“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kilifi
Nairobi
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was a perfect place to spend the weekend.
There is personalized service and the best part is that the chef was out of this world preparing different cuisines.
The rooms are well maintained and so is the whole place,its a beautiful garden hotel overlooking the white sandy beaches of the Indian ocean.
I will definitely head back as the receptionist made sure that I filled a comment form for my feedback.
I will send a friend to check the lodge too.

Room Tip: Let the receptionist help you find a good room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Mombasa, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wanted a weekend getaway so decided to head to Baobab Sea Lodge.
Check in to the hotel was quick and easy. The rooms needed some major interior decor. Air conditioning in the room kept on switching on and off like as if they were on some timer. Sometimes it would just switch off and then you would have to switch it on again. Beds are not that comfortable. Very quiet and serene environment. The beach is just awesome with lovely warm ocean. Excellent for sure. Foodwise it was good and tasty although selection was small but enjoyable. Staff are al friendly and ready to help immediately.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After a sad start to our stay in Kalifi Kenya we ended up staying here for a week, great staff who did al they could to make us comfortable. Would highly recommend it as a great place to stay..Although pricey it has to be said over the Christmas period.

Room Tip: Room 5 had a lovely sea view where we stayed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just returned from a weekend at Baobab Sea Lodge. This is a small hotel beautifully placed on a quiet, sandy beach. The staff is very attentive. We had very positive interactions with Cliff and Emmanuel at the front desk, both before and during our stay. We don't eat animal products, and the chef did everything possible to modify the food to our liking. George took great care of our room and cheerfully brought us whatever we asked for (extra pillows, etc). He created the flower art we found on our bed, which I have attached a photo of. The hotel sits on a perfect beach. Bring water shoes for when the tide is low because there is lots of coral and rocks, which are not a problem at all when the tide is in. This hotel is best suited to couples and individuals who want a quiet, restful vacation.

Room Tip: I like rooms 1, 2 and 5. You get the best view of the ocean and are just steps from the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ancona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've been in Baobab sea Lodge with my husband and 8 months daughter. It's comfortable and placed over the indian ocean, with a wonderfull sandy beach.
The buffet restaurant has an international menu, full of things, you will appreciate it!
The rooms are some bungalows, some in a small palace, all with makuti roof.
The resort has a nice pool, and soft animation.
It's a bit unconfortable if you have a stroller, because of the steps. Not indicated for people with diasbilities.
Good for couple and families.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chester, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My company was conducting business at the hospital in Kilifi just a few minutes from the Bayobab. Typically our comapny books the Mnarani when in the area, but due to full booking our company placed us at the Bayobab, and I'm very happy with the week I had there!

I do have to say from the business traveler's perspective, I could not get onto the network that they had set-up near the office, and hard wired phones were not available. From a personal perspective, this was a blessing in disguise or Iwould have been working late every night. We did go over to Mnarani one eventing for dinner with a colleague who did get a booking there, and they had internet access and conference rooms. So that resort may be a better choice from that perspective. However....

The Bayobab presented the most beautiful scenery, and the staff was incredible. Emmanuell at the desk was a Godsend hooking me up with a prepaid cell phone when my phone didn't work in Kenya, switching my room when the A/C didn't work, arranging my transportation back to Mombasa, dropping me an email when I got home.... he went all out to see that I was doing well and I especially want to thank him publically! Also all of the staff from the chefs to the waiters to the bartenders to the room keepers to the security - everyone was very diligent in making sure you were comfortable, happy and secure... and on nights when we'd work everyone would ask around as to where we had been and that they missed us at dinner (including fellow guests that yu'd get used to seeing on a daly basis). I guess they don't get many business folks in there but the sentiment was touching and there was food and a couple of Tuskers waiting for us upon arrival. And while beverages were not inclusive in our package (beer, bottled water), the out of pocket expense was very reasonable in my opinion.

I enjoyed breakfast & dinner which were basic but very tasety! The views of the beach & Indian Ocean (in that regard Bayobab has the Mnarani as they're a bit more in-land) were amazing as was the tranquility of the grounds. The 9pm entertainment was interesting and enjoyable, and not too long that it would take away from personal plans. Also I'd say the Mnarani is more family oriented whereas Bayobab is much smaller and caters to a more mature clientelle, so consider that in your choice as well. Rooms were rustic but clean & comfortable. Admittedly I spent as much time outside as I could to enjoy the weather and the rooms.

I'm not sure if my travels will take me back to Kilifi, but I would be seeking the Bayobab to stay at, and give myself an extra day or two for liesure if I was going for business again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

From a locals perspective Baobab Lodge is one of those hotels that are great if you don't like crowds, it's our second visit and it's a public holiday weekend and the hotel is quiet- which may mean it's not on the top 10 which is true! The hotel is clean, has air-conditioned rooms

that are a nice size for families, a
fridge in each room, coffee making
facilities that was enough for us!
The beach is great and quiet in the
mornings. The suprizing thing about
the Baobab is the food, very simple and fresh produce is used, they definatly know how to make good
seafood and fish dishes-can
recommend the octopus! So if
you're on a tight budget this is a
hotel that will exceed your
expectations! Oh yes each guest
gets a free massage-not bad at all!

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Baobab Sea Lodge? Share your experiences!