The Holiday Inn at Greenbelt, MD is your typical Holiday Inn. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful (although he looked about 16 and couldn't find a working stapler). The staff was quick to bring in an extra bed for me when I joined two others for a night's stay before a conference next door. The room was cramped, but pleasant with all the usual amenities, plus some. The shower was fine, the towels fresh and white, the toiletries small...average all around. They do offer WiFi in the rooms, which was a great help, and you can use the computer and printer in the business center - minus a working stapler - which was very helpful. It looked like there were international travelers coming and going to BWI airport, so they probably have a shuttle. There is a pool, too, but we did not get to use it. The air conditioning was too cold one for of us, not cold enough for another, and ok for me...!
The major problem we had during our stay was the restaurant - which is really a sports bar called Willy K's. It was not very busy but for some reason, it took almost an hour to get our dinners served. The waitress was not helpful, even when she tried to be and the whole meal was barely edible by some. Other guests present were mostly drinkers who were watching football games, dressed in their team jerseys - and were having a very good time. But for us staid older ladies, it was a bit of a bust.
When we complained about the service and the meal, we were given breakfast coupons, which helped to make up for the terrible service and mediocre food. So how badly can one screw up breakfast? We didn't have the time to waste to find out and opted for the minimally inviting breakfast bar!
Usually I rave about where I have been. Couldn't do it this time. For a one night stay for a conference, it was fine. But I would look elsewhere if you want more than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn