“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family stayed at the Greenbelt Marriott the weekend of May 18. We found it to be very comfortable, clean, had great amenities (restaurant, bar, fitness center, lobby) and would definitely stay there again. The hotel was sold out as many guests were there for graduations, but the service was still excellent and very prompt. It's in a great location and parking was no problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We traveled to Greenbelt for a friend's wedding. The reception was held at this hotel. The front desk staff was very nice- my room key deactivated, and they fixed it, I thought I accidentally purchased a movie, and they were super nice about checking to make sure there were no charges. When we first arrived, our fridge wasnt working, and we also had to contact the front desk about it, as well. We then discovered the coffee maker wasnt working- turns out the GFI outlet was tripped in the bathroom. Simple fix. The beds were super comfy, but I needed 2 pillows to be comfortable. One was way too flat. Otherwise, I slept well both nights. There was a bit of hall noise. We were on the 12th floor. One small complaint we had was that a block of rooms were reserved for the wedding guests, but they were scattered all over the hotel, which let to a lot of noise coming from the bridal party noise after quiet time. We did get a bunch of noise complaints the first night. If they would have put us all together, it would have made more sense. The reception was downstairs, the food was very good, however they were very slow to restock- h'ordourves were empty, they ran out of plates during the cocktail hour and were slow to refill buffet items. We also went to the bar at the hotel. it was very expensive for food and drinks, but I guess that is a hotel for you! Over all we had a really good trip, and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just spent two nights at this property in early May, and had a great experience. My wife is a very frequent Marriott guest, and this hotel is one of her favorites. We had a great rate for the Friday-Saturday night stay (and the parking is FREE - something you will NOT get at a downtown DC hotel)...the room rate was the best in the DC area...and, because it was a weekend, the Concierge Level Lounge was not open. Not a problem. Instead, the front desk people told us to enjoy the restaurant's breakfast at no charge. Breakfast was a wonderful buffet - freshly-made omelets, fresh waffles and pancakes, and the usual assortment of breakfast meats (very crisp bacon, thank you!), scrambled eggs, yogurts, fresh fruits and breads. The coffee was delicious and the orange juice freshly-squeezed. Our room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was quiet. On Saturday night, the hotel was hosting a prom, where they expected over 200 kids. They were ready. At the elevators were guards who ensured us the kids would not be allowed upstairs. And they weren't. We felt very safe here to say the least. Additionally, the Greenbelt Metro station was a three minute drive away...at the most! Left out of the hotel to the end of the street, another left and a right at the end of that street to the station's ample parking lot. (Google Maps had horrible directions...would have sent us on the Beltway to the next exit and all the way around to the station...). We found the staff to be very accommodating and very friendly. We had one issue with the AC unit, but a call to the front desk sent maintenance up right away. It was fixed within minutes. Thank you! We definitely will be back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. It was a breeze. Clean room, clean bedding, very comfortable bed. Loved my stay at this property. Everything and every one was awesome. I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days and enjoyed my stay, no complaints. Clean room, clean bedding, very comfortable bed, housekeeping didn't come to my room at all during my stay, but then realized I had left the Do Not Disturb sign on the outside of my door the entire weekend, no problem. Walls are not paper thin as I have experienced with other hotels. Check in was okay, not fast, but not too slow either, and front desk clerks were always pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late, check in was a breeze. Clearly has been updated or remodeled recently. Rooms were beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable. We had no issues with our room, so I have limited contact with the staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm a local (to Virginia) and I stayed here on business for one night. Very close to the Greenbelt metro station and right off the Washington Beltway (95S side), which made me think this would be an excellent hotel off the beaten path for D.C. tourists. The room was very nice and recently redone (see photos). A couple of nice surprises - Bath and Body Works shower products, a Marriott "Market" for snacks and incidentals right off the lobby, and a Starbucks on property. Desk area was VERY spacious for business travelers and the TV is a nice large flat-screen that you can adjust to make it viewable from wherever you are in the room. Lighting is generous, with reading lights above the beds. Plenty of floor space for luggage and larger families to spread their stuff out. Room service was speedy (my chicken sandwich arrived in just 15 minutes), but the portions were unreal - too large for me to finish in one sitting (there is a fridge in the room and a microwave in the "Market". Sink and rest of bath are separate, but the sink counters are small for a girl who has lots of toiletries. Only negative is that one elevator was out of service, which meant a little wait to get to the lobby or up to the room. Staff was very polite and attentive to guests. Definitely recommend this hotel, and I rarely stay at Marriott's.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!