“Good prices & housekeeping, poor restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
San Antonio, TX
“Good prices & housekeeping, poor restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was here for a couple weeks and was very happy that they accepted my Entertainment card. The rates at this hotel are lower than its competitors yet the accommodations are still quite suitable for business travel purposes. Front desk was very competent. The few times I let housekeeping tidy up the room I was impressed in how they chose which things to reorganize and which to leave alone. For example, they didn't replace the extra pillows I discarded when they made the bed. I believe they remodeled a few years ago, so most things were in good shape. At night, I generally could not hear any of the other guests. What is most lacking at this hotel is the restaurant/bar. My chicken burger was dry and burned. Fries overly salted. Check was not picked up for 15 minutes. The bar is just full of classless testosterone pumped dudes watching sports which might be typical of most hotels, but the cops had to be called when a few guys got drunk and/or belligerent. The area smelled like vomit also. I have more fun watching tv and drinking in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your two week stay in the area. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay. We have notified the restaurant manager of your troubles in the restaurant. Again, thank you for staying with us.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I travelled and stayed at Holiday Inn Greenbelt MD this past weekend. We were looking to go to downtown Washington as well as Annapolis. The location worked well for us for both of our destinations. I did stay at this hotel once before and my stay this past weekend was just as enjoyable as the first time. The room we had had two beds that were even more comfortable than my bed at home - I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The room was clean and even had a microwave and refrigerator. That was a nice surprise as I had drinks I wanted to keep cold for my son's golf tournament and was not looking forward to having to keep everything on ice. The bathroom was well stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner and lots of other cute little bottles. We went to the restaurant for breakfast each morning and really enjoyed their breakfast buffet - they had just about anything you could want on the buffet. We also went for dinner one night and really enjoyed the food and the time we spent there. We talked to quite a few employees while we were there - both in the hotel and in the restaurant - everyone was very nice and went above and beyond to be helpful. What a great staff! We had a GREAT weekend and really look forward to going back again sometime. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are so delighted you really enjoyed your return stay with us and our convenient location to Washington, DC and Annapolis. We strive to provide excellent customer service and accommodations. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your return.
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The family and I checked into this hotel after reading good reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately the reviews did not live up to expectations. The room was very small with two double beds. The bathroom looked like it had black mold on the ceiling. We decided to try out the restaurant for lunch and was served just barely adequate food...the coffee was cold (with a mouthful of grounds at the bottom), the italian sausage in the sub sandwich was hard, and the veggie wrap was lacking flavor of any kind. It was by mutual consent that we would not be returning for dinner. Overall, this hotel is adequate for a stopover stay but definitely NOT for a vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are truly sorry for the troubles you had during your stay with us. We have brought your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping department staff and restaurant manager. We always welcome any troubles a guest has during their stay be brought to the attention of our manager on duty. Again, we are truly sorry.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great Stay Rooms were nice and clean great deals online , nice bar .I would stay again . the only probelm was when my husband booked the room using his discount card the front desk manager was rude when stating WE MUST MAKE SURE we have our duscount card when we arrived or we will not be getting the discount it was the tone he used . but once we got thier the trip was good. not far from maryland live,love the mall its huge, and a short drive away .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and our convenient location to Arundel Mills Mall next to Maryland Live. We apologize for the rudeness of our front desk staff and have addressed the troubles you had with our staff and emphasized the importance of providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I want to start off by saying that this is the first time I've ever written a review for TripAdvisor. I've used the site quite often, however I have never felt compelled to write a review until now.
Overall it is a very nice hotel l if you are traveling into DC. It's an excellent place to stay if you are coming from Pennsylvania/Northern Maryland, especially if you are going to a Nats game. It's a straight trip in on the green line, taking roughly 30-35 minutes. The rooms are pretty typical for what you expect to see in a Holiday Inn. Very clean and seem to be newly remodeled.
What seperates this hotel from others I've stayed in are the staff. During our last trip, I left a watch that was given to me as an anniversary present by my girlfriend on the room desk. I did not realize my mistake until the following day after returning home and getting ready for work. I called the hotel and they immediately put me in touch with housekeeping staff. At this point I was thinking to myself (and being told as much by others) that my watch was as good as gone. To my pleasant suprise, I spoke to one of the most polite and helpful housekeeping staff members I have ever had the pleasure of speaking to. (I wish I could remember her name.) Anyway, to make a long story short, she told me that they would ship the watch back to me at the hotel's expense. Several days later the watch was returned to me safe and sound.
As I said earlier, the level of service and the helpfulness of everyone that I spoke after realizing my mistake, compelled me to write this review. I would recommend this hotel to anyone if you are traveling to the DC area and want an alternative to traveling into the city. I will without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and staff. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent service and accommodations. We appreciate the time you took to write your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for business in mid-August and loved it. The room was great and the food there was actually pretty good.

Pros: Location, Price, Rooms, Nice Bar area

Cons: Thermostat was old, breakfast wasn't that great.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt MD, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We are happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back if you return to the area for business. Thank you for staying with us.
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was gorgeous and the bed was comfy. Lots of pillows and seating. Quiet hotel . Room service food was quick and excellent. Location is only 15 minutes from Six Flags and 30 minutes from DC and Baltimore. Area was save and had lots of stores and resturaunts. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: A/C unit was a bit loud but hotel was quiet. I stayed on 3rd floor.