“Affordable. Clean rooms.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Collingwood, Canada
“Affordable. Clean rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here on a summer trip to visit Washington D.C. This was a very affordable option and the drive into the city daily wasn't bad as long as you didn't hit traffic. The staff was friendly on our arrival. We checked in and went up to our room and the door was unlocked and open. My husband called down immediately and they apologized and gave us another room on the same floor (which was nice since we didn't have to carry our luggage up and down again). The room was nice, and clean. You could tell a half-reno had been done to the bathroom, showers still seemed older. The decor seemed fresh and new and clean.

Cons: The pool area seemed dirty while we were there and didn't have very long hours. There were no towels around the pool area like they said their would be. We saw many people looking around for them. Finally someone figured out that the guy sitting pool-side watching something on his laptop worked there and asked him for more towels.

Pros: Friendly front desk and cleaning staff, free coffee, hot chocolate and tea machine in the lobby (which broke during out stay, but the days it was working it was a really nice bonus!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Winter fp11:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so sorry that there were no towels for our Seasonal Pool when you were here. We have brought to the pool supervisor's attention.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your room and the service of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon, thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a very clean hotel. the staff here was very friendly.. housekeeping was okay. the restaurant staff is very friendly. There is a shopping center across the street within walking distance. Overall I enjoyed my stay here. the shuttle guy in the morning was awesome.

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear MissLaddy:
Thank you for such a wonderful review about our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for a night while visiting my friends after a mud run. I got a steal for $56 on Priceline. It was really clean and affordable. The free coffee, friendly staff and nice bar were really impressive. I didn't get to eat at the restaurant but it looked nice and affordable. A woman was walking out w/ a plate she got from breakfast and it looked tasty! I would definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come back to see us again very soon.
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Everytime I visit the DC area I stay at this hotel. They know me very time I stay there. The service is impeccable. Chris the manager is awesome. He is extremely accommodating and he always makes sure that I am taken care of.

The hotel is very convenient. There is a shopping center within walking distance or a short ride. If they don't have what you need, another mall is 5 minutes down the road.

The rooms are large and extremely clean. The pool is nice and relaxing. I have never had an unpleasant experience there. I cannot wait until my next trip down there. Keep up the good work guys

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I got a great deal staying in this hotel. I booked this hotel through hotwire but wouldn't mind paying the full price and when my family comes in the fall, this is definitely where I would recommend them staying. I've lived in the DC/MD area for about four years now. The only reason I booked a hotel for the weekend is because I work in a hospital in DC that requires me to show up within an hour of calling me to come in (On-call). So, since I live so far away and can't make it to the hospital in an hour, I have to book a hotel whenever I'm on-call. This hotel is on the outskirts of DC but very close to the city and once more, you're also close to the beltway (495). I work with many people who live in this area and work in DC. The parking is free (which is very much appreciated especially when you're living in this area) and from what the website says, it's close to the metro station. I haven't been to the Greenbelt metro yet so if you're planning to take the metro going into DC I would check first if parking is available. Although shuttle service is also available through the hotel (I think). Anyway, once you're in a metro, you can go pretty much anywhere in DC/MD/VA area, see sites like the National Mall and even go to VA and airports like BWI and Dulles. These may take longer of course since it's pubic transportation.

Back to the hotel...The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. The staff is friendly. Free coffee/hot chocolate/tea in the lobby. Easy check in. Internet works fast and very easy to connect. Cable TV in the rooms. My room had a king bed, desk, comfy chair with ottoman, fridge, microwave, and coffee machine (which I told is included in ALL the rooms) and a good-sized bathroom. Quiet and there's a restaurant downstairs in their lobby. There's also a pool downstairs and I was told that an Ihop is close by. Would definitely stay here again. It's a great room at a great price. Safe area too. and once more, the hotel is tucked away so although it's close to the main street and the I495, you need not worry about walking late at night from your car to your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon .
Valby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Holiday inn always seems to deliver. I have been lucky to get many times using hotwire and always its a positive experience.

Rooms are spacious and clean, staff nice and the buildings in good standard.

Its a safe pick, and this place also.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you continue to enjoy staying with us.
Thank you for being a loyal guest.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times. This is the only hotel I stay in Prince George's County because of the questionable areas in the county. There may be better hotels, but my first stay was very good, so I continue to return. The beds and rooms are comfortable. My only problem with the room is the lighting. They need more lighting for those who are there on business.

I don't know if it is a language issue or not, but it's a hit or miss regarding the quality of service at the front desk.

I've eaten dinner at the restaurant during each of my stays. The food is good and reasonably. priced.

If you drive to hotel, be ready to be confused with the traffic circle. Although they have Holiday Inn signs, for some reason, navigating the last 1-1/2 is always difficult.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad that you enjoy staying with us and keep coming back. If you are having issues with the lighting let us know, and we can get you an extra lamp. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD? Share your experiences!