“Out of this world” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel will go the extra mile from the minute We booked they looked after our every need mr page picked us up at gso in a London black taxi and was a gentleman , in his early 20s the front desk staff were great you can't pass them without them bidding you good day breakfast was of a high standard as where the breakfast staff when We needed a lift to town front desk sent us in there jeep limo car we will visit Greensboro in the future and will not stay anywhere else love from Ireland and the Irish and thanks ...

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, General Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
You traveled an extra mile or two to get to us and went the extra mile to take the time to tell us about your experience. Thank you for the wonderful written tour of your stay. Mr. Page will be thrilled to know that you recognized him in your review and made him famous! Our entire team from breakfast to the front desk will appreciate your kindness. Go raibh maith agaibh and come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The bedding is some of the best I've ever found in a hotel. The restaurant was excellent (even room service). We ordered a late dinner (salmon) and it was one I've the better salmon entrees I've had anywhere. Staff was friendly and well trained. Only complaint was very load music Saturday night in our suite above the ballroom. I would specifically never stay in that room again for that reason. The wedding went on until 2am and although they reduced the volume temporarily around midnight it was still impossible to sleep. The manager was understanding and happily gave us a late check out to catch up on the lost sleep... Very good overall and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
Martha B, General Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am in total agreement with you regarding the Green Valley Grill salmon selection, I often order it and it is always delicious. We are sorry for the wedding party noise. We can do better than that. We could have had you in a room further away. Helpful feedback such as this helps us do a better job -- so please never be shy about offering it to us. Thank you for trusting us with your stay and for taking the time to offer your feedback. I hope to see you when you next visit.
Frontenac, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a great hotel for pleasure or business. Evening dining is great both inside and outside. My only complaint is our server on Saturday night rushed us through dinner when we, in fact, wanted to savor the food and enjoy a bottle of wine. The rooms are spacious and the staff is polite and helpful. I would stay at the O Henry again or try the sister hotel, Proximity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EggersP, Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience. I apologize that you were rushed through dinner, that is certainly not something we want our guests to experience. We are glad to hear that everything else went well and do hope that we get to see you again. Thank you for your feedback so that we may learn from it and be better for next time.
Regards,
Eden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Everything about the O'Henry is perfect...awesome service, beautiful and impeccably clean rooms, awesome bar and a fabulous breakfast buffet. We only live 45 minutes away, but often stay here for our anniversary...I love this hotel! Note...great shopping, restaurants, movie theater just across the street. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The O. Henry is the most beautiful hotel I've stayed at. The rooms are spacious, spotless and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and well attended. The staff are extremely helpful and go out of there way to ensure your satisfcation. They give GREAT dinner suggestions!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
EggersP, Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! I love that you enjoyed everything, and I agree about the beds, very comfortable! We hope to see you again soon.
Cheers,
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a happy two-night stay at the O.H and truly appreciated the little touches that added up to a great hotel. The service was warm and facility lovely: beautiful lobby, breakfast room, bar and courtyard. Rain prevented a personal assessment of the pool, but the area appeared pleasant from afar. Breakfast was terrific -- best home fries I've ever had -- along with high quality croissants, fluffy fresh eggs, great muffins and fresh juice! We also appreciated the later hours on weekends having slept through many a "free breakfast" at other hotels.

The rooms are well laid out and attractive, particularly the bath area which is spacious and unusually attractive. Comfortable beds, nice curtains, spacious closets. No complaints.

The owners approached the hotel with a real sense of style and a deft touch, which is the main reason the rare oversights were so surprising. Many TA reviewers have noted the puzzling inefficiency of the room refrigerators. Ours barely worked. Others noted the lack of an exhaust fan in the main bath, which was unpleasant for anyone not hoping to steam their next day's outfit. Again, surprising that this wasn't recognized in the initial hotel design. One final small oversight, but a bummer nonetheless, was the sole hook for hanging robes, towels, etc outside the shower and the lack of any shelf or rack area for personal toiletries in the shower. The one soap dish was oddly shaped so shampoo, razors, etc., would slip right out, and there was no place but the floor to put anything else.

Finally, and only because it is clear management pays attention to these reviews, we were disappointed to be awoken after midnight by a screeching fire alarm and dutifully trooped down the stairs and outside with other guests -- most of us in our pajamas and out into the drizzle. After standing there for 10 minutes, no one from the hotel appeared. The alarm eventually went off, and we all trooped back in, but at no point was there any management attention paid to the 50+ guests out in the rain or any announcement as to whether it was a false alarm or when it was safe to return to the building. Nor did anyone say anything to us in the morning or slip a note under guest doors apologizing for the late night escapade.

That said, even with this unwelcome adventure and the few off-notes, I would recommend the O. Henry without reservation. It is a special place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EggersP, Manager at O. Henry Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing this invaluable feedback with us. I am so sorry for the lack of communication with the false fire alarm and the lack of guest service when this inconvenience happened. We truly appreciate you sharing this with us. You are absolutely right that we pay attention to these reviews; we do this so that we know how our guests experience us and so that we may use that information to be better for the future. Our management team is already on the ball with using this data to ensure we improve on guest service in situations such as false fire alarms. And thank you for the feedback on the inefficiencies with the rooms, this information will also be passed along to be looked into. If you have any further feedback or concerns please contact myself or our Managing Director, Martha Bryant, directly at 336-854-2000 or by e-mail at mbryant@qwrh.com for the Managing Director or peggers@qwrh.com for myself. Thank you for staying with us, for your productive feedback and for continuing to be a loyal O.Henry guest. We appreciate and value you!!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

And I'm someone who does over 150 hotel nights a year as a business traveler. Plus I get invited to some of the top properties in North America to work with clients on retreats, etc.
I've spent at least a couple of nights a year at the O. Henry for nearly 10 years. I rank it as the most subtly elegant and well-managed hotel I stay at. Just top notch.
I just completed a stay and had my first problem ever. My door lock would not accept either my keys or the management's master. They had engineering on it inside of 10 minutes and replaced the entire mechanism in less than 30 minutes.
The rooms are a perfect layout with work desk, sofa, hutch, and large very comfortable bed. Tastefully decorated. I've never heard any sound, ever, from any other room. The closet area and bath are a perfect combination of a permanent luggage bench (no need for a rickety stand), external sink. coffee service with good sized pot instead of the all-too-common cup-at-a-time server. Large, easily accessed closet. Separate tiled back with both shower and large tub. The cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in.
There's a welcoming bar, tea served in the lobby, and one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had. Attentively prepared and maintained. Great lineup. Served in a lavishly-glassed dining area.
The staffing is as welcoming in a warmly professional way as the facilities. Every person who's served me at the front desk, restaurant, breakfast, or bar has been superbly trained but also someone you wanted to take along to your next destination.
There's a full restaurant and large bar area. They serve the best meals I've had in Greensboro.
The location is off the major interstates but on a large arterial with an excellent shopping area right across the street. Heck, there's even an Apple store a couple of blocks away.
Need I say more? I'll stop gushing and merely say stay here if you can.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. I've fronted on Green Valley and Wendover but the construction is so...