“OK place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Mentone, Alabama
“OK place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel has seen some better days. They worked on updating the rooms. The internet is terrible. If internet is important to you. Do not stay here. We have stayed here several times due to Priceline winning bid. If it was not for Priceline, I would not stay here. The best thing about the Hotel is the hot chocolate in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are sorry for the trouble you had with the Internet service. We welcome any guest having troubles with their stay to ask to speak with a manager on duty while visiting. We always strive to provide the best service and accommodations.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Late arrival, early departure, pretty good breakfast. The government crowd dominates the clientele. The building is a bit stale, but functional. Walls in my room on first floor were paper thin (I thought the guest next door was coughing in my ear at 3:00 am, when he was clearly not!). A functional stay but I really wouldn't go out of my way to stay here in future.

Room Tip: The wing by the office/reception on the main floor has stale rooms with paper-thin walls. perhaps th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Sorry for the trouble with the noise in the neighboring room.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for 2 nights and it was pretty average. The floor on the bathroom was not very clean, and there was obvious stain marks that should have been scrubbed off. I wasn't impressed overall with the cleanliness of the hotel. It was updated and included cute decorations and furniture, so the atmosphere of the rooms was good. Also, the fitness area was located in the lower level and it felt very secluded and somewhat creepy down there. For the money, it wasn't bad, and was close enough to DC to easily travel in and out. There was also a nice plaza literally around the corner which had a Starbucks, food, and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the cleanliness of your room and welcome guests to notify our manager on duty with any troubles during their stay.
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last week while on business.

Check-in, even with our group of eight people, was quick and painless. The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful.

My room was nice sized with an adequate desk and good chair. The bathroom was a bit tight. The room was clean.

As I was checking out, a housekeeper came running by with an iPad cord trying to catch the guest before they left. I think she went above and beyond what I would have expected. I'll definitely stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments about your experience with us. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and accommodations. Thank you for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Holiday Inn at Greenbelt, MD is your typical Holiday Inn. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful (although he looked about 16 and couldn't find a working stapler). The staff was quick to bring in an extra bed for me when I joined two others for a night's stay before a conference next door. The room was cramped, but pleasant with all the usual amenities, plus some. The shower was fine, the towels fresh and white, the toiletries small...average all around. They do offer WiFi in the rooms, which was a great help, and you can use the computer and printer in the business center - minus a working stapler - which was very helpful. It looked like there were international travelers coming and going to BWI airport, so they probably have a shuttle. There is a pool, too, but we did not get to use it. The air conditioning was too cold one for of us, not cold enough for another, and ok for me...!

The major problem we had during our stay was the restaurant - which is really a sports bar called Willy K's. It was not very busy but for some reason, it took almost an hour to get our dinners served. The waitress was not helpful, even when she tried to be and the whole meal was barely edible by some. Other guests present were mostly drinkers who were watching football games, dressed in their team jerseys - and were having a very good time. But for us staid older ladies, it was a bit of a bust.

When we complained about the service and the meal, we were given breakfast coupons, which helped to make up for the terrible service and mediocre food. So how badly can one screw up breakfast? We didn't have the time to waste to find out and opted for the minimally inviting breakfast bar!

Usually I rave about where I have been. Couldn't do it this time. For a one night stay for a conference, it was fine. But I would look elsewhere if you want more than average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your conference. We are sorry for the service and food at the restaurant and have brought your concerns to the attention of the restaurant manager. We are very pleased that our Guest Service Attendants provided excellent service, as we strive to provide excellent service and amenities.
Sierra Nevada Foothills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed just one night for a business trip, flying into BWI for meetings in downtown DC. I was looking for a good value in between these two points, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. The reasonable room rate and free parking made it well worth being a bit outside DC.

I arrived late (close to midnight) and the front desk checked me in quickly and professionally. Upon discovering my reserved king bed room was not available, I received a two doubles room, an apology, and a coupon for a free breakfast.

The hotel property is a bit dated, but has been refurbished fairly recently. My room, although not large, was very clean and attractively furnished. The beds were very comfortable with nice sheets and a selection of firm and soft pillows. The large TV worked well and the bathroom was clean, with a nice sink and a good hot shower.

The hot breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations, and I was quickly on my way to work. The commute on a Thursday morning took about an hour into downtown DC.

Bottom line: I will stay here again for a similar trip. A similar hotel in DC would be at least twice as expensive. It is a solid value for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms up high and away from the highway would be the quietest, although my 4th floor room over the p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed our service and accommodations and look forward to your return. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations for all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was here for a couple weeks and was very happy that they accepted my Entertainment card. The rates at this hotel are lower than its competitors yet the accommodations are still quite suitable for business travel purposes. Front desk was very competent. The few times I let housekeeping tidy up the room I was impressed in how they chose which things to reorganize and which to leave alone. For example, they didn't replace the extra pillows I discarded when they made the bed. I believe they remodeled a few years ago, so most things were in good shape. At night, I generally could not hear any of the other guests. What is most lacking at this hotel is the restaurant/bar. My chicken burger was dry and burned. Fries overly salted. Check was not picked up for 15 minutes. The bar is just full of classless testosterone pumped dudes watching sports which might be typical of most hotels, but the cops had to be called when a few guys got drunk and/or belligerent. The area smelled like vomit also. I have more fun watching tv and drinking in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your two week stay in the area. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay. We have notified the restaurant manager of your troubles in the restaurant. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Free Parking, M...
Mid-range, Pool...
Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Business, Mid-r...
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD? Share your experiences!