all of these requirements. To our surprise, they also had an evening reception and buffet with beer, wine soft drinks, and snacks. Supper including Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad was included. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Our suite had a living room with fold out couch, a kitchen with a two burner stove and full size refrigerator, and a bedroom with plenty of pillows. I am currently a Hilton Silver Member and I have in the past had Gold level. I like the Hilton brand. This was one of the best hotel experiences I've had recently.

Room Tip: This hotel is next door (easy walk) to the Embassy Suites. We have stayed at the Embassy in the pas...
Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Arrived at Noon on a Saturday. Was told reserved room was ready, but room they were planning to upgrade me to (2 br suite) was not yet ready. I chose to wait. About an hour later, we were checked in. Suite was very spacious, clean, modern and furnished nicely. We were very comfortable and had ample space to spread out on comfortable furniture. Staff was very courteous and quite cheerful.

Complimentary breakfast the next morning was very good--French toast sticks, sausage links, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc.

Two recommendations to Homewood Suites management:

1. We've stayed at Homewood Suites in two differet cities over the past two weekends. At one, dishwasher soap packets were in the room. At the Greensboro one, no dish soap was provided. Seems like a very small item to provide, but one that is truly appreciated by guests. (Sorry, but I'm not using any of the dishes or silverware until I wash them first.)

2. At both locations, the guest information books in the rooms said ice machines were provided at vending machines on each floor. However, there were no ice machines anywhere, except at the breakfast prep rooms. Front desk staff at both locations were very happy to provide ice for our cooler (needed for my son's soccer tournaments). But management should keep this in mind when the information books are next updated.

By the way, if you're not already a member of Hilton Honors, you should look into becoming one. The benefits are incredible. Just my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I don't know why this hotel is rated #24 out of 75 hotels, it should be rated number 1! I have stayed here on several occasions as well as a few other hotels when they were full but I prefer to stay here every time. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I recently stayed over Mother's Day with my children and grandchildren and Theresa was so sweet and helpful that I had to mention her here. She was working in the breakfast area and got a highchair for my grandson, was always there to help with anything we needed and was more than gracious when accepting a tip. What a sweetheart! Nick is always helpful when answering the phone at the front desk and answering any questions we may have. Thank you for making our stay a joy every time!

Chapel Hill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great property, clean rooms; Nick Sloane at the front desk provides great customer service. The managers evening reception is awesome and breakfast was just what we needed! Although the property is a little difficult to drive into, the location is perfect for Greensboro and surrounding area needs. I would reccommend this Hilton property to anyone staying in the Greensboro area. My wife loved the soft bed, large bathroom and kitchen. It was like a home away from home!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and I am always pleased when I do. I have stayed with family and alone and they staff and accommodations are always top notch! Thanks for another great experience. I wish I knew the name of the wonderful lady who worked in the breakfast area. I sent my 14 year old son to give her a $10 tip and she was so concerned that he may have gotten it wrong that she asked him to have me stop by on our way out to confirm. She wanted to be sure that he gave it to the right person, which he did. She was so sweet and such a help and blessing to us during breakfast we wanted to thank her.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro? Share your experiences!