“Standard Marriott stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Standard Marriott stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Property in the heart of Greensboro with the usual bar and restaurant. No complaints but nothing special. I thought the rate was excessive for this city and facility. Reasonably quiet and large parking garage adjacent. Large impressive lobby but floor hallways look dated.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights as we were in town for a swim event at the Aquatic Center which is about 8 mins away. Overall it was a good value for the money we spent. Parking for downtown was reasonable at $11 a day. We had a corner room on the 6th floor and it was quiet and spacious. We had everything we needed except there wasn't a mini bar/refridge but the cabinet was big enough to hold one. All the staff seemed friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. Only complaint was in Bistro 40 I had to return my main entree as it was bland. Waiter informed me that there was a new chef and refunded my dinner.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seemed spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just finished reading the negative reviews of this Marriott and unfortunately, have to agree. In fact - Marriott just sent me a guest survey - which I am sure no one will respond to. Marriott should be ashamed of themselves for the poor quality of this place - it needs serious updating. My room - and even though I was not paying - was average at best - not what one would expect from a Marriott. I had a Do not Disturb sign on my door - which I removed at 7am - no one ever cleaned the room. I called down to the Front Desk - no one bothered to pick up. Friday night (April 5th) there were drunk, loud and obnoxious "fans" staying at the hotel for a race. I called the Front Desk as the idiots next door to me kept trying to open the adjoining door - again - no one answered. The POLICE were finally called. Unreal.
The food in the restaurant was not great - but the staff were very nice.
This is one of the worst stays I have ever had at Marriott - I would never go back to this hotel. beware!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have no idea what the cost for this room as it was part of a conference, but the service was great beginning with the assistance at the curb. Checking in was great and I was provided free wifi access (you have to ask). The room itself was "nice"; not that big, but comfortable. Housekeeping was 50/50, it seemed like perhaps they were distracted or had too many rooms to handle. The bathroom was NOT that great; it was a huge bathroom with tons of wasted space, and a tiny counter with a sink. The only plug for the blow dryer was right over the toilet, and the toilet cover was the open kind so I was afraid it would fall in.

As mentioned in other contributions, Marriott has an annoying habit of only having one cup of coffee in the room. That is a lame policy.

The conference rooms were very good and were setup as requested. The food for conference lunches were okay; one day the hamburgers were co,d and red inside. But otherwise they were passable.

The best quality resides with the customer service - I was never let down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good looking older hotel that appears like it is being slowly updated. The lobby was straight out of the 80's but still was comfortable and welcoming. The Trim work in the hallways to the banquet rooms appears like it is coming off the wall and needs painting. My King room was very nice and modern with a comfortable bed. A mini fridge would be nice for the kind of cash you're giving up for these rooms. Returaunt and bar were decent but overly expensive even for an in hotel Returaunt. The staff was outstanding and made up for the little annoyances.

Room Tip: Upper floors seemed better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent three nights here and was very happy with it, especially with the helpfulness and attentiveness of the staff. Everyone we encountered was not just friendly, but went the extra mile. We arrived early and were able to get into rooms anyway. A couple of billing questions were very quickly resolved. The rooms are not stunning but very comfortable. Cleanliness and amenities were what you would expect - nothing disappointed. I only ate in the restaurant once, for lunch, but the food was good and the service consistent with the service elsewhere in the hotel. The fitness center was in good condition. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The front desk staff, the wait staff and the managers all had great personalities and were more than helpful. I had an issue with my online submission not updating my stay and the front desk staff went out of there way to make up for the confusion. I did not try the restaurant. I would definitely stay here again sinc eit is rare these days to receive such customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Greensboro Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!