“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Clayton, NC
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last week while on business.

Check-in, even with our group of eight people, was quick and painless. The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful.

My room was nice sized with an adequate desk and good chair. The bathroom was a bit tight. The room was clean.

As I was checking out, a housekeeper came running by with an iPad cord trying to catch the guest before they left. I think she went above and beyond what I would have expected. I'll definitely stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments about your experience with us. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and accommodations. Thank you for staying with us.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Holiday Inn at Greenbelt, MD is your typical Holiday Inn. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful (although he looked about 16 and couldn't find a working stapler). The staff was quick to bring in an extra bed for me when I joined two others for a night's stay before a conference next door. The room was cramped, but pleasant with all the usual amenities, plus some. The shower was fine, the towels fresh and white, the toiletries small...average all around. They do offer WiFi in the rooms, which was a great help, and you can use the computer and printer in the business center - minus a working stapler - which was very helpful. It looked like there were international travelers coming and going to BWI airport, so they probably have a shuttle. There is a pool, too, but we did not get to use it. The air conditioning was too cold one for of us, not cold enough for another, and ok for me...!

The major problem we had during our stay was the restaurant - which is really a sports bar called Willy K's. It was not very busy but for some reason, it took almost an hour to get our dinners served. The waitress was not helpful, even when she tried to be and the whole meal was barely edible by some. Other guests present were mostly drinkers who were watching football games, dressed in their team jerseys - and were having a very good time. But for us staid older ladies, it was a bit of a bust.

When we complained about the service and the meal, we were given breakfast coupons, which helped to make up for the terrible service and mediocre food. So how badly can one screw up breakfast? We didn't have the time to waste to find out and opted for the minimally inviting breakfast bar!

Usually I rave about where I have been. Couldn't do it this time. For a one night stay for a conference, it was fine. But I would look elsewhere if you want more than average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your conference. We are sorry for the service and food at the restaurant and have brought your concerns to the attention of the restaurant manager. We are very pleased that our Guest Service Attendants provided excellent service, as we strive to provide excellent service and amenities.
Sierra Nevada Foothills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed just one night for a business trip, flying into BWI for meetings in downtown DC. I was looking for a good value in between these two points, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. The reasonable room rate and free parking made it well worth being a bit outside DC.

I arrived late (close to midnight) and the front desk checked me in quickly and professionally. Upon discovering my reserved king bed room was not available, I received a two doubles room, an apology, and a coupon for a free breakfast.

The hotel property is a bit dated, but has been refurbished fairly recently. My room, although not large, was very clean and attractively furnished. The beds were very comfortable with nice sheets and a selection of firm and soft pillows. The large TV worked well and the bathroom was clean, with a nice sink and a good hot shower.

The hot breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations, and I was quickly on my way to work. The commute on a Thursday morning took about an hour into downtown DC.

Bottom line: I will stay here again for a similar trip. A similar hotel in DC would be at least twice as expensive. It is a solid value for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms up high and away from the highway would be the quietest, although my 4th floor room over the p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed our service and accommodations and look forward to your return. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations for all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was here for a couple weeks and was very happy that they accepted my Entertainment card. The rates at this hotel are lower than its competitors yet the accommodations are still quite suitable for business travel purposes. Front desk was very competent. The few times I let housekeeping tidy up the room I was impressed in how they chose which things to reorganize and which to leave alone. For example, they didn't replace the extra pillows I discarded when they made the bed. I believe they remodeled a few years ago, so most things were in good shape. At night, I generally could not hear any of the other guests. What is most lacking at this hotel is the restaurant/bar. My chicken burger was dry and burned. Fries overly salted. Check was not picked up for 15 minutes. The bar is just full of classless testosterone pumped dudes watching sports which might be typical of most hotels, but the cops had to be called when a few guys got drunk and/or belligerent. The area smelled like vomit also. I have more fun watching tv and drinking in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your two week stay in the area. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay. We have notified the restaurant manager of your troubles in the restaurant. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I travelled and stayed at Holiday Inn Greenbelt MD this past weekend. We were looking to go to downtown Washington as well as Annapolis. The location worked well for us for both of our destinations. I did stay at this hotel once before and my stay this past weekend was just as enjoyable as the first time. The room we had had two beds that were even more comfortable than my bed at home - I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The room was clean and even had a microwave and refrigerator. That was a nice surprise as I had drinks I wanted to keep cold for my son's golf tournament and was not looking forward to having to keep everything on ice. The bathroom was well stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner and lots of other cute little bottles. We went to the restaurant for breakfast each morning and really enjoyed their breakfast buffet - they had just about anything you could want on the buffet. We also went for dinner one night and really enjoyed the food and the time we spent there. We talked to quite a few employees while we were there - both in the hotel and in the restaurant - everyone was very nice and went above and beyond to be helpful. What a great staff! We had a GREAT weekend and really look forward to going back again sometime. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are so delighted you really enjoyed your return stay with us and our convenient location to Washington, DC and Annapolis. We strive to provide excellent customer service and accommodations. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your return.
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The family and I checked into this hotel after reading good reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately the reviews did not live up to expectations. The room was very small with two double beds. The bathroom looked like it had black mold on the ceiling. We decided to try out the restaurant for lunch and was served just barely adequate food...the coffee was cold (with a mouthful of grounds at the bottom), the italian sausage in the sub sandwich was hard, and the veggie wrap was lacking flavor of any kind. It was by mutual consent that we would not be returning for dinner. Overall, this hotel is adequate for a stopover stay but definitely NOT for a vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are truly sorry for the troubles you had during your stay with us. We have brought your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping department staff and restaurant manager. We always welcome any troubles a guest has during their stay be brought to the attention of our manager on duty. Again, we are truly sorry.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great Stay Rooms were nice and clean great deals online , nice bar .I would stay again . the only probelm was when my husband booked the room using his discount card the front desk manager was rude when stating WE MUST MAKE SURE we have our duscount card when we arrived or we will not be getting the discount it was the tone he used . but once we got thier the trip was good. not far from maryland live,love the mall its huge, and a short drive away .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and our convenient location to Arundel Mills Mall next to Maryland Live. We apologize for the rudeness of our front desk staff and have addressed the troubles you had with our staff and emphasized the importance of providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD? Share your experiences!