“Nice Hotel with Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Bowie, Maryland
“Nice Hotel with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a nice, older Marriott hotel. It isn't the most modern, but it has been well maintained over the years. It has just about everything you might need during your stay, with the exception of a refrigerator in your room. The hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms, great meeting space, a nice restaurant, a wonderful indoor pool and a nice fitness room. The best thing about the hotel is the service. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. They truly go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The hotel is also conveniently located in downtown Greensboro, so it's a quick walk to the heart of the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and am especially thrilled that our staffs customer service made such a positive impact on you. Our lobby and lounge will be undergoing renovations and will be complete by the first week of August. I hope you have the chance to come back and enjoy the new updated feel of the property.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown for 5 nights recently. I was in town with my husband for a track meet at the North Carolina A&T stadium. It was a nice hotel, but I thought it fell a little short of Marriott standards. It was outdated and a little dingy. In the lobby and on up the large staircase to the 2nd floor the carpet was worn, and the walls in general were drab. The rooms were dark, and our bathroom was teeny tiny. We could barely close the bathroom door after entering due to lack of space - and forget it if the two of us were getting ready at the same time. Beds were decent. Housekeeping left a little to be desired - they kept forgetting to replenish our coffee and tea. The upside is that the staff were extremely pleasant. Overall it was fine for our purposes, but I wouldn't choose to stay there. You could pay less and get much better (brighter, bigger, newer) accommodations.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ballpark get a great view of Friday/Saturday fireworks!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Greensboro for a wedding. I think that what stood out most about this hotel was the caliber of the staff. On the day of my check-in, I received what I thought was a automatically generated email welcoming me to the hotel. On the off chance that someone was monitoring the email, I replied to say I wouldn't be arriving until almost midnight. The manager personally wrote back and assured me that my room would be held and ready when I arrived, which I really appreciated. The housekeeping and front desk staff were very kind and willing to accommodate some special requests - even though it was a very busy weekend where the hotel was hosting guests for three weddings, a graduation, and two conferences! The valet was also helpful when I needed a taxi unexpectedly. Overall, I was very happy with my stay -- and the convenience of the location could not be beat. I also enjoyed the pool and gym facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Standard Downtown Marriott that is an excellent choice for downtown Greensboro. The staff was what southern hospitality is all about...very impressed with the friendly and caring attitude from valet to housekeeping. It is an older Marriott that is very well managed! My only complaint was the quality and amount of food in the concierge level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I realize management has very little control over stuff like this but if you are staying here to participate in a sporting (or other) event that starts early in the morning understand that this hotel has a large banquet facility and some people attending these events don't exactly do the polite thing. Although our family wasn't adversely impacted, people in our group were woken up at 2 in the morning by drunk, loud, obnoxious individuals who had been attending a wedding. They thought it was perfectly reasonable to host an "after party" in a room for 40 people. Management did the right thing (they called the police) to break up the party. That doesn't matter, though, if you are trying to get some sleep. In addition, service was super slow at the hotel restaurant.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Property in the heart of Greensboro with the usual bar and restaurant. No complaints but nothing special. I thought the rate was excessive for this city and facility. Reasonably quiet and large parking garage adjacent. Large impressive lobby but floor hallways look dated.

• Stayed May 2013
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights as we were in town for a swim event at the Aquatic Center which is about 8 mins away. Overall it was a good value for the money we spent. Parking for downtown was reasonable at $11 a day. We had a corner room on the 6th floor and it was quiet and spacious. We had everything we needed except there wasn't a mini bar/refridge but the cabinet was big enough to hold one. All the staff seemed friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. Only complaint was in Bistro 40 I had to return my main entree as it was bland. Waiter informed me that there was a new chef and refunded my dinner.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seemed spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Greensboro Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!