“nice hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Chester Springs, PA
“nice hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were in town for a gymnastics competition and this hotel was great. We were able to check in before 4. The competition was over late Saturday night but the bar was still open and had a fairly substantial menu. There were about a dozen of us eating around 10 pm. As expected, service was slow at that time of night, but the servers were friendly and the food was good. Good variety from a delicious Maryland Crab soup to pizza to various desserts.

The room was fine although there really wasn't much of a view.

We opted for the Sunday brunch as we needed a substantial breakfast before Sunday's competition and we weren't disappointed. Fabulous omelet station, lots of fresh fruit, waffles, etc. everything you would expect.

We opted for a short walk after breakfast and found a nice walking trail in the adjoining business park - about 1 mile round trip I think, but it was nice with plenty of trees and flowers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently stayed here over a weekend for a conference. I arrived late on Friday night and was glad to be able to get a bite and a drink at the bar inside in the restaurant. The food and drink were good and the service was fine. My room was clean and nice, although the bathroom was small and the toilet and tub seemed pretty dated. Very comfy bed. They have a nice little Starbucks on site as well. Stay away from their little mini mart adjacent to the front desk unless the job is paying - they wanted $5.00 for a candy bar and a regular size bag of Frito's. And given the free wifi in the lobby they should have more electrical outlets near the seats. Overall, a pretty solid place. Not a "wow" experience, not chic, just solid. If you can find a cheap rate for this place it's definitely worth considering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff by the sea, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were very happy to arrive at this hotel after a long day. It’s on the way to DC. Not far, pretty fast trip if you are going during non-rush hour time periods.
We arrived late and the lobby was filled with kids, looked like athletic teams. The really pleasant guy at the desk gave us a room on a high floor away from kids. It was quiet and the room was nice. The bed was excellent, almost Ritz Carlton comfortable. It’s true that it’s a little dated, the bathrooms are small and plain, but it was perfect for a stay in which the focus wasn’t on the hotel. We had room service. The food was very good and came quickly. We had gotten a good rate and I was very happy with it. I believe that that Internet cost if you weren’t a higher level rewards member, but there’s free access in the lobby.
I always read reviews of hotels…this one might get some more negative press than it deserves…although I probably wouldn’t be that thrilled if the hotel were full and I was stuck next to loud groups. As it was, though, we enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors, away from groups (I guess that's a given)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the overall appearance of this hotel was very good. Check in was easy and the desk agent was very nice. The room was modern, comfortable and nicely decorated. There is also a pool and jacuzzi near the courtyard of the hotel. For some reason, only the 1st floor rooms have mini fridges in them. We found this to be disappointing, since we were placed in a room that was directly across from a door leading to the courtyard outside. The door could be heard slamming shut all day and night and was so powerful that it shook the walls of our room each time. This was frustrating, but we stuck with the room we had due to the fact that we had already settled in and would only be in the room to sleep. We mentioned the noisy door upon checkout, but were just told "Sorry about that" by the desk clerk. She then offered us breakfast, which we thought was some sort of peace offering for the noise keeping us up at night, but upon going to the lobby "cafe" we discovered that the breakfast was an extra charge and a pretty expensive one. Needless to say, we left disappointed, but overall we had a decent stay.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for a banquet event sponsored by a local government. The check in was easy and the room was clean and ready. We had an issue with the hair dryer when we were getting ready and a simple call to the front desk had us a replacement in 5 minutes. Bar staff was friendly and the dinner provided for the banquet was amazing.
The next morning I took advantage of the breakfast buffet. It was good but a little pricy. Checkout was seamless. I'd stay here again and recommend it for anyone who needs a clean and safe hotel in PG county. This is right next to the beltway and parkway as well. Metro isn't that far either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sicklerville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Sorry this review is so late.
I stayed at the Green Belt Marriott over the Memorial Day weekend 2012 for a wedding. The hotel is very nice and the lobby is beautiful with the waterfall feature. For those that are Starbucks fans, they have one in the lobby, but they close early around noon (at least on Sunday).
Our room was very nice, comfortable and clean. The one issue I had was that there was only a mirror on the closet doors and in the bathroom. While my husband was taking his shower, I had to use the mirrors on the closet doors to put on my makeup, but the lighting was non-existent. There was no light in that area and it was dark. If there was a mirror over the desk that would have worked a little better and I could have used the light from the window. That is one of my gripes about the room the lighting situation. The other gripe is that there are no vents in the bathroom, so the bathroom stays very steamy after a shower and I don’t use very hot water. Other than that, the room was very comfortable.
The room for the wedding was very nice. I must comment on the chairs as they were very nice, but the seats were very small and the chairs were setup very close to the next person. I was basically thigh to thigh with a man I didn’t know and that was a bit weird. Luckily, we ended up having a chair that was empty in our row so I moved down one space and actually had to sit on the one chair and part of the other and I am not a big girl! I got lucky with the seating situation, but everyone else who had a full row looked very uncomfortable. The room was a little warm for my liking and I am always the cold one anywhere we go.
The reception was nice and the servers were very good and attentive. The food was excellent! For our main course we were served chicken, salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious.
There was another wedding the same day as the one I attended and the hotel seemed to manage both events very well.
I would stay at this hotel again as it was very convenient right off the highway and they were about 5 minutes from a nice diner ( I forget the name), Chipotle, and a shopping area. Overall, it was a good solid stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cranford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The service was excellent. The fitness center offers a great deal more than other Marriott properties in teh area. The Staff is ready to accomdate your every need! (Concierge Lounge, Front Desk) - They are on the top of their game! Always willing and ready to assist!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!