“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Columbia, South Carolina
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Excellent place to stay for vacation, family or business. Right in the heart of downtown so you can walk to all the restaurants and bars. Lobby and lobby bar are comfortable, the food was excellent and the room was luxurious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Greensboro. As you stated, we are conveniently located in the heart of downtown which affords many options of things to do outside the hotel. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Donato Pinierio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Regularly stay at this location because of business needs in Greensboro, North Carolina. I travel by train to Greensboro and this location is an easy cab ride from the station. Check-in is easy. Rooms are average by hotel standards. Not much to the location as far as things to do. Lobby bar is ok as well as dinning options. All around average hotel except for the price to stay. A little pricey if I was paying instead of my company.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. Our Marriott Great Room renovation will be complete this week. It is a tremendous improvement from our previous design and I'm sure that you will enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
All the best,
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had Dinner in Greensboro and decided to stay at the Marriott. Great front door service. By the time I got to the counter to check in they almost had my key ready. Nice clean room. We've stayed there before and we always get good service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled that you had a great experience during your recent stay. Thank you for the kind words about the staff service, they all work very hard and it isappreciated when it is recognized. I will be sure to share your feedback with everyone. We hope to see you again soon.
Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here one night for a business trip. Was a nice hotel, bed was comfortable. It would have been nice to have wi-fi in the room. Check in was efficient. It seems ridiculous to charge for parking at this location. Overall, ok for business travel, don't think I would stay here for a family trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We do offer WiFi and hard line connections in each of our guestrooms. There is a fee associated with that unless the guest is a Marriott Rewards Gold or Platinum menber, in which case it is free. The lobby, lounge and restaurant all offer WiFi as well and that is free of charge. With the completion of the Marriott Great Room, there are now lots of comfortable spots in our lobby to sit and take advantage of the complimentary WiFi. We hope to see you again soon.
Donato
washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a long day of moving my daughter into Bennett College I was looking forward to a hot shower and a good night sleep. The bed was comfortable but the shower was a problem. The tub was clogged and the water was up to my ankles by the time I finished my shower. I am not sure how the staff was not aware of this problem. I alerted the front desk of the problem and they immediately sent someone up to address the problem. The drain was so clogged that Drano was not a solution. Since it was after 11pm (to late for using a snake) we were offered a new room and free movie.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I will stay here again because it is very convenient to Bennett College.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It must have been an exciting week for your daughter. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with the slow drain in the bathtub. Rest assured that this has been addressed. As you stated, someone should have noticed this before you checked in to your room. I was very pleased to hear that our staff took good care of you and yur daughter while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best Regards
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

You always have to be a bit forgiving when a hotel is going through renovations, but the Marriott Greensboro didn't appear to be making much in the way of concessions for their guests during their remodeling. Making it a bit difficult to be forgiving. Its really quite inconvenient getting around the hotel, with the check in area staged temporarily with desks in the middle of what looks like a conference room. Lots of rerouting to get to the guest rooms, with noisy work going on in the highly trafficked areas. I was on the 6th floor and was still woken up with all the work that was being done on the first floor in their bar area. The rooms are really outdated, but the bed was really comfortable. I was on a corporate rate plan which was supposed to get me free wifi, but when I went on to register their online log in wouldn't let me with the promotional code. There wasn't an "engineer" to assist so the front desk said to select the to pay the $12.95 and they would reverse the charge on my bill. But that didn't happen so I had to work with the morning crew to get it cleared up on my bill. But the location is convenient to the downtown area that had several restaurants to choose from for dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apolgize for the inconvenience you experienced during our renovations. I do hope that if you are in Greensboro again that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the Marriott experience that you have come to expect.

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The ceilings were cracked, the fan made a constant chirping noise, the bed was uncomfortable, the carpets were stained, construction was ongoing, and the restaurant downstairs served what looked and tasted like microwaved egg batter as part of breakfast.

The people working here were nice and responsive, and I cannot fault them for the hotel's obvious state of disrepair and squalor, but I would never stay here again. One night was more than enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response to Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. The hotel is undergoing a renovation at the current time but the main lobby level will be completed in the next week. There will be vast improvement seen in the property and I hope that you give us the opportunity to show that to you if your travels take you back to Greensboro.

Best Regards,

Been to Greensboro Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!