“Friendly staff, efficient service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly staff, efficient service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently because it is convenient to work. We are greeted by name by everyone from the front desk to the woman who cleans our room. We usually get the same room because my husband requests it.

The hotel provides free Wi-Fi, which I certainly find convenient so that I can use my laptop computer at the desk in the room. There is also a business center with three computers if one needs to print documents, send or receive a fax, etc.

The fitness center is adequate. The pool is nice in the summer and has a lifeguard when it is open. The food at the attached Willy-the-K’s restaurant/sports bar is good. One can eat breakfast at the buffet or order from the menu. (The buffet includes fresh fruit, juice, milk, cereals, pastries, eggs, meats, french toast, oatmeal, and some other hot items, but is not extensive. It is fine for me because I do not wish to overeat at breakfast. Lunch and dinner offer soups, appetizers, sandwiches and entrees. Yes, it is not a five-star gourmet restaurant, but the food is fine. I especially like the chicken quesadilla and the Maryland crab soup. The breakfast staff also greet us by name. When I recently had laryngitis, the server brought me tea with lemon and honey for my throat.

The staff keeps the rooms clean, and responds quickly to any requests or complaints. For example, when I reported that the hair dryer clip had broken, engineering arrived within a few minutes to replace the unit.

My only complaint is that when the hotel remodeled the bathrooms with granite countertops, they removed towel bars from the bathroom. While I can hang a bath towel on the hook behind the door, I must leave hand towels and wash clothes on the vanity – not hung up after use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty to Holiday Inn Greenbelt. We are so glad that you enjoy our staff and service. We will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rhinebeck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a stopover on the way to Washington DC from the North. The room was very nice; the property is either fairly new or recently remodeled. Flat screen TV. Best feature was the shower -- great water pressure and adjustable settings including massage. Had the breakfast buffet only because they comped us; it was just a step above the free breakfast at H.I. Express, and next time I expect I'll go out of hotel to eat. But the comp story is a good one: They didn't have a king room; only had double queen and comped us two breakfasts which most places wouldn't do. Paid $103 for the room which was an excellent value for the area and quality on this date.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed some of the extras that Holiday Inn Greenbelt has to offer. One of the new things that you spoke of Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one-night stay before an admitted students event at the Univ. of Maryland. I booked mostly based on price and proximity. Front desk staff members were friendly and welcoming. The room was fine and the beds seemed to be newer, although the walls were pretty thin. Bathroom was tiny, but had been updated. The heater/AC unit was older and so noisy and hard to control (too hot!) that we turned it off--might be a bigger issue in summer, but we were fine with it off in colder weather. Be warned that the breakfast buffet is NOT included in the rate, even though the offerings look like the usual free breakfast spread found in Holiday Inn Express and other similar hotel chains. This was not marked clearly anywhere and there was no one around the dining room to ask when we arrived, so we ended up paying $21 for 2 people for a very mediocre breakfast, and we hardly ate anything. Another guest also didn't realize it wasn't included, grabbed a box of cereal, milk, and coffee, and went back to his room--the hotel really needs to make the price clear somewhere or have someone stationed at the front of the dining room at peak times. We wouldn't have eaten there if we'd known the price ahead of time. Go to the Silver Diner instead! Wifi was free but very slow and I ended up not using it much based on the slow speed. If my son enrolls at UMD we might return based solely on price, but I will look for deals elsewhere, too. It might be cheaper to find a hotel that has slightly higher rates but includes breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the Holiday Inn Greenbelt. We are very glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to address the heating and air conditioning with our maintenance staff. I have addressed your concerns about the breakfast cost with both the front desk and the restaurant so that it can be more clearly understood that breakfast is not included in all rates. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again if you need to be at The University of Maryland.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Greenbelt Holiday Inn is a great place to stay, once you figure where it is located. There are plenty of places to have dinner and shopping centers close by.

The freeway entrance to both Baltimore and Washington DC are very near, as long as you know which one to take.

The staff is very professional and the house keeping staff was very thoughtful and very good.

Although the walls were kind of thin, so you can hear the guest next door.

There was plenty of free parking.

I will stay there again if I should come back to Washington DC.

Room Tip: Study the maps on the internet and learn how to get around.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry that the routes around the area are a bit confusing. The front desk is always glad to help with directions whether you are coming in or have already arrived. We hope that now that you know where we are that you will come back and see us again soon.
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose this Holiday Inn because we were unable to get a good value in Silver Spring, where we stayed previously when visiting our daughter, who attends the Univ. of Maryland. Pleased to get a great price, and to find that the area was a safe one, as we were not familiar with the area. There are quite a few restaurants nearby. The king bed was very comfortable, and there was a good desk/workspace, although the Internet service was a bit slow. The bathroom was small, and the bathroom door almost scraped the toilet, but the bathroom facilities were up-to-date and clean, with quality amenities (soaps, etc.). The coffee in the coffee-maker near the lobby was exceptional - but breakfast in the morning was average - my oatmeal was great, but my husband had cold scrambled eggs (obviously not freshly made).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to the restaurant so that they make sure that the eggs are always fresh. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon since we are a mere 5 miles from the University of Maryland campus. Thank you for staying with us and writing such a positive review.
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed and this Holiday Inn two weeks in a row for a training, Mr. Efrem at the Front Desk was very professional and helpful, Although I was not acknowledge as PC member the 1st week, on the 2nd week Mrs. Andra did acknowledge my membership. Clean and spacious rooms. Doris and all the housekeeping staff I talked to during my stay were great! The Restaurant is not the best, great staff and very polite! but the food quality was not good.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the dumpsters (on the side of the hotel).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review, we work hard to take care of all of our guests and we appreciate it when our valued guests go out of their way to acknowledge this. We hope that you will come back to stay with us the next time that you are in the area.
Kingsland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice but the bar/rest is great. Great food, great prices and the staff makes it a friendly environment. I travel every week. Its nice to have a rest/bar in the hotel to relax. Thank you Lisa (manager) for the hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you staying with us and for taking the time to post your glowing review about our Willy K's restaurant. Lisa was very pleased that you were well taken of We hope that you will come back and stay with us again, anc let us know what you think of the new menu items. Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD? Share your experiences!