“I always stay at the O'Henry Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

O. Henry Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   624 Green Valley Road, Greensboro, NC 27408   |
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
silvercal10
“I always stay at the O'Henry Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

A no-brainer if you're staying in Greensboro, NC. Always very friendly, clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is excellent. Complimentary hotel shuttle to/from airport is a nice touch as well. The on-sight restaurant is also top-notch!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the O. Henry as a surprise for his 50th birthday. We were treated very graciously by everyone. The room was " beyond immaculate" and very spacious. The staff throughout was very accommodating. We experienced one small issue with housekeeping trying to clean our room early one morning but to their defense we didn't have a do not disturb sign up. It was an honest mistake and when mentioned at check out we were promised that upon our next stay they would make sure to do something special to make up for it.. Please take our advise and opt for breakfast in bed. The experience of having everything brought to you served on a silver platter and prepared exactly per request is a rare treat. We would absolutely recommend this property to anyone and look forward to returning ourselves soon.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Great hotel. Although not cheap, they have the best beds and most curteous staff I have ever met. Room service is always prompt and ground transportation is great. The staff (including the drivers) will go out of their way to answer any questions you have. Breakfast is always fresh and hot with the newspaper waiting right outside of your door. The bathrooms are huge containing a seperate tub and shower. You also have to eat the Green Valley Grill on the first floor. One of the finest places I ever been. Get the fillet, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

As a native of Greensboro it's always great to have a reason to return. But where to stay? Our first time at the O.Henry was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, thinking it would be fun to do a 'memory lane' weekend. It was perfect! We booked the romance package and it was absolutely lovely. We've been looking for a reason to return and this past week I had to return for a 2-day business trip. I was so happy to see the O.Henry was still such a haven for weary, tired travellers! I had a late dinner in the bar--delicious scallops with a great glass of wine--felt perfectly comfortable being there alone this time. The rooms are exactly as previous posters have described. As I remarked to my husband, "this is such a civilized way to travel." Try it! You'll want to go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed at the O. Henry for a weekend wedding and we were very impressed with the hotel. The reception was at a nearby country club and the hotel location was very convenient to the surrounding area. The hotel is privately owned and they put a lot of care and effort into making the standard several notches above the competition but maintaining competitive pricing.

I booked the hotel because it was rated #1 on Tripadvisor and the reviews were all dead on! I booked the hotel through Expedia and they tried to persuade me to book with their affiliates instead. Beware: if you add this hotel to your Expedia itinerary, it is NOT reserved. You will get all the regular Expedia confirmations but, if you read your email carefully, you will see that they did not actually DO the booking.

Luckily, when we arrived at the front desk, they still had 14 rooms available AND they were able to let us in early to change for the wedding. The rooms are large and clean with elegant furnishings. They did little touches like dimmer switches, excellent A/C, a dressing area with additional sink plus cosmetic mirror - things like this. Although there wasn't a mini bar in the room, the hotel has an excellent lounge and bar. We ate lunch at their restaurant upon arrival and the reuben sandwich was to die for. It was so big that we had to split it!

The breakfast buffet was included and the food was actually much better than you would expect. There was also a lovely outside courtyard and fountain and the staff throughout were professional and friendly. The nearby area is just banks and parking lots but the hotel more than makes up for not having a garden property. The classical music was lovely to hear in the public areas and they actually played long sets of Mozart outside and good quality classical guitar inside the dining areas.

I would not hesitate to stay at the O.Henry again. I can see why many furniture shoppers go out of their way to stay at this exceptional hotel. See, there are still entrepreneurs in America - stay at this hotel and avoid the chains!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Elon College, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I'm a student at a university about 40 minutes away, and whenever my parents visit me, they insist on staying at the O. Henry, despite it being over a half hour drive for them. I end up driving back with them every single time because it is just to comfortable to pass up.

I can honestly say that it is the most relaxing and enjoyable hotel I have ever stayed in, and the steaks prepared at the Green Valley Grille (the restaurant on the hotel's first floor) are my #2 favorite dinner. I'm quite an eater, so that is saying something.

5 stars every time. Cannot wait until my parents visit again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We had a wonderful weekend with their date night package. We intend to return
when opera season begins.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to O. Henry Hotel? Share your experiences!