“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Augusta, GA
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. It was a breeze. Clean room, clean bedding, very comfortable bed. Loved my stay at this property. Everything and every one was awesome. I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days and enjoyed my stay, no complaints. Clean room, clean bedding, very comfortable bed, housekeeping didn't come to my room at all during my stay, but then realized I had left the Do Not Disturb sign on the outside of my door the entire weekend, no problem. Walls are not paper thin as I have experienced with other hotels. Check in was okay, not fast, but not too slow either, and front desk clerks were always pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late, check in was a breeze. Clearly has been updated or remodeled recently. Rooms were beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable. We had no issues with our room, so I have limited contact with the staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm a local (to Virginia) and I stayed here on business for one night. Very close to the Greenbelt metro station and right off the Washington Beltway (95S side), which made me think this would be an excellent hotel off the beaten path for D.C. tourists. The room was very nice and recently redone (see photos). A couple of nice surprises - Bath and Body Works shower products, a Marriott "Market" for snacks and incidentals right off the lobby, and a Starbucks on property. Desk area was VERY spacious for business travelers and the TV is a nice large flat-screen that you can adjust to make it viewable from wherever you are in the room. Lighting is generous, with reading lights above the beds. Plenty of floor space for luggage and larger families to spread their stuff out. Room service was speedy (my chicken sandwich arrived in just 15 minutes), but the portions were unreal - too large for me to finish in one sitting (there is a fridge in the room and a microwave in the "Market". Sink and rest of bath are separate, but the sink counters are small for a girl who has lots of toiletries. Only negative is that one elevator was out of service, which meant a little wait to get to the lobby or up to the room. Staff was very polite and attentive to guests. Definitely recommend this hotel, and I rarely stay at Marriott's.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chester Springs, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were in town for a gymnastics competition and this hotel was great. We were able to check in before 4. The competition was over late Saturday night but the bar was still open and had a fairly substantial menu. There were about a dozen of us eating around 10 pm. As expected, service was slow at that time of night, but the servers were friendly and the food was good. Good variety from a delicious Maryland Crab soup to pizza to various desserts.

The room was fine although there really wasn't much of a view.

We opted for the Sunday brunch as we needed a substantial breakfast before Sunday's competition and we weren't disappointed. Fabulous omelet station, lots of fresh fruit, waffles, etc. everything you would expect.

We opted for a short walk after breakfast and found a nice walking trail in the adjoining business park - about 1 mile round trip I think, but it was nice with plenty of trees and flowers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently stayed here over a weekend for a conference. I arrived late on Friday night and was glad to be able to get a bite and a drink at the bar inside in the restaurant. The food and drink were good and the service was fine. My room was clean and nice, although the bathroom was small and the toilet and tub seemed pretty dated. Very comfy bed. They have a nice little Starbucks on site as well. Stay away from their little mini mart adjacent to the front desk unless the job is paying - they wanted $5.00 for a candy bar and a regular size bag of Frito's. And given the free wifi in the lobby they should have more electrical outlets near the seats. Overall, a pretty solid place. Not a "wow" experience, not chic, just solid. If you can find a cheap rate for this place it's definitely worth considering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff by the sea, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were very happy to arrive at this hotel after a long day. It’s on the way to DC. Not far, pretty fast trip if you are going during non-rush hour time periods.
We arrived late and the lobby was filled with kids, looked like athletic teams. The really pleasant guy at the desk gave us a room on a high floor away from kids. It was quiet and the room was nice. The bed was excellent, almost Ritz Carlton comfortable. It’s true that it’s a little dated, the bathrooms are small and plain, but it was perfect for a stay in which the focus wasn’t on the hotel. We had room service. The food was very good and came quickly. We had gotten a good rate and I was very happy with it. I believe that that Internet cost if you weren’t a higher level rewards member, but there’s free access in the lobby.
I always read reviews of hotels…this one might get some more negative press than it deserves…although I probably wouldn’t be that thrilled if the hotel were full and I was stuck next to loud groups. As it was, though, we enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors, away from groups (I guess that's a given)