“Excellent stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
“Excellent stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for a banquet event sponsored by a local government. The check in was easy and the room was clean and ready. We had an issue with the hair dryer when we were getting ready and a simple call to the front desk had us a replacement in 5 minutes. Bar staff was friendly and the dinner provided for the banquet was amazing.
The next morning I took advantage of the breakfast buffet. It was good but a little pricy. Checkout was seamless. I'd stay here again and recommend it for anyone who needs a clean and safe hotel in PG county. This is right next to the beltway and parkway as well. Metro isn't that far either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sicklerville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Sorry this review is so late.
I stayed at the Green Belt Marriott over the Memorial Day weekend 2012 for a wedding. The hotel is very nice and the lobby is beautiful with the waterfall feature. For those that are Starbucks fans, they have one in the lobby, but they close early around noon (at least on Sunday).
Our room was very nice, comfortable and clean. The one issue I had was that there was only a mirror on the closet doors and in the bathroom. While my husband was taking his shower, I had to use the mirrors on the closet doors to put on my makeup, but the lighting was non-existent. There was no light in that area and it was dark. If there was a mirror over the desk that would have worked a little better and I could have used the light from the window. That is one of my gripes about the room the lighting situation. The other gripe is that there are no vents in the bathroom, so the bathroom stays very steamy after a shower and I don’t use very hot water. Other than that, the room was very comfortable.
The room for the wedding was very nice. I must comment on the chairs as they were very nice, but the seats were very small and the chairs were setup very close to the next person. I was basically thigh to thigh with a man I didn’t know and that was a bit weird. Luckily, we ended up having a chair that was empty in our row so I moved down one space and actually had to sit on the one chair and part of the other and I am not a big girl! I got lucky with the seating situation, but everyone else who had a full row looked very uncomfortable. The room was a little warm for my liking and I am always the cold one anywhere we go.
The reception was nice and the servers were very good and attentive. The food was excellent! For our main course we were served chicken, salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious.
There was another wedding the same day as the one I attended and the hotel seemed to manage both events very well.
I would stay at this hotel again as it was very convenient right off the highway and they were about 5 minutes from a nice diner ( I forget the name), Chipotle, and a shopping area. Overall, it was a good solid stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cranford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The service was excellent. The fitness center offers a great deal more than other Marriott properties in teh area. The Staff is ready to accomdate your every need! (Concierge Lounge, Front Desk) - They are on the top of their game! Always willing and ready to assist!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

beautiful hotel....clean, friendly staff, nice indoor pool, this place has everything....only one problem...food and drink prices are so high (13.50 for a 3 egg omlet, 14.50 for a burger, 18.05 p.p. for breakfast buffet, 4.00 for a bottle of soda etc..). best thing to do is order food or buy food and put in frig in room..........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town for pres. Inauguration and that hotel was chosen for us. The best thing I can say about that hotel that 2 of the staff members were outstanding. My stay and my co-worker's stay was horrible for a Marriott. I mean I know the Marriott is not the top of the line, but some of the things were ridiculous. First off we had bed buds and when the maintenance man ask to move us, he was told there were no more rooms. So he changed the mattress but he could not change the box spring because they did not have anymore. The room smelled of Mildew, we Continuously sprayed air freshers. When we tryed to get air we got heat and when we tryed to heat we got air. That went on the whole stay which was 3 days. The shower head had trickles of water coming out and when I tried to adjust it, the water started shooting out the top and into the vent above it and hitting the ceiling. The fridge didn't work right either, it took a whole day for my soda to get cold. After speaking to someone at the front desk about the bed bugs, we were given a continental breakfast for the next morning. Considering we had been up half the night and had an early morning the next day was basically an insult. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and I will say this was one of the worst. Some of the staff did try but they're working with limited resources. That hotel is so out dated. I also had a problem with the downstairs restaurant being the only place close by to eat. Which was so expensive, I paid almost 11.00 USC for a plain Caesar salad. I mean really it wasn't even a good one. I am so surprise at this hotel calling themselves a Marriott. I can tell you ,what never ever again. This hotel gets 1 star from us. Signed disappointed GM

• Stayed January 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Greenbelt Marriott hotel was the best choice for traveling to the various destinations planned for the weekend. The main area is welcoming and the staff was very pleasant. The room was large enough to accommodate three adults. Our top floor room gave a lovely view of both the soothing sunset and energizing sunrise and the beautiful greenery around the property is a bonus I must say. One can stay connected with complimentary wireless Internet access in the lobby.
Because of our stay at the Marriott we had a lovely weekend as it provides access to the DC Metro Area including BWI Airport and Reagan National Airport. The BW Parkway provides a straight route to Washington DC and Baltimore. College Park is basically right around the corner if you want some nightlife lift up.
This hotel is actually an ideal place for conferences with spacious guest rooms offering style and innovation. The on-site restaurants feature stylish decor and twists on modern American classics for an upscale dining experience.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms give the added benefit of a lovely view the lush greenery around the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Laurel,Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently. Good and convenient location, but nothing great that shouts out to you. Front desk crew not efficient, provide wrong information and don't think twice about it. Room walls are very thin, so you can hear what goes on in adjoining rooms, which is quite disturbing. Bathrooms are very small,so difficult to even move about.Old building,needs some serious renovation. We normally stay at the Sheraton North Washington, which is good. Tried this facility for the first time and it is the last time too. Disappointed with Marriott standards, though have lived at better Marriotts before. For staying in the MD-DC area, would recommend other hotels.

Room Tip: Select anothe Hotel, if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!