“Perfect Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Raleigh
“Perfect Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I took a much needed weekend trip away from the kids. We wanted to go somewhere where he could play golf, and I could "play" spa! We were both graciously accomodated, and I enjoyed my prenatal massage very much. The food was absolutely delicious (both the dinner and the breaskfast we had at the main resturant). The rooms were spacious and cozy! Would certainly go back!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Clyde, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I had a wonderful room and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
jwd0630
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Grandover for a weekend away and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly, room was extremely comfortable and spacious and the dining was excellent. I would a definitely recommend anyone to stay here when visiting the Triad!

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Grandover this past month. What a great stay. The staff was so nice and the room was comfortable. Our short time away was a real treat and we have decided to make it an annual trip. Great Stay!

north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

My partner and I visited for a relaxing weekend get-away. We were warmly greeted and assisted by the conceriege upon arrival. However, the rude woman at the front desk quickly changed our experience. I think her name was Nicole. She was unfriendly and unaccomodating with our simple requests. She simply didn't seem interested in even attempting to help us. Before that, she couldn't find our reservation because whoever took the reservation misspelled my last name. She was rude and stated we didn't even have a reservation. Fortunately, I had my confirmation number so she was able to find our reservation. I asked that she correct my name in their system, however, that never happend. When we checked out, they had a completely different last name for me (my last name isn't complicated...its consists of 4 letters). Besides that impersonal touch, she was curt and rude with our questions about the hotel. This just changed our impression of the hotel and customer service from that point forward. She needs some hospitatility training on how to warmly and respectfully greet and assist customers who are paying a lot of money to stay at this hotel and spa.

Right before dinner, we discovered a small, rustic bar/restaurant tucked away that looked interesting. We wanted to go inside and have a drink, but were surprised to discover it was closed. We also ordered room service and it arrived 30 minutes late. We had to call to find out if our meal was coming. Overall, we liked the hotel--the beautiful fireplaces, the main restaurant (our dinner was delicious) and bar, and the large rooms. The bathroom and tub are spacious and the bed is very comfortable with luxurious linens that afforded us a very comfortable night's sleep. I would most likely return if I felt the customer service issues were addressed. To be an expensive hotel/spa, this hotel isn't up to standards when it comes to customer service.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Had no intentions of staying here as it's only 50 miles from my home, but snowy conditions on I-85 changed my mind. My lady friend had been in a fender bender earlier in the evening, and hotel security were very helpful in accomodating her needs. Lauren at the bar also deserves special accolades for her great service. The large fireplaces in the lobby were very warm on a cold winter's night.

Our room was very nice, fresh, and clean. I liked the small bar with sink/refrig area as well as the large flat screen tv. I've slept in a lot of hotel beds with the leading chains, but the Grandover's ranks right up with the top for comfort. The shower and bath were what you'd expect from such a property, and were well stocked with robes and Gilchrist & Soames products. The jacuzzi and pool areas were a most welcome sight after a tense and stressful evening of driving. I thought the rate of $139.00 for a Friday night was reasonable.

The hotel also has a large conference center which I had visited previously. Although I'm not a golfer, I certainly wouldn't mind a return visit to the Grandover to check out the couples volcanic stone massage.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I am usually a brand guy because I can usually believe what I see on their web page. Not Only was the Grandover Resort , grand and stately but the service was impeccable but not stuffy. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff both me and my traveling partner were assigned spacious, very attractive rooms with a great view of the golf course (even though it was too cold on our arrival day to play). From arrival to departure, every staff member we encountered was friendly and very helpful. I liked the fact that when you asked for directions no matter where in the resort the staff would walk you all the way there.
Couple other things...food very good, the bartender I think his name was Phillip was very friendly and makes a great martini. While I didn’t bring my wife on this trip, I would definitely come back here and the next time I will bring her along with my clubs...sorry honey ….I think I will do that this spring.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Grandover Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!