“Average at the most.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 75 hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Average at the most.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Room service was late. The staff seemed to care about our needs. Overpriced for what u get. Will return though with a groupon! If I had to choose right now though I would more than likely go somewhere else. Even though this is my hometown I would like to have been treated better.

• Stayed March 2013
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your response. Please know that the issue with the late service has been addressed and that this is not the level service we provide. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations every time. I hope that if you have the opportunity you will come back to experience the newly renovated property.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding ok place older hotel. They charge $12.00 for Wifi in rooms lobby free but under construction? Plus parking fee... No Starbucks in room or on premise. Even called the hotel in advance not up to standards...

• Stayed June 2013
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The building is older and they use that for it's styling. The building lobby is very grand and open. The rooms themselves and technology seems slightly out of date, but I didn't have any problems with a brief stay there. The internet is SLOW, and you have to request wifi access at the front desk. The bathrooms in the rooms were very nice. I didn't explore too much, but it provided what I needed including an attached, covered parking garage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are pleaesed that you enjoyed your stay with us. The new Great Room Lobby Concept is currently underway and we are all excited to see the brand new look of the lobby and lounge area. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and experience it for yourself.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived and the front desk took care of us immediately and provided a nice room on the top floor. They were able to help us find a nice restaurant in walking distance. The room was fine and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We hope we the opportunity to welcome you back again next time you are in town.

Best regards,
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a nice, older Marriott hotel. It isn't the most modern, but it has been well maintained over the years. It has just about everything you might need during your stay, with the exception of a refrigerator in your room. The hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms, great meeting space, a nice restaurant, a wonderful indoor pool and a nice fitness room. The best thing about the hotel is the service. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. They truly go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The hotel is also conveniently located in downtown Greensboro, so it's a quick walk to the heart of the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and am especially thrilled that our staffs customer service made such a positive impact on you. Our lobby and lounge will be undergoing renovations and will be complete by the first week of August. I hope you have the chance to come back and enjoy the new updated feel of the property.

Warm Regards,
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown for 5 nights recently. I was in town with my husband for a track meet at the North Carolina A&T stadium. It was a nice hotel, but I thought it fell a little short of Marriott standards. It was outdated and a little dingy. In the lobby and on up the large staircase to the 2nd floor the carpet was worn, and the walls in general were drab. The rooms were dark, and our bathroom was teeny tiny. We could barely close the bathroom door after entering due to lack of space - and forget it if the two of us were getting ready at the same time. Beds were decent. Housekeeping left a little to be desired - they kept forgetting to replenish our coffee and tea. The upside is that the staff were extremely pleasant. Overall it was fine for our purposes, but I wouldn't choose to stay there. You could pay less and get much better (brighter, bigger, newer) accommodations.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ballpark get a great view of Friday/Saturday fireworks!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Greensboro for a wedding. I think that what stood out most about this hotel was the caliber of the staff. On the day of my check-in, I received what I thought was a automatically generated email welcoming me to the hotel. On the off chance that someone was monitoring the email, I replied to say I wouldn't be arriving until almost midnight. The manager personally wrote back and assured me that my room would be held and ready when I arrived, which I really appreciated. The housekeeping and front desk staff were very kind and willing to accommodate some special requests - even though it was a very busy weekend where the hotel was hosting guests for three weddings, a graduation, and two conferences! The valet was also helpful when I needed a taxi unexpectedly. Overall, I was very happy with my stay -- and the convenience of the location could not be beat. I also enjoyed the pool and gym facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Greensboro Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!