“i would stay there again...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“i would stay there again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

beautiful hotel....clean, friendly staff, nice indoor pool, this place has everything....only one problem...food and drink prices are so high (13.50 for a 3 egg omlet, 14.50 for a burger, 18.05 p.p. for breakfast buffet, 4.00 for a bottle of soda etc..). best thing to do is order food or buy food and put in frig in room..........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town for pres. Inauguration and that hotel was chosen for us. The best thing I can say about that hotel that 2 of the staff members were outstanding. My stay and my co-worker's stay was horrible for a Marriott. I mean I know the Marriott is not the top of the line, but some of the things were ridiculous. First off we had bed buds and when the maintenance man ask to move us, he was told there were no more rooms. So he changed the mattress but he could not change the box spring because they did not have anymore. The room smelled of Mildew, we Continuously sprayed air freshers. When we tryed to get air we got heat and when we tryed to heat we got air. That went on the whole stay which was 3 days. The shower head had trickles of water coming out and when I tried to adjust it, the water started shooting out the top and into the vent above it and hitting the ceiling. The fridge didn't work right either, it took a whole day for my soda to get cold. After speaking to someone at the front desk about the bed bugs, we were given a continental breakfast for the next morning. Considering we had been up half the night and had an early morning the next day was basically an insult. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and I will say this was one of the worst. Some of the staff did try but they're working with limited resources. That hotel is so out dated. I also had a problem with the downstairs restaurant being the only place close by to eat. Which was so expensive, I paid almost 11.00 USC for a plain Caesar salad. I mean really it wasn't even a good one. I am so surprise at this hotel calling themselves a Marriott. I can tell you ,what never ever again. This hotel gets 1 star from us. Signed disappointed GM

• Stayed January 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Greenbelt Marriott hotel was the best choice for traveling to the various destinations planned for the weekend. The main area is welcoming and the staff was very pleasant. The room was large enough to accommodate three adults. Our top floor room gave a lovely view of both the soothing sunset and energizing sunrise and the beautiful greenery around the property is a bonus I must say. One can stay connected with complimentary wireless Internet access in the lobby.
Because of our stay at the Marriott we had a lovely weekend as it provides access to the DC Metro Area including BWI Airport and Reagan National Airport. The BW Parkway provides a straight route to Washington DC and Baltimore. College Park is basically right around the corner if you want some nightlife lift up.
This hotel is actually an ideal place for conferences with spacious guest rooms offering style and innovation. The on-site restaurants feature stylish decor and twists on modern American classics for an upscale dining experience.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms give the added benefit of a lovely view the lush greenery around the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Laurel,Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently. Good and convenient location, but nothing great that shouts out to you. Front desk crew not efficient, provide wrong information and don't think twice about it. Room walls are very thin, so you can hear what goes on in adjoining rooms, which is quite disturbing. Bathrooms are very small,so difficult to even move about.Old building,needs some serious renovation. We normally stay at the Sheraton North Washington, which is good. Tried this facility for the first time and it is the last time too. Disappointed with Marriott standards, though have lived at better Marriotts before. For staying in the MD-DC area, would recommend other hotels.

Room Tip: Select anothe Hotel, if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been coming to this Marriott since 2008 and all of my stay has always been a great experience. The hotel has gone through several renovations to include lobby area, rooms, and the gym. The gym initially was small but after the renovation has gone through a major change to include free weights, treadmills, and other fitness equipment. The rooms are always kept nice and clean. The hotel overall provides all the amenities to include a bar, restaurant, and starbucks. Even though I've never used the conference rooms, I noticed there are always conferences and meetings always in session. So, I assume they know how to best support these types of functions. Another nice feature of the hotel is the free parking. This makes it an affordable place to stay specially that it's near a metro stop for an easy DC downtown trip, The hotel and amenities are always in great condition. However, what makes up the hotel are the professional staff that makes it a very pleasant place to stay at this hotel. The staff is friendly, extremely professional, and always willing to accommodate a demanding business traveller such as myself. As you enter the hotel, the front desk to the right will greet you as if you're coming back to the hotel you own. They will take the time to ensure you check in with confidence that you are going to have a wonderful stay. They are always smiling and so pleasant to work with specially after a 6 hour flight. It really provides you a sense of comfort that you are going to be well taken care of the next few days will be there. The hotel restaurant is great for a quiet meal with some great options. However, I prefer the bar area in which is well staffed with another set of people providing great customer service. The servers in the bar are extremely friendly, helpful, and attentive. The food is surprisingly good for bar food and their selection of well drinks, wine, and beer is well stocked. They are open late which makes it a great place to wind down without leaving the hotel specially during a rainy or cold night. I happen to be a Marriott elite member which gives me access to the concierge lounge. I believe this is probably one of the best lounges that I ever visited. I believe the Greenbelt Marriott's philosophy is based on providing excellent customer service. It is apparent that each individual staff takes great pride on the work they do. Everyone is smiling and it always feels that they are always trying to improve in all areas to make the customer experience like no other. I commend the leadership of this hotel and the service they provide to us travelers on a daily basis.

Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My llast stay at the Marriott Greenbelt this past January 3 and 4 was amazingly pleasant and acommodating. As I arrived from a red-eye early on the morning of Janaury 2, I was immediately checked into my room and provided with a complimentary beverage. The staff was gracious and validating. They actually sang "Happy Birthday" to me on returning to the hotel after a day of work. That was so great!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime, for any event. And, by the way, the food (Room Service) was prompt and delicious.

Apex, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you don't have other options in the area, stay at this hotel. We stayed as part of a sports tournament and were forced to stay at this hotel as part of playing in the tournament (teams are assigned to "partner" hotels). The biggest problem is that the facility is outdated. There are 3 elevators for 18 floors! There is always a long wait for the elevator and the elevators are TINY. Rooms are small (had a 2 double) with our 2 kids. Partial updates have been made to rooms including HDTV and dark wood headboards which are nice. However, other areas are showing age, the wallpaper, paint, carpet, and bathroom. The shower head is extremely low. I am 5'11" and my nose touched the end of the shower head, I had to duck to wash my hair. One day, no towels were left for our room. We had to call the desk twice before we finally received towels an hour later. As for the Starbucks, they do not accept coupons from the Starbucks brand. We had bags from brewing Starbucks at home which are good for a free tall brewed coffee. They refused to accept the bag and explained that since they are contracted through the hotel and are not a direct Starbucks they do not accept deals. Wifi in rooms costs $13 per day. Really? In 2012 you are still charging for wifi that is silly and that alone would have us stay at another property if we could do so. When we checked in, they had us checking in the night prior - we had called to confirm that we would be checking in the day after most of our team due to our schedule. All items were taken care of in the end, so our stay was acceptable but we would never choose to stay here if we could select a different team hotel.

We did have friends on another team who were placed on the 3rd floor where the HVAC system broke and the temperature was 86 degrees on the floor. They were sweating from the walk to the room. Went to the desk to ask for a floor change and they were told the hotel could not help, they would have to stay in the assigned room. They checked out immediately and changed to a better hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you have a choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!