“Great Place to stay for Business” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great Place to stay for Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

One of my favorite places to stay for business. Nice and courteous staff, open and well equipped gym and outstanding food and service in the concierge lounge.

I stay at many hotels and for the comfort and convenience, the welcoming staff and the gym I make sure I stay here every time I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here in October 2013 for business. No complaints! Everything seemed to be clean. The staff that I encountered was very nice. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant staff were very nice.

Glenn Dale, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am very shocked at the high reviews. this hotel should not bare the name Marriott. Went here during this Christmas week and would say this hotel is the worst Marriott hotel I have ever stayed in in my entire life! The only reason why I chose to give 2 stars instead of 1 is because the bed was so comfortable and I slept well.

The first day I checked in everything was great smooth check in. The next day the front desk call me to tell me my business reservation that my account was u re have not been paid! I called my company travel department and they said nothing was wrong!! It has been paid successfully! For two days they made me believe I would have to find another hotel as a backup. Then on the 2nd day the manager told me she doesn't know what happened and everything is fine. What? What kind of hotel is this? I stayed for one night and this is what she calls my room to tell me to then later take it back!!after that!!

Rude staff, cold, standoffish and just plain mean...it appears they may be want to be FBI agents as there was a cop in the hotel when the hotel was totally empty during Christmas Eve. At 1am Christmas morning while in a wonrful sleep we get a knock on the door! My husband and I was startled so we did not answer the door, my husband looked inside the peep hole and saw it was security. He never answered because we were suspicious about the knock and who would be knocking on the door at 1am!!!!!!! So we called the front desk and said there was someone who looked like security at the desk and the front desk agent replied "oh well they went to everyone's room and knocked to see if you had your doors locked" ... I said locked?? Isn't it already lock on its own and what kind of hotel does that???? Middle of the night knocks on the door....is this place unsafe??? My husband and I should have packed our bags and ran out of there that night!!! We were so tired the next day because of the lack of sleep. She never apologized for the late night wake up call or anything, just cold and rude people.

The room smelled like mildew, refridge but no microwave. Otherwise the room was good.

The day of Christmas was even worse. We decided to go to the breakfast buffet happy as can be we head downstairs to get Christmas breakfast. As we entered the cafe the staff was lethargic and dry no good morning greeting or merry Christmas greeting. The service was lousy. There was a nice lady who was from Philippines (cant remember her name)was a sweetheart but the rest of the staff was rude and even they started screaming at the kids playing!!!telling them to go to their parents and angry at the kids!! It's CHRISTMAS LET THE CHILDREN ENJOY CHRISTMAS!!

On the next day, One of the keys did not work so I called the front desk from the room and asked to a replacement key and the front desk worker ask that I confirm my address on the hotel room. I have her my address and she said she will bring up the key. Within 30 seconds I got a call and it was the same female she stated that the address that I gave her didn't match!!! I said what now?? It's the address that I have on my reservation, and I am the person in the room calling from the phone. I began to bring my drivers license but at that point I was so done with this hotel. This reject low level FBI stuff was getting under my skin.

Needless to say we will never ever stay there again and do not recommend anyone to stay there horrible stay and did not feel welcomed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here twice recently, and as a loyal Marriott member don't tolerate poor quality or bad service. I had occasion to bring two disturbing issues to the GM's attention, that were turned around quickly with the right attitude and answers. The GM and his staff made this hotel work for its quests. I felt wonderful staying there because it was great service all around, and the GM was one of the best I've found. The GM there would do anything it took to make his quests feel at home and happy. What a great Marriott!! Robert Knauer CEO of the Acquisition Institute Inc., and a loyal Marriott member for years.

Room Tip: Check in with the GM and his staff just to let them know who you are, and what you like and dislike...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've been staying for business at this hotel consistently and frequently over the last 2 years. From your arrival the staff treat customers as family. Whether in the Concierge Lounge, the lobby, Starbucks, restaurant, or the bar, I've been made to feel as if the staff and management are truly glad that I'm there. It's like the "Cheers" bar turned into a hotel. On the other hand, they are sensitive to people wanting to be left alone; I've never felt assaulted with attention.
The hotel itself is like the 'grande dame' of hotels. It is comfortable without being fussy; quiet; with a measure of luxury that's a step or 10 above more recently constructed hotels.
It has all of the conveniences expected of a business hotel; WIFI, a lobby "store," Starbucks, coffee in the room, and a Concierge lounge.
When things have gone wrong, as eventually and inevitably they will, the staff have responded effectively and immediately. They have gone out of their way to ensure that I'm satisfied, or that the problem has been solved and I have what I need. I have never felt abandoned to solve the problem myself.
This review is not based on one stay. I've stayed here once or twice a month for the last two+ years. I'm a frequent traveler with roughly 2 million flight miles and a commensurate number of nights in hotels. I have the choice of staying in almost countless hotels in the Capital region. You will not be disappointed in your stay here. And if you are, please make a point to tell Bill Long, the General Manager; he will want to know and to know why.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed there for a week, while my husband was attending a conference in Greenbelt. The hotel, although comfortable, did not cater for spouses. We were given a room on the third floor overlooking the car park. At my request, we were moved to the 18th floor which allowed us to witness the most wonderful sunset over the distant DC. Well worth it, and the wait for the lift was not that long!
The swimming pool was unfortunately closed on week days during the day (however, the pool attendant was charming and very chatty especially in French).
The front desk staff was most pleasant and polite but did not have any tourist information on DC to give out. I would have appreciated a map of the metro/bus and one of DC in colour rather than being given a black and white print from the computer!
The restaurant again had a very friendly staff, and the shuttle from the hotel to the metro station could not have been driven by more helpful and cheerful drivers. On one occasion, when the evening shuttle failed to pick me up on time from the metro station , the driver insisted on treating me with a bowl of soup and a warm drink upon arrival in the hotel. Much appreciated!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've stayed at this property many times over the past 20+ years. The exec lounge is hosted by Margarita (in the evening). She is incredibly thoughtful and accommodating. Ms. Dolly runs the lounge for breakfast, and she is attentive and helpful. Rooms are comfortable, consistent with Marriott standards. The hotel runs a shuttle to the nearby Greenbelt metro station, making this a good location for D.C. sightseeing access at a reasonable price. Booking ahead by a week or more usually yields a savings of $20+.

Room Tip: Choose rooms numbered between xx13 and xx20 to minimize traffic noise from I-495.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!