We spent 2 nights at Rorke's Drift Lodge as a base to visit the local battlefield sites. The access track from the highway was a bit of an adventure and we were glad to be travelling in a vehicle with reasonable ground clearance. However, the remote location of the lodge is ideallic with tremendous views of the surrounding countryside. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the accommodation comfortable and clean. The meals deserve a special mention being based on local dishes but prepared with a touch of haute cuisine - delicious. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal