“It serves the beltway crowd very well!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
College Station, Texas
“It serves the beltway crowd very well!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here one night on a business trip to a nearby government campus. Arrived late, left early but had very friendly staff to check me in and out and a great complimentary shuttle service too. I don't stay in Courtyards very often but this one was nice and the rooms and bathrooms are indeed large sized just like they say on TeeVee! Very clean and comfortable and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

My only complaint would be the little breakfast bar was understaffed for the customer load. I don't blame the poor ladies trying their best to keep up but someone either called in sick or management wasn't staffing the bistro properly. Still, a very nice simple breakfast once the staff was able to prepare the fresh fruit slices that everyone was ordering.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews and because they had a shuttle service to the Metro System. We stayed seven days and were extremely pleased. The staff was exceptional and the rooms were very clean. The shuttle service made our visit so much easier. Traffic in DC is horrid. The only decent way to get around is by Metro. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed one night.The hotel was located with easy access to highways to get us to D.C. for our college visit at Georgetown U. We used Priceline to book our room and got it for just under $70 dollars. Hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. Hotel did not have free breakfast which was strange as most Marriott brands do and this was our first stay at a courtyard. This will play into our future stays at Marriott brands. In all we were pleased with this hotel but will find one with free breakfast .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wyncote, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I loved the lobby and the 24-hour pantry. Check-in was a snap via the extremely kind and professional desk staff. The Marriott Rewards fortune cookie was a nice touch (open it and they award you some sort of prize on the spot. I won a bottled water from the pantry).

The room smelled like mold or mildew, I'm not sure which one it was, but I had already walked 12 miles to get to the room and didn't feel like changing it as we were late to the event we were in town for. When we went to bed, we swore there were fleas in the sheets as we kept itching our legs. I'm sure it was a product of the massive amounts of bleach used on the sheets. (We stripped the sheets down to inspect for critters and saw nothing).

The next morning we woke up to the loudest housekeeper in DC talking in the hallway. Not quite the way you want to rise on a Sunday morning away from your 3 and 5 YO children. I seriously wanted to push her and her cart out into the street.

Room Tip: First, read the reviews. Second, book somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for two nights. The rate per night is highly overpriced. I think we paid for modern furniture / renovation costs. Don't get me wrong, the room was nicely decorated but very small. The bathroom was very small. The mattress was awful, my husband and I both had backaches for two days.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Spent three nights here on business. Friendly and helpful front office staff. Adequate room, self-service laundry and fitness center. Business center okay for email access and B&W printing. Free WiFi. In-house food service is basic but okay. I'll stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Beckley, West Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I reserved a room through Priceline-was not made aware you cannot smoke on premises, only
could not smoke in room. My son, 44 years old, smoked on the balcony and properly disposed of his cigarette butts in a paper cup with water in it. When I received my credit card bill, I had been charged $250.00 as a fine for him smoking in public on the balcony. I dispute this charge.
The rooms are nice but nothing to brag about.
NO where was it stated a fine would be issed if you smoked on the balcony. If you smoke don't
go here. Find another hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Greenbelt? Share your experiences!